Game Discussion: Devil May Cry HD Collection (Xbox 360)

DMC 1: Dante Must Die achievement

• Whiteb0y357Whiteb0y357699,720
    Posted on 22 July 13 at 16:05
    Hey True Achievers,
    I'm about to do the play through of Dante Must Die difficulty on first Devil May Cry game in the HD Collection.
    Any suggestions on how much of each item I should have before attempting this play through? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Whiteb0y357
  • Marketman316Marketman316893,915
    Posted on 24 November 13 at 22:53
    I have asked this question on a different thread, if I hear anything i will let you know
    Nottingham Forest FC to win the Championship 2013/14
  • Posted on 25 November 13 at 15:11
    It really all goes down to how good you are and how many problems you have with different bosses. DMD in the first game is very hard, not because of the normal encounters but because of the bosses.
    Get 40 untouchables, even if this may be (and most likely will be if you're somewhat good at this game) a total overkill. The last thing you want to do is to start a new save because you don't have enough items and just can't get one of the last bosses down. Furthermore, while collecting the untouchables, you'll also acquire enough Holy Waters and Devil Stars to make DMD easy enough.

I did the mistake of going into the DMD with almost no items and orbs and let me tell you, it was probably one of the hardest difficulty settings I ever played in a game. Took me 3 days to get through. So as I said, better safe than sorry.
  • Marketman316Marketman316893,915
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 13:57
    If you want to learn the game, you need a handful of each
    If you want to be cheap and spam items you will need to complete Hard mode then keep selecting normal. There are 5 Untouchables per run and each run takes about 2 hours
    You will, of course have shit-loads of red-orbs too but buying items on DMD is expensive
    Nottingham Forest FC to win the Championship 2013/14
  • Whiteb0y357Whiteb0y357699,720
    Posted on 01 July 14 at 19:41
    Thanks for the help guys! I will be safe than sorry then and stack up on many items.
    Whiteb0y357
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 July 14 at 19:45
    You're very lucky there isn't a "S RANK ALL MISSION ON DMD MODE" Achievement like there is in dmc4, and also be lucky there isn't a ranking system like dmc4.
    Because in dmc4, you cannot get an S Rank if you use items.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 December 14 at 14:31
    SandHawkTime said:You're very lucky there isn't a "S RANK ALL MISSION ON DMD MODE" Achievement like there is in dmc4, and also be lucky there isn't a ranking system like dmc4.
    You can actually get an S Rank with using Items, if your other Stats from the Missionrun is good enough. Same for Yellow Orb using or even Super Char.
    DMC4: 25 XBL WR's - 15 PSN WR's 1000/1000G completed in 30hrs.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 July 15 at 21:26
    xDLl0YD091x said:SandHawkTime said:You're very lucky there isn't a "S RANK ALL MISSION ON DMD MODE" Achievement like there is in dmc4, and also be lucky there isn't a ranking system like dmc4.
    You can actually get an S Rank with using Items, if your other Stats from the Missionrun is good enough. Same for Yellow Orb using or even Super Char.
    I only just started playing the game, was just a presumption ;)
    Life is insignificant, in the end we all die.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads