Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it.

Malfunctioning Scanners

• AndyLSimmonsAndyLSimmons154,998
    Posted on 06 June 10 at 10:12, Edited on 29 November 14 at 14:46 by Spilner
    • Please post here if there is a problem with the scanners. Be sure to check for any existing Live issues here before posting.

• You can see how the scanners are running by viewing this page TA Scanner Feed, you can find out which scanner you are on by hovering over the blue (i) next to your played games total on your homepage.

• In the various times that Live is having achievement issues please check that the GamerScore/Achievement totals on TA and xbox.com do not match before posting here.

• If you have unlocked achievements in a 0G game like Xbox LIVE Labs and Quake II please post here so that a full scan can be requested to pick them up for you.

• Before posting that you're not being scanned please check that your profile is not displaying this icon where your TA score should be as that indicates your Xbox profile has privacy settings on for your Game History, click the icon for details on how to fix them.

• For GameStat issues see here - Why haven't my Xbox One Game Stats or Challenges updated - Find out here
  • redjarmanredjarman589,508
    Posted on 20 June 10 at 15:39, Edited on 20 June 10 at 15:41 by redjarman
    For me, the scanner doesn't like to update my gamerpic. I changed it over a week ago and have clicked the update gamerpic button almost every day, but it still hasn't changed. This happened the last time I changed it too.
    EDIT: and literally 10 seconds after posting this, it updates. wtf.
    Still, it took over a week, could you take a look at it?
    Posted on 20 June 10 at 15:48
    Sometimes the site updates the pic but you don't see it because your browser cashe needs refreshing. You can do that by pressing Ctrl-F5.
  • redjarmanredjarman589,508
    Posted on 20 June 10 at 16:40
    OK, didn't know about that. Thanks.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy631,539
    Posted on 16 July 10 at 00:48
    TA Scanner 3 reports my gamertag as invalid all of the sudden. What's up?
    Posted on 16 July 10 at 00:51
    The problem lies with Xbox.com, we just have to wait until they fix whatever problems they are having.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • KiR3DKiR3D461,071
    Posted on 20 July 10 at 02:57
    yeah same problem here keeps saying invalid...
  • Posted on 24 July 10 at 17:44
    ta scanner 4 will never let me force feed and it only ever scans me once a day, sometimes not even that...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 July 10 at 18:24
    I was under the impression that you can request a scan twice a day, correct?

Well if that is so, then the scanners must be acting up. Because I haven't requested a scan in about a week. I earned some achievements last night around 9pm eastern. I requested a scan, it updated my page like it should. But the scan button was greyed out like I had used two scans.

As I type this, it is still greyed out. But technically I should have two scans available to use since its the next day. Any ideas?
    [url=http://www.trueachievements.com/McDurbin.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Mc
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 July 10 at 18:59
    Are you hitting refresh after you request a scan? That will actually use another scan.

After you request a scan, and you're ready to refresh, click on your name instead.

See: Request Update Button Appears to be Broken
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 July 10 at 19:40
    Thanks NORVY! I didn't know that. I'll be sure to do that from now on.
    [url=http://www.trueachievements.com/McDurbin.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Mc
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry475,891
    Posted on 31 July 10 at 14:52
    Scanner 2 has been acting up. I've twice forced an update today and twice I have gotten the message of the scan failing (in the area where it says when I was last scanned). I've noticed it picking up my new gamerscore but being pretty slow in posting in my mini-feed / updating TA score.
    I mean it's working fine, just not as it normally works for me.
    Use one of the quotes from that thread
  • Posted on 03 August 10 at 13:09, Edited on 03 August 10 at 13:18 by CausticZabi
    TA scanner 1, after a recent site crash/malfunction, decided to stop scanning at around 12:00

Just so yakno and all.

Seems like it finally decided to start scanning again although its looking pretty sketchy..Don't think its working properly.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,886,965
    Posted on 08 August 10 at 01:43
    Odd problem with the scanners... I was updated at about 1230 UTC yesterday... except that I'd earned the Vidmaster 7 on 7 achievement several hours before, and the scanner didn't pick it up. About 10 minutes later I was looking for it, saw the Donator Scanner hadn't caught it, so I requested a scan. This time it picked it up, but I don't know why it hadn't before. I'm assuming the timestamp on the earlier scan was correct.

I think it happened earlier in the week, too.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,147,052
    Posted on 08 August 10 at 11:09
    A normal timed scan wont pick up a 0G achievement. (if thats the only new achievement, of course)
    Careful this post MAY be a joke. http://www.last.fm/user/Spilner1001 check me out.
    Posted on 08 August 10 at 17:46
    Ah... that would explain it. Thanks, Spil. :-)
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • BolchBolch337,090
    Posted on 10 August 10 at 19:29
    Donator scanner seems to have stalled
  • DomaDragoonDomaDragoon169,807
    Posted on 11 August 10 at 14:22
    The scanners (usually #3 or 4) get the achievements that I've earned, but I've had an issue over the past week or so where it will just keep displaying my status from the previous scan or just a hyphen.
    www.rpgdl.com
  • SpilnerSpilner1,147,052
    Posted on 11 August 10 at 14:25
    DomaDragoon said:
    The scanners (usually #3 or 4) get the achievements that I've earned, but I've had an issue over the past week or so where it will just keep displaying my status from the previous scan or just a hyphen.
    Online Status Issue
    Careful this post MAY be a joke. http://www.last.fm/user/Spilner1001 check me out.
    Posted on 12 August 10 at 03:31, Edited on 12 August 10 at 03:31 by Sashamorning
    The donator scanner seems to have gotten locked up a few hours ago. Also, is it common to have to check the same user several times in a row? That seems to be happening often lately.

Or is this an xbox.com issue?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads