Game Discussion: Game Room

Completing Game Room for less than 4000 msp

• ArchTirannusArchTirannus411,003
    Posted on 24 May 14 at 19:03
    Thank you so much for answering, Albino. Good to hear. I think I got it by chance, because the other day I just bought a single play in Lunar Lander and I realized I already had the time spender medal. Awesome!

By the way, I did the tokens' trick and it still works like a charm. I should point out it was a friend of mine with his dummy account who actually did it in my game room but at least i can confirm this method still works. I have not tried the other one.

Last but not least, i have tried to play with tokens in some certain cabinets (Thunder Castle, more specificly) but as far as I know there aren't all of them available, are they? If so...where the hell can I find them?

Thank yousmile
    Do unto others...
  • AlbinoKidELITEAlbinoKidELITE2,023,075
    Posted on 24 May 14 at 21:56
    ArchTirannus said:
    Last but not least, i have tried to play with tokens in some certain cabinets (Thunder Castle, more specificly) but as far as I know there aren't all of them available, are they? If so...where the hell can I find them?
    To use your tokens on cabinets without buying them you have to know someone who owns the cabinet... I was lucky in that one of my friends had gone mental buying full price cabinets when it first came out so there were about 20 I could abuse to my heart's content - if only I had realised that at the very beginning and not when I was halfway through! So I would advise visiting the arcade of every friend you have who has Game Room achievements and hope they have bought something you can use; most people decide to buy at least one to get the achievement for owning one, hopefully everybody you know bought different ones!
    What pawns we have become in this bland little play
  • JamPound32JamPound321,431,996
    Posted on 03 June 14 at 17:16
    If anyone wants to add me to abuse my arcade they're more than welcome, just send me a message so I know why you're adding me. Here's a list of my games, don't ask me why I buy them and not single play it's because I'm silly. :P

Activision Decathlon
    Astrosmash
    Auto Racing
    Breakout ( 2600 )
    Buzz Bombers
    Centipede
    Chopper Command
    City Bomber
    Cosmic Commuter
    Crystal Castles
    Food Fight
    Gravitar
    Jackal
    Jungler
    Keystone Kapers
    Konami's Ping Pong
    Laser Blast
    Lunar Lander
    Pitfall!
    Pooyan
    Rack 'Em Up
    River Raid
    River Raid II
    Road Fighter
    Shark! Shark!
    Soccer
    Super Breakout ( 2600 )
    Thunder Castle
    Video Pinball
    Yars' Revenge

I do need to get a couple more I think for level 20 so if there's any that are easy and I've missed let me know and I can get it.

I also ask that you remove me as a friend once you're done getting play time, unless you really love me. :P
  • DeviSlatorDeviSlator529,451
    Posted on 04 June 14 at 13:54
    Excellent work everyone! Gonna get on to grind out the last few achievements myself
  • Pyro1099Pyro1099258,109
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 23:10
    JamP0und32 said:
    If anyone wants to add me to abuse my arcade they're more than welcome, just send me a message so I know why you're adding me. Here's a list of my games, don't ask me why I buy them and not single play it's because I'm silly. :P

Activision Decathlon...

...I also ask that you remove me as a friend once you're done getting play time, unless you really love me. :P
    I'll add you since I plan on doing the token glitch, but I won't be doing it for a while so You might end up removing me before I do xD.
    Computer Nerd, Music Lover, Gaming Addict. Winter is Coming.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 September 14 at 20:57
    JamP0und32 said:If anyone wants to add me to abuse my arcade they're more than welcome, just send me a message so I know why you're adding me. Here's a list of my games, don't ask me why I buy them and not single play it's because I'm silly. :P

Activision Decathlon
    Astrosmash
    Auto Racing
    Breakout ( 2600 )
    Buzz Bombers
    Centipede
    Chopper Command
    City Bomber
    Cosmic Commuter
    Crystal Castles
    Food Fight
    Gravitar
    Jackal
    Jungler
    Keystone Kapers
    Konami's Ping Pong
    Laser Blast
    Lunar Lander
    Pitfall!
    Pooyan
    Rack 'Em Up
    River Raid
    River Raid II
    Road Fighter
    Shark! Shark!
    Soccer
    Super Breakout ( 2600 )
    Thunder Castle
    Video Pinball
    Yars' Revenge

I do need to get a couple more I think for level 20 so if there's any that are easy and I've missed let me know and I can get it.

I also ask that you remove me as a friend once you're done getting play time, unless you really love me. :P
    I will add you lol. Thanks!
    Scared Money don't make no money... If I ever go broke Im'ma take your money.
  • BODZ61BODZ6178,236
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 02:25
    JamP0und32 said:If anyone wants to add me to abuse my arcade they're more than welcome, just send me a message so I know why you're adding me. Here's a list of my games, don't ask me why I buy them and not single play it's because I'm silly. :P

I'll add you too. Does the token glitch still work?
  • GiinceeGiincee733,911
    Posted on 11 December 14 at 09:50
    I've also bought tons of games which are all in my game room. You can add me as friend if you want to but write a message that your adding me because of Game Room.
  • IstIngilizIstIngiliz573,583
    Posted on 13 January 15 at 14:01, Edited on 13 January 15 at 14:14 by IstIngiliz
    Pleased this is done. I took great enjoyment from deleting everything Game Room related from my hard drive!

Here's a list of what I did in case it helps someone. A number of these I messed up due to silly mistakes so would have been cheaper. I definitely recommend the coin 'glitch'. Wish I found out about it earlier. I just used my silver dummy account to try one of my games and turboed the A button to get coins for my main account.

A turbo pad makes life a lot easier for this! Wish I had picked one up sooner.

All are one plays unless stated

Activision Decathalon - G/G/G - use turbo for right on d-pad
    Astrosmash - G/G/X
    Beam Rider - X/G/G - turbo ilde
    Breakout - X/G/B
    Chopper Command - X/G/G turbo
    Circus Atari - X/G/X - this one times out even with turbo pad so be careful
    Cosmic Commuter - X/G/G - turbo
    Dolphin S/G/G 2 plays
    Finalizer G/B/G 2 plays (check Youtube for good video guide)
    Frostbite G/G/G 2 plays
    Galatic Warriors G/G/X - use block trick
    Gravitar (Arcade) - B/S/S
    HERO B/G/G - use one of the guides for map layout
    Iron Horse G/G/X - use punch trick
    Jailbreak - X/G/G - use guide here for enemy spawn guide
    Kabobber - X/G/G - turbo
    Kaboom - X/G/G - turbo
    Keystone Kapers - B/S/X
    Laser Blast - G/G/G
    Lunar Lander - S/G/G
    Night Stalker - G/G/G
    Oink - B/G/B
    Pinball Intellivision - X/G/G - turbo
    Pitfall - G/G/G (owned)
    Radar Lock - X/G/G - turbo
    River Raid - S/G/G - turbo
    River Raid 2 - X/G/G - turbo
    Seaquest - X/G/G - turbo I think
    Shark Shark - G/G/X
    Submarine Commander G/G/X
    Super Breakout - B/G/B
    Super Breakout (2600) - B/G/G - turbo
    Super Pro Decathalon G/G/G - turbo d pad (2 plays)
    Tutankham - X/X/X - total fail (2 plays)
    Video Pinball - X/G/G - turbo
    Yar's Revenge - S/G/G
  • LAFTALAFTA565,399
    Posted on 23 January 15 at 04:59
    Nice work man, nothing like the satisfaction of getting this one done so cheap!
    www.youtube.com/LAFTA
  • MEGAMAN962MEGAMAN962441,767
    Posted on 22 February 15 at 15:07
    Wanted to hop in here and say thanks to everyone who contributed to this. I wish I'd done the math on single plays long ago instead of sinking so much into arcade cabinets. Oh well, Bing Rewards paid for all of those. laugh

Another way to complete Game Room on the cheap if you're willing to go slow with it. I paid less than $10 of my real money for this completion (mostly at the end buying single plays to finish this off). Everything else was Bing Rewards >>> $10 Amazone Gift Card >>> $10 Xbox Gift Card (most efficient in terms of Bing points to $$$).
  • King CrepesKing Crepes453,429
    Posted on 23 February 15 at 18:37
    IstIngiliz said:Pleased this is done. I took great enjoyment from deleting everything Game Room related from my hard drive!

Here's a list of what I did in case it helps someone. A number of these I messed up due to silly mistakes so would have been cheaper. I definitely recommend the coin 'glitch'. Wish I found out about it earlier. I just used my silver dummy account to try one of my games and turboed the A button to get coins for my main account.

A turbo pad makes life a lot easier for this! Wish I had picked one up sooner.

All are one plays unless stated

Activision Decathalon - G/G/G - use turbo for right on d-pad
    Astrosmash - G/G/X
    Beam Rider - X/G/G - turbo ilde
    Breakout - X/G/B
    Chopper Command - X/G/G turbo
    Circus Atari - X/G/X - this one times out even with turbo pad so be careful
    Cosmic Commuter - X/G/G - turbo
    Dolphin S/G/G 2 plays
    Finalizer G/B/G 2 plays (check Youtube for good video guide)
    Frostbite G/G/G 2 plays
    Galatic Warriors G/G/X - use block trick
    Gravitar (Arcade) - B/S/S
    HERO B/G/G - use one of the guides for map layout
    Iron Horse G/G/X - use punch trick
    Jailbreak - X/G/G - use guide here for enemy spawn guide
    Kabobber - X/G/G - turbo
    Kaboom - X/G/G - turbo
    Keystone Kapers - B/S/X
    Laser Blast - G/G/G
    Lunar Lander - S/G/G
    Night Stalker - G/G/G
    Oink - B/G/B
    Pinball Intellivision - X/G/G - turbo
    Pitfall - G/G/G (owned)
    Radar Lock - X/G/G - turbo
    River Raid - S/G/G - turbo
    River Raid 2 - X/G/G - turbo
    Seaquest - X/G/G - turbo I think
    Shark Shark - G/G/X
    Submarine Commander G/G/X
    Super Breakout - B/G/B
    Super Breakout (2600) - B/G/G - turbo
    Super Pro Decathalon G/G/G - turbo d pad (2 plays)
    Tutankham - X/X/X - total fail (2 plays)
    Video Pinball - X/G/G - turbo
    Yar's Revenge - S/G/G
    So could you maybe say which button you put the turbo function on or was it just any button? Just because I want to buy a turbo controller and want to speed the whole thing up cause I'm level 14 atm laugh
  • MEGAMAN962MEGAMAN962441,767
    Posted on 24 February 15 at 00:36
    I used my turbo controller with any button the game didn't use. A lot of the time this was cn_X for me. If you own the game you can turbo the rewind button on classic mode. Before you do this on single plays make sure to either figure out which button you're going to use in the demo or hit cn_back and check the controls.
  • BODZ61BODZ6178,236
    Posted on 24 February 15 at 04:03
    Does anyone know how to do the "coin glitch?" I can't get it to work.
  • IstIngilizIstIngiliz573,583
    Posted on 24 February 15 at 09:36, Edited on 24 February 15 at 09:37 by IstIngiliz
    King Crepes said: So could you maybe say which button you put the turbo function on or was it just any button? Just because I want to buy a turbo controller and want to speed the whole thing up cause I'm level 14 atm laughAs MEGAMAN962 stated, most of the time it's the X button but on a few games it's something else. If you have a look at the guides people have made they'll tell you which button to turbo.
  • FlolaisFlolais551,493
    Posted on 07 March 15 at 23:41
    Does anyone have a full game room that I can use the coin glitch for? I'm trying to get some more time spenders for games like galactic warriors
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads