Game Discussion: Chromehounds

SERVER TO SHUT DOWN JAN 6 2010

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 August 09 at 03:58
    This looks like as official an announcements as we would get.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=292463

If you were considering getting into Chromehounds, this'll either motivate or discourage you.
  • silencer018silencer018173,035
    Posted on 01 October 09 at 06:11
    See this is why some games should stay away from online achievements. I mean if you are going to shut down a server all it's going to do is keep people away from the game in my opinion.
  • NEO CRIMS0NNEO CRIMS0N1,216,916
    Posted on 13 October 09 at 19:35
    This game is mainly multiplayer, meaning the achievements are mainly multiplayer...the decision to shut down the servers is a complete disrespect to the achievement loving community.
  • Nv DefinesNv Defines662,917
    Posted on 19 November 09 at 13:14
    It's just Sega making Sega-grade decisions. They'll use the savings on CH servers to release a new 3D Sonic title that sells 14 copies in North America.
  • HoffmanHoffman158,808
    Posted on 20 November 09 at 05:51
    D Fineout said:
    It's just Sega making Sega-grade decisions. They'll use the savings on CH servers to release a new 3D Sonic title that sells 14 copies in North America.
    They need to, because that last one was horrific.
    I put the goo in the giggidy giggidy.
  • Taco BobTaco Bob919,287
    Posted on 20 November 09 at 07:22
    D Fineout said:
    The next Sonic game is supposedly returning to its 2D roots, so hopefully it can reclaim some of its former glory.

Back on-topic. This news makes me sad cry.
  • AbylitiesAbylities97,115
    Posted on 22 November 09 at 11:10
    D Fineout said:
    It's just Sega making Sega-grade decisions.
    Right here ^
    (Alexisonline)
  • omgeezusomgeezus2,295,465
    Posted on 23 November 09 at 00:50
    The potential for servers to be shut down is another reason I'm against online achievements.

Thank you, Chromehounds, for helping my point. Oh, but no thanks for sucking.
    [18:43:29] Aerodynamo: Zus, I miss how much you suck at life. :[
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM112,440
    Posted on 23 November 09 at 01:23
    Ack! More and more servers being shut down... They need to just stop with MP achievements.
    Check out cool games at Kongregate.com
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 November 09 at 18:54
    I can't really see anyone really getting into Chromehounds. But instead of using Sega's own servers, they could always switch to the MS matchmaking and p2p multiplayer. It would do MS good if they'd enforce that on games that have multiplayer.
  • Posted on 25 November 09 at 18:51
    Well it looks like chromehounds is gonna be joining tiger woods 06 in the games with impossible cheevs group
    Kush got me higher than a old hookers skirt
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads