Game Discussion: Defiance

So, how is this game now?

• WeisGuy9WeisGuy9776,085
    Posted on 26 April 14 at 02:37
    LifeExpectancy said:
    As soon as I pop the last achievement I am altering my "review" of this game, giving it half a star (1/10 rating) and warning people to stay away. Even if it goes free to play, which it nearly is anyway at $5 bargain bin, it is a fucking mess of a game and doesnt deserve anyone's money or time.
    Agreed.
    CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
  • OneChicago51OneChicago511,010,965
    Posted on 29 July 14 at 10:58
    Mickey Burns said:Ejecting from my car for no reason happened all the damn time the last time I played months ago. Sometimes my ride would inexplicably explode ... maybe I ran into some invisible trees and rocks.

Oh, and speaking of invisible things, invisible enemies that could shoot me but I couldn't damage in return. Also the enemies that I could put round after round into and they would never die ... and we're talking about the low level mutants right near the beginning of the game.

I stopped trying to get into major arkfalls long before I stopped playing .... crit errors on loading all the time.
    I get these all the time and it's pissing me off! I want to get the rest of the achievements done as soon as possible and be done with the game but i will not play the garbage PVP even though i have only played 5 minutes of it it was the worst 5 minutes i have ever played in 20 years. It sucks i have all the pvp achievements to do i would love to see a clan just for boosting the achievements if possible. Sessions i have joined here have not happened and seems like there are not enough people wanting to boost to get games going.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,666,343
    Posted on 29 July 14 at 18:53
    Andy UFC fan said:Mickey Burns said:Ejecting from my car for no reason happened all the damn time the last time I played months ago. Sometimes my ride would inexplicably explode ... maybe I ran into some invisible trees and rocks.

Oh, and speaking of invisible things, invisible enemies that could shoot me but I couldn't damage in return. Also the enemies that I could put round after round into and they would never die ... and we're talking about the low level mutants right near the beginning of the game.

I stopped trying to get into major arkfalls long before I stopped playing .... crit errors on loading all the time.
    I get these all the time and it's pissing me off! I want to get the rest of the achievements done as soon as possible and be done with the game but i will not play the garbage PVP even though i have only played 5 minutes of it it was the worst 5 minutes i have ever played in 20 years. It sucks i have all the pvp achievements to do i would love to see a clan just for boosting the achievements if possible. Sessions i have joined here have not happened and seems like there are not enough people wanting to boost to get games going.
    The good news is once it goes free to play and all these people that never listened to us when we said it's a shit game start playing, and then realize how shit it really is, they will be desperate to boost it so they can throw it into the sun.
  • Posted on 01 August 14 at 23:58
    Andy UFC fan said:i will not play the garbage PVP even though i have only played 5 minutes of it it was the worst 5 minutes i have ever played in 20 years. It sucks i have all the pvp achievements to do i would love to see a clan just for boosting the achievements if possible. Sessions i have joined here have not happened and seems like there are not enough people wanting to boost to get games going.The PvP in Defiance is horribly broken and unbalanced because of the random rolls on the weapons. Even if everyone agrees to take the same gun into the match, one guy could have two crit rolls and two damage rolls while the other has four reload rolls, so it's always completely tilted to whoever spent more millions of scrip buying some unicorn gun from someone else. I could never do any good in PvP until I lucked out and found some double-crit Pulsers, and even then I still get murdered by the try-hards who dumped real money into the microtransaction system for weapons and arkforge.

Also, for everyone who has tons of crit-out problems with the warmaster and the like. Trion live chat is staffed with competent and powerful people who can and will simply pop achievements for you if they can discern enough attempts from your play logs. I was making a case there a few days ago about how shitty my connection is because I lag 30-40 minutes behind as soon as the locks break and then crit out before the warmaster dies, then I see the Master of War achievement pop up out of the corner of my eye on the TV. If you've enough play time in and have tried a lot of times only to run into game problems like critting out, talk to these guys and they can and will simply give you the achievement. You do need a Glyph account to access live chat, though, but it's a small price to pay to erase the annoyance.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • Q u 4 lK eQ u 4 lK e1,412,628
    Posted on 06 October 14 at 03:01
    Reading all the negative posts, I'm quite surprised with my view of the game. Been back at it for about a week. I've probably put in 50 hours.

I have yet to get a crit. Honestly, I haven't noticed hardly anything in the glitch department. Yeah, the pop-in is still terrible, but it's a console MMO. I expect that. You can now level weapons up as your EGO goes up. You can increase the rarity once.

PvP is still dead, yeah. The same guys (Numbers, Craig Machine, Pheno, etc.) still dominate.

The monkey is still a bitch. FREEMASONS and some other people teamed up to take him on...first run, probably had 1/8th of health left. Honestly should have had it. Second time, brought even more people. Fucking Trion split it up into two COMPLETELY different arkfalls. Completely fucked up the attempt, and my only real aggravation moment so far. I'm going to give them hell on Live Chat about it, because I should have had my fucking WM achievement.
  • Posted on 06 October 14 at 04:07
    z Q u 4 K 3 z said:The monkey is still a bitch. FREEMASONS and some other people teamed up to take him on...first run, probably had 1/8th of health left. Honestly should have had it. Second time, brought even more people. Fucking Trion split it up into two COMPLETELY different arkfalls. Completely fucked up the attempt, and my only real aggravation moment so far. I'm going to give them hell on Live Chat about it, because I should have had my fucking WM achievement.Fun fact: the warmaster has 195 million health points. If everyone at the event isn't putting up a minimum of 10 million, then they are useless and wasting everyone's time.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • Q u 4 lK eQ u 4 lK e1,412,628
    Posted on 07 October 14 at 02:23
    As soon as I posted that, I've had at least 10 crits today. For the love of fucking God...right in the middle of my chim dailies. FFS TRION.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads