Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

TA Review: DuckTales Remastered

• litepinklitepink306,925
  • Dark Rocky XDark Rocky X1,118,451
    Posted on 14 September 13 at 17:40
    Great review LP=) Gonna have to give this a try since I thought I played it back then, but that was another game. Thanks for the review!!!!
    We work in the Dark, To serve the Light. We are Assassins!!! "Insieme per la vittoria"
  • HemogoblinSSHemogoblinSS897,954
    Posted on 14 September 13 at 18:06
    MUST RESIST PURCHASE.

Backlog is just way too big.

Added to the queue.

cry
    Where there's a Will; there's a way.
  • PYRLASTERPYRLASTER180,123
    Posted on 14 September 13 at 18:52
    I like the game but it seems very unresponsive for me and have died often cus of it
  • blueracer442blueracer4421,081,938
    Posted on 14 September 13 at 18:55, Edited on 14 September 13 at 18:55 by blueracer442
    I want to play this but Im so busy with other games unfortunately this will probably be put on the backburner.
    Keep it Classy TA
  • HaZiiHaLoHaZiiHaLo426,162
    Posted on 14 September 13 at 19:14
    PYRLASTER said:
    I like the game but it seems very unresponsive for me and have died often cus of it
    This happened to me in the original and remastered versions, was kinda good and bad at the same time, lol.

Although I hoped it would be 800 points, I still do not regret paying the $15 (plus tax) for this gem. I had both the NES and Gameboy versions, and this remastered version truly did not disappoint. I wish they would do this with a lot more of the older games, just re-do the graphics, but don't change a thing!
  • Posted on 14 September 13 at 19:21
    Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers next please. ive been playing Ducktails on some old gamertags and i must say my $15 was well spent. Thanks Capcom and WayForward.
  • Digg2000Digg2000267,531
    Posted on 14 September 13 at 19:49
    I'll pick this up once the price comes down. $15 is too much. I'll go $10 on a generous day.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo329,325
    Posted on 14 September 13 at 20:47
    The ratios seem to be dropping like a rock, I was hoping for something a little harder. Will give this a go someday on the cheap. Backlog > nostalgia
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • SkorpSkorp445,859
    Posted on 14 September 13 at 23:17
    This game was definitely worth the wait, loved the original game so I bought this on day of release and so glad I did. If you don't get it your really missing out on an awesome game.
    Expect the unexpected.
  • iksolokosiksolokos267,190
    Posted on 15 September 13 at 01:00
    Wowowow, I wanna play this.
    "There's only one return, and that's of the Jedi." -Randal Graves
  • BlacKnightBlacKnight52,446
    Posted on 15 September 13 at 19:12, Edited on 15 September 13 at 19:13 by BlacKnight
    this game looks really good, i heard great things from this game, but then again it is wayfoward
    speaking of which, i know you may not want to know this but hear me out, wayfoward has started a kickstarter for a new game of a franchise that they started in 2002 known as "shantae", likely you haven't heard of it but believe me, if you liked ducktails you'll certainly like shantae half genie hero, it plays like metroid/castlevania symphony of the night in a way. not only that but if your a fan of skullgirls the artist for that game is working on this as well, here is the kickstarter with the trailer included: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-..., if you can, please support this game, it is a rare gem that needs to be well aware of
  • NeoSm0keNeoSm0ke226,752
    Posted on 15 September 13 at 21:24
    Personally i'd recommend this game to everyone who used to have a NES or Gameboy with this game. It's a game that brings back all the childhood memories, as well as a bunch of nostalgic moments alltogether with new things, like the voices and conversations. No more plain txt, but actually the voices of the disney characters... And what a sweet voice they've picked for Scrooge himself... I absolutely love his accent!

As for the game, 15$ isn't too much at all! If you'd buy it, you won't regret at all!
  • Meat WisdomMeat Wisdom288,666
    Posted on 16 September 13 at 03:26
    And what a sweet voice they've picked for Scrooge himself... I absolutely love his accent!

That would be because it's his original voice actor from the show, Alan Young (who is 94 years old, BTW. And June Foray, Magica's VA, turns 96 this Wednesday).

Anyway, I thought the game was as good as I thought it would be. Only two gripes, though:

- The pogo is too unreliable. I noticed that you need to jump a certain height off the ground in order to deploy it. I nearly died against Magica because of this. And it will cancel if you land on an edge.

- My biggest gripe: the revamped climbing section at the very end is way too unforgiving. I actually had to consult a playthrough video to see what to do. Turns out I was simply just not doing it fast enough. Combining it with the unreliable pogo jump makes it even harder.

Other than that, awesome game. And if anyone from WayForward reads this, maybe a patch to fix the pogo and
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • Demo MCNDemo MCN266,300
    Posted on 16 September 13 at 08:20
    Loved the original Ducktales, so this is pretty much one of those few games i can admit to be a must buy.

Thanks for the great review.
  • Vr EnglishVr English838,976
    Posted on 17 September 13 at 09:32
    I like the review but 4 and a half stars? Phew that's high. Glad you liked it :)
  • xluekxluek121,353
    Posted on 19 September 13 at 16:57
    AH a bit of nostalgia. I would love to get this game but working on Forza Motorsports 4's Bucket List achievement has caused me to build up a decent backlog of games and other games I've been wanting to play more of. Someday though I'll get to this.
    I have a rendezvous with Death.At some disputed barricade,
  • Lord BaneJLord BaneJ269,313
    Posted on 21 September 13 at 16:18
    Great review! Coupled with the great cover artwork, I'm definitely getting the retail version. music
  • boldfoxrdboldfoxrd517,163
    Posted on 06 January 14 at 14:36
    Fantastic review. If they remake Quackshot, I hope you'll be reviewing that too :D
    rdenton85 that is my ps3 id
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads