Film and TV

For discussions on upcoming films, films in general, TV shows and the like

What Bands/Artists Have You Seen Live?

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 February 09 at 20:14, Edited on 19 February 09 at 20:24 by Ashen Seraph
    Post the band/artist and date that you attended.
    Signature Banned
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 February 09 at 20:16
    Sorry for mis-spelling 'have' in the title, but I have seen:

Iron Maiden - 3/14/08
    AC/DC - 11/19/08
    Metallica - 2/1/09
    Signature Banned
  • zigs00zigs00217,571
    Posted on 19 February 09 at 20:23
    I used to go to gigs all the time, but i also used to have shit taste in music :/ So it's quite embaressing.
    [/sarcasm]
  • Ashen SeraphAshen Seraph1,127,566
    Posted on 19 February 09 at 20:26
    B1RCH BOY said:
    Sorry for mis-spelling 'have' in the title
    Fixed for you.

Story of the Year (wasn't all that impressed, but then again I wasn't surprised)
    Hoobastank
    P.O.D.
    Linkin Park

All at the same concert.

I've also seen Blue Man Group and Trans Siberian Orchestra, in a concert for each respectively.
    - TA Clan - Eye Sea Ewe.
  • Posted on 19 February 09 at 21:34
    In no perticular order

Feeder, Travis, Manic street preachers, Queens of the stone age, Angels and airwaves, Motorhead, Foo fighers, Chemical brothers, Keane, Juliette and the Licks, Black rebel motorcycle club.

Thats all i can remember at the mo.
    I used to be indecisive but now i just dont know....
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 February 09 at 15:13
    I would have loved to go to Motorhead concert! Foo Fighter probably wouldn't be that bad either. =)
    Signature Banned by Admin
  • dudecrazy108dudecrazy108444,742
    Posted on 21 February 09 at 00:40
    Well Warped Tour this year was my first so.

In no order.

Story Of The Year
    The Academy Is
    Shwayze (met them)
    The Devil Wears Prada (my favorite band)
    All Time Low
    Say Anything
    Gym Class Hereoes
    We The Kings
    and I met Katy Perry (one of my favorite moments)lol

and thats all I think.
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB206,087
    Posted on 21 February 09 at 02:08
    Green Day - American Idiot Tour
    Opening Bands I remember: Jimmy Eat World

Papa Roach - Phat Phest (local promotion)
    Opening Bands I remember: Paredimshift (local band...local concert actually thrown by papa roach to promote local bands from their [and my] hometown)

Nickelback - All The Right Reasons Tour (god Dark Horse is a terrible album)
    Opening Bands I remember: Hinder, Chevelle, Hoobastank

Dropkick Murphys - The Meanest of Times Tour
    Opening Bands I remember: Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Civet

I really haven't been to many gigs before...I wanted to see a gig with Cake and another gig that had Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Saving Abel but both gigs were sold out. Same with the Police tour where The Fratellis (!!!) were an opening band.
    Save a Life...Shoot a heart donor.
    Posted on 21 February 09 at 02:23
    Those are some good bands you've seen Sebastian.
  • Posted on 21 February 09 at 08:14
    Haven't seen much, but I've seen a few epic shows.

-Propaghandi w/ Randy
    -Post Mortem Twitch
    -Australian Pink Floyd
    -Bunch at Warped Tour
    -Danzig w/ Doyel
    ~TA Clan~ You can cut the tension with a +6 Sword!
  • MinPinMinPin581,741
    Posted on 22 February 09 at 06:01
    sweet candy jesus, this could be a long list. the hubby's is waaay up over 100; mine's a lot lower, but still prolly around 50. i know I'm missing a bunch, but it's a start. in no particular order:

The Beach Boys (several times)
    Davy Jones (ditto)
    Jimmy Buffett
    Boston
    Heart
    Styx
    Journey
    Cheap Trick
    Eagles
    Sheryl Crow
    Meat Loaf (twice)
    KISS
    Kansas
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Blue Man Group (since someone else counted it)
    Peggy March
    Leslie Gore
    The Crystals
    George Jones
    Kenny Rogers
    The Oak Ridge Boys
    Charlie Daniels
    Molly Hatchet
    Marshall Tucker
    Merle Haggard
    George Strait
    Dierks Bentley

We've been on a tribute band kick lately, so I've seen faux GnR, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Bon Jovi, mini-KISS, and mini-YMCA in the past couple months. We've also seen a bunch of local classic rock bands, inlcuding YBR at least 50 times.
    [insert pithy comment here]
  • BLYASTBLYAST1,179,947
    Posted on 24 February 09 at 02:44, Edited on 25 February 09 at 22:42 by BLYAST
    Not too long of a list I don't think but here goes:

ZZ Top
    Arch Enemy
    Killswitch Engage
    Papa Roach
    System of a Down(twice)
    Hatebreed
    The Offspring
    ACDC
    Metallica
    Blink 182
    Christina Aguilera
    Seether (with Amy Lee from Evanescense)
    Nickelback
    Thornley
    Buckcherry
    Three Days Grace
    Finger Eleven
    Bon Jovi
    Hinder
    Rush
    Linkin Park
    Mars Volta
    NoFX
    Lil Wayne
    Disturbed
    Miser
    Incubus
    Puddle of Mudd
    Rise Against
    Protest the Hero

Damn, I feel like a concert junkie now. I didn't realize I'd been to so many. I guess it's just because I've always lived in big cities. They come to me, I'm not hardcore and go chasing them around or anything.... I sware lol
    - |TA Clan| - How many Noobs could Noob-Smoke smoke if Noob-Smoke could smoke Noobs?
  • Ashen SeraphAshen Seraph1,127,566
    Posted on 24 February 09 at 03:42
    Holy crap, Night. A lot of bands come through my area too, But that is a crazy amount. Think of all the games you could have bought for that amount of money. :P
    - TA Clan - Eye Sea Ewe.
    Posted on 24 February 09 at 16:30
    Wow night. Just wow. Some awsome bands on there though.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 February 09 at 20:44
    Looks like you have quite a diverse taste in music there. I would've liked to see System of a Down, The Offspring, and Disturbed.NightStalker666 said:
    Not too long of a list I don't think but here goes:

ZZ Top
    Arch Enemy
    Killswitch Engage
    Papa Roach
    System of a Down
    Hatebreed
    The Offspring
    ACDC
    Metallica
    Blink 182
    Christina Aguilera
    Seether (with Amy Lee from Evanescense)
    Nickelback
    Thornley
    Buckcherry
    Three Days Grace
    Finger Eleven
    Bon Jovi
    Hinder
    Rush
    Linkin Park
    Mars Volta
    NoFX
    Lil Wayne
    Disturbed
    Miser
    Incubus
    Puddle of Mudd
    Rise Against
    Protest the Hero

Damn, I feel like a concert junkie now. I didn't realize I'd been to so many. I guess it's just because I've always lived in big cities. They come to me, I'm not hardcore and go chasing them around or anything.... I sware lol
    Latest Completion: Dash of Destruction
  • BLYASTBLYAST1,179,947
    Posted on 25 February 09 at 22:31, Edited on 25 February 09 at 22:41 by BLYAST
    Yeah, I've been privileged enough to catch some good ones I guess.

For the record, System of a Down was on a whole other level performance wise than any band I've seen. The first time I saw them was for Mezmerise and only their second show on tour. Had great seats, energy was unbelievable. They never play a bad song, it's as simple as that.

The second time I saw them though was for Hyponitize almost exactly a year later and, man oh man, again they were godlike but this time even better. Was on the floor of the Saddledome (closed hockey arena) in Calgary. Killswitch opened for them.... and then they proceeded to play a legendary show in which I got a black eye, drenched in alcohol, blood, sweat, drink,, naked girls everywhere, security guards getting swarmed and overrun with people from the seats pouring on the floor, the entire building was hotboxed from all the weed being smoked. Anyways, good memories for sure.

Disturbed I saw with Puddle of Mudd at a huge showing in Dallas and they were great as always, and OffSpring I was a bit young (12 or 13) but still remember it vividly because of how offensive and downright shocking Americana was to everyone at the time, and of course how I was singing along the whole time.

Anyways, with all that money, I could have very well bought a car or a house even, or own every 360 game. But the memories were/are definitely worth it for most. Bands aren't around forever, and neither are you, gotta get out and enjoy life sometimes :D - headspin

I'm looking to add to that list soon also.
    I've got tickets to see Theory of a Deadman, Hinder, and Motley Crue in March
    and how about this one... Willie Nelson (April 8th 09) - so looking forward to that - the guy never stops

One more thing. I'm jealous of go tribes list. I wish I was born sooner, most of those are bands I'd give my right arm to see.
    - |TA Clan| - How many Noobs could Noob-Smoke smoke if Noob-Smoke could smoke Noobs?
    Posted on 25 February 09 at 23:17
    NightStalker666 said:
    Yeah, I've been privileged enough to catch some good ones I guess.

For the record, System of a Down was on a whole other level performance wise than any band I've seen. The first time I saw them was for Mezmerise and only their second show on tour. Had great seats, energy was unbelievable. They never play a bad song, it's as simple as that.

The second time I saw them though was for Hyponitize almost exactly a year later and, man oh man, again they were godlike but this time even better. Was on the floor of the Saddledome (closed hockey arena) in Calgary. Killswitch opened for them.... and then they proceeded to play a legendary show in which I got a black eye, drenched in alcohol, blood, sweat, drink,, naked girls everywhere, security guards getting swarmed and overrun with people from the seats pouring on the floor, the entire building was hotboxed from all the weed being smoked. Anyways, good memories for sure.

Disturbed I saw with Puddle of Mudd at a huge showing in Dallas and they were great as always, and OffSpring I was a bit young (12 or 13) but still remember it vividly because of how offensive and downright shocking Americana was to everyone at the time, and of course how I was singing along the whole time.

Anyways, with all that money, I could have very well bought a car or a house even, or own every 360 game. But the memories were/are definitely worth it for most. Bands aren't around forever, and neither are you, gotta get out and enjoy life sometimes :D - headspin

I'm looking to add to that list soon also.
    I've got tickets to see Theory of a Deadman, Hinder, and Motley Crue in March
    and how about this one... Willie Nelson (April 8th 09) - so looking forward to that - the guy never stops

One more thing. I'm jealous of go tribes list. I wish I was born sooner, most of those are bands I'd give my right arm to see.
    I would do anything to have been there.
  • Truly JadedTruly Jaded147,255
    Posted on 26 February 09 at 14:14
    A few of mine are really embarrassing teenage girl type bands, but i'll try and remember as many as I can.
    Michael Jackson - Singapore - 29th August 1993 (i think it was 1993?)
    Boyzone - 1994-1999 (a few times lol)
    Ronan Keating - Tatton Park 2006 (i think)
    East 17 - Steam Tour 1994/5?
    Robbie Williams - Melbourne Dec 2004
    Christina Agurilera - Adelaide Dec 2004
    Evanescence - Adelaide Dec 2004
    Paul McArtney - Manchester 2003/4 & Anfield 2008
    Kaiser Chiefs - Anfield 2008
    Zutons - Anfield 2008
    Simon & Garfunkel - Manchester 2004ish
    U2 - Manchester 2002ish (elevation tour i think it was)
    Basement Jaxx - CPW Christmas Ball 2005 London.
    David Bowie - Manchester 2004 (Move @ Trafford Cricket Ground)
    R.E.M - Manchester 2003 (Move @ Trafford Cricket Ground)
    Badly Drawn Boy - Manchester 2003 (" ")
    Pink - Adelaide 2003 (Adelaide Oval, was a day festival thing)
    Shaggy - Adelaide 2003 (" ")

Somewhere along the lines there have been a few more teeny type bands in there 911 probably being my most embarrassing! lol.
    tainted-diamonds
  • CausingJacobCausingJacob1,112,630
    Posted on 26 February 09 at 16:56
    oh man i cant remeber the dates, but ive seen...

goldfinger, bloodhound gang, madcapsule markets, cypress hill, ermm theres some more but i cant remeber lol
    Posted on 26 February 09 at 21:36
    CYPRESS HILL!!!! I want to see them.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads