Game Discussion: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Dated

• dudecrazy108dudecrazy108449,072
    Posted on 23 February 09 at 17:19
    "Atari today announced that their upcoming Riddick title, Assault on Dark Athena will be available in North America from April 7th, with it coming to Europe a few weeks later on April 24th."

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena will include a new Dark Athena campaign, the HD remake of Escape from Butcher Bay and a multiplayer aspect, including the unique Pitch Black mode.

In addition to the release date news, Atari and Starbreeze also announced that Dark Athena will get the demo treatment in March, so you get the chance to try before you buy.

Yes, So there it is a date for a game that most people are looking forward to.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2271-Riddick--A...
  • Ashen SeraphAshen Seraph1,127,742
    Posted on 23 February 09 at 17:50
    Wow.... that's funny.... considering the game has had that release date since at least Jan 25, considering that is when I pre-ordered it. Great job on the reporting delay x360a.
    - TA Clan - Eye Sea Ewe.
    Posted on 23 February 09 at 20:11
    Oh well I did not know that. My bad for reporting old news.
    Posted on 23 February 09 at 20:14, Edited on 23 February 09 at 20:15 by Ashen Seraph
    I'm not blaming you, if you hadn't reserved the game or been paying close attention to the game you wouldn't have known. x360a should have done their homework though before making a post like that.
    - TA Clan - Eye Sea Ewe.
    Posted on 23 February 09 at 20:17
    Yes, after thinking about it they should have looked it up. I mean I try to bring all there new achievement lists and stories onto here and after re-reading there story they sound like they really dont know what they are talking about.
  • Posted on 24 February 09 at 18:09
    Well that was the unofficial release date. It was only officially announced yesterday which is why it showed up on x360a as news. It also showed up on g4, shacknews, joystiq and ign and probably other places that I don't read. So it is considered newsworthy, it's just not exciting if you've been paying real close attention.
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB206,104
    Posted on 24 February 09 at 18:16
    I'm really excited about this...I felt horrible when I never played the first after how many great things I heard about it.
    Save a Life...Shoot a heart donor.
  • Posted on 24 February 09 at 19:50
    I am excited for it too. I've also heard (I believe it was on a preview on G4's Xplay last month) that an updated version of the original campaign will appear on the disc as well so we may get our chance to get caught up. Having also not seen the movie, I really hope that this is the case.
    Posted on 24 February 09 at 19:59
    Actually, this is a prequel. It takes place several years before Pitch Black. It won't catch you up on the movies at all.
    - TA Clan - Eye Sea Ewe.
    Posted on 24 February 09 at 20:48
    GameTagwastaken said:
    I am excited for it too. I've also heard (I believe it was on a preview on G4's Xplay last month) that an updated version of the original campaign will appear on the disc as well so we may get our chance to get caught up. Having also not seen the movie, I really hope that this is the case.
    Yes it does have both games on it. The one that was on the old xbox and the new game. Along with the new multiplayer idea that they have been talking about.
  • TumyStxxTumyStxx417,313
    Posted on 24 February 09 at 20:51
    I have been waiting for a sequel to the original. I am really looking forward to this!
    Posted on 24 February 09 at 20:55
    dudecrazy108 said:
    The one that was on the old xbox and the new game.
    That's not entirely true. Yes, it contains the old story plus the new one, however, The old story is actually the one from the PC (which did have more content) and it has been completely overhauled. The gameplay mechanics have been updated to the new version, the textures have all been redone, the voice acting was all re-recorded, and the level design was all reworked to improve bad areas in the original version and to provide the multiple solution oriented gameplay they've been hyping up.
    - TA Clan - Eye Sea Ewe.
    Posted on 24 February 09 at 20:57
    Oh ok at least I was right that it did include the orginal one just not from the xbox.
  • TumyStxxTumyStxx417,313
    Posted on 24 February 09 at 21:58
    Seraphim Needed said:
    dudecrazy108 said:
    The one that was on the old xbox and the new game.
    That's not entirely true. Yes, it contains the old story plus the new one, however, The old story is actually the one from the PC (which did have more content) and it has been completely overhauled. The gameplay mechanics have been updated to the new version, the textures have all been redone, the voice acting was all re-recorded, and the level design was all reworked to improve bad areas in the original version and to provide the multiple solution oriented gameplay they've been hyping up.
    That is awesome. it will give me a reason to replay the old one.
  • Posted on 24 February 09 at 22:33
    Looking forward to this. I enjoyed playing it on the old xbox and hope to enjoy the remake and new one just as much.
    I used to be indecisive but now i just dont know....
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 February 09 at 03:14
    SebastianSB said:
    I'm really excited about this...I felt horrible when I never played the first after how many great things I heard about it.
    Yup, same here.

Always wanted to play the original, but I never had an Xbox. At least I'll be able to play it now. =]
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB206,104
    Posted on 25 February 09 at 05:06
    Wait...so it's going to have both games? That's just awesome! Looks like a definite buy for me, which isn't something I do very much any more.
    Save a Life...Shoot a heart donor.
  • Posted on 25 February 09 at 19:47
    Seraphim Needed said:
    I'm not blaming you, if you hadn't reserved the game or been paying close attention to the game you wouldn't have known. x360a should have done their homework though before making a post like that.
    It's still news to some people. Like the OP. And like me!

Looking forward to this one! Escape From Butcher Bay was great! Can't wait to play through it again... in HD... (with Achievements?) :)
    Posted on 25 February 09 at 20:00
    I don't mind the fact that it was reported. I just think it was stupid of them to claim that it was "just dated."
    - TA Clan - Eye Sea Ewe.
    Posted on 25 February 09 at 23:27
    I agree. But with the date jumping around and some people not knowing when its coming out I put the just dated for those that didnt know. To be honest I didnt even know.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads