Game Discussion: DJ Hero

DJ Hero

• splicegraphsplicegraph143,367
    Posted on 24 August 09 at 15:42
    I've never been interested in any of the rhythm titles, until I heard about this one. The simplified turntable looks sweet. The scratch pad will work like the strum toggle on a Guitar Hero guitar. There are three buttons for sampling. The controller also includes a cross fadder and a sound effects dial which will act like the whammy bar in Guitar Hero. Also instead of flowing the notes down a guitar neck the notes will stream along a semi-arch as in a spinning record.

music

Release date: October 27, 2009 (NA)
    http://www.djhero.com/
    ya gots ta chill /TA/ AwA / Short Bus crew / xbox360asylum.ca
  • MrFunmanMrFunman127,389
    Posted on 24 August 09 at 15:43
    It looks good, and a lot of people have said good things about it, but it doesn't interest me and I don't think it will sell very well.
    You poke a bear it kicks the shinout of you. I poke a bear it runs away cowering.
    Posted on 24 August 09 at 15:49, Edited on 24 August 09 at 15:52 by splicegraph
    Possibly not. I can't see it having mass appeal, but a small cult following.
    The in game talent looks sick: DJ Shadow, DJ Z-Trip, DJ AM, and Grandmaster Flash.
  • MykonosFanMykonosFan98,406
    Posted on 24 August 09 at 16:31
    I'm kinda interested, and kinda not. I'd like to at least give it a try, but I'm not willing to pay the price to try. If a friend gets it, I"d certainly go out of my way to see if he'd let me have a go, but I wouldn't buy it without experiencing it.

*Crosses fingers for Triangle Hero*
    http://twitter.com/redchaoschao94 Don't know why I got a Twitter, but I did.
    Posted on 24 August 09 at 17:01
    redchaoschao94 said:
    *Crosses fingers for Triangle Hero*
    It's coming out only for the PS3. lol.
  • Posted on 25 August 09 at 14:08
    We already had a forum on this back in May/June

DJ Hero Trailer Released

I like the music but I don't like the cheap little plastic turntable.
    I'm Baby Fark's McGeezak's, the Baddest Space Gangsta in the Galaxy!
    Posted on 25 August 09 at 14:57, Edited on 25 August 09 at 15:08 by splicegraph
    My bad, apologies to SebastianSB
    I did do an honest to goodness search in the Forum topics and found nothing. Wish there was a way to move these comment over to the original.

That's the end of this forum, all comments for DJ Hero refer to:
    DJ Hero Trailer Released

wave
  • Posted on 25 August 09 at 15:58, Edited on 25 August 09 at 15:59 by SpectreSubZero
    I had mentioned in a previous forum about updating the forum search tool. It can sometimes be hard or just plain tedious trying to find a particular forum

The only reason I knew about this previous thread was because I had it under "my threads"
    I'm Baby Fark's McGeezak's, the Baddest Space Gangsta in the Galaxy!
  • Posted on 31 August 09 at 10:07
    I personally shat my pants at the sound of this. Especially at the sleek black renegade edition turntable!
  • PizzerzPizzerz11,888
    Posted on 01 September 09 at 20:40
    I heard rumors about this last year and I was just like haha ya right...then I watch a pre-e3 show and they start talking about DJ Hero and even have the controller. I was in pure disbelief. Personally, I think the game looks really cool, but the only bad thing is the semi-ark noteboard. That will take some getting used to.
    FOLLOW ME!!!-Twitter.com/FlamingShroom
  • AbylitiesAbylities97,116
    Posted on 15 September 09 at 16:26
    I think this is a ridiculous idea, but I obviously can't say anything like "It's bad" without trying it. I can only imagine it will be.

And the track list is absolutely disgraceful. Do any of the developers even know a thing about turntablism? Christ.
  • zigs00zigs00217,613
    Posted on 15 September 09 at 16:50
    Abylities said:
    And the track list is absolutely disgraceful. Do any of the developers even know a thing about turntablism? Christ.
    That's the thing, it's be great if it was turntablism. It is instead all "mash-ups" which are almost universally shit.
    [05:24:18] halp plz: Nerds can grow bears || WARNING: this post may contain traces of sarcasm
  • AbylitiesAbylities97,116
    Posted on 15 September 09 at 17:15
    Concurred.
    There are a few artists that aren't terrible, but awful song choices. And they've slapped in a shit-ton of Daft Punk, despite taking no care with which songs were picked from that glorious cherry tree. Grab grab grab.

Oh there's also an achievement that states you're to complete a DJ vs DJ LOCAL match. And although it's not confirmed, it suggests you need TWO of the peripherals.
  • Ashen SeraphAshen Seraph1,138,044
    Posted on 15 September 09 at 19:22
    Most of that is probably more the fault of the producer than the developer. Activision is notorious for being really hands on during game development, often times telling the developer that "Your game will have this, this, and this, it will not have that, and here's your achievement list" straight from the get go. It would also be their job to procure licenses to use what ever songs end up in the game. The dev may only be using what they were given.
    END OF LINE
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads