Game Discussion: Dante's Inferno

Are the servers going to be up for a while?

• BGnastyBGnasty477,269
    Posted on 21 October 12 at 22:37, Edited on 21 October 12 at 22:39 by BGnasty
    I snagged this game the other day.

Are the servers in any danger of being taken offline in the near future? I've heard rumors about them.

I've got a few games/achievements that I'd like to complete before I pop in Dante's Inferno.

I would like to ideally earn as many achievements as possible, get a handle on the game mechanics, and wait for the DLC to go on sale (again/if ever) before I start tackling those online ones.

My achievement hunting would prefer me to get 100% on this game, and I'd move up these achievements on my To-Do list if they would be unobtainable soon.
  • Team BissetTeam Bisset1,282,713
    Posted on 22 October 12 at 10:29
    Never heard anything of the servers going offline but if it was be careful as waiting for a dlc will take a long time then the multiplayer achievements can take weeks if your unlucky. Took me two weeks to finish my last co op arena as the players were not good enough
  • Posted on 22 October 12 at 12:10
    The retail game itself is entirely single player. You can play/beat it on the easiest difficulty if you want and get all the achievements. Though regardless it will take you about 1 1/2 playthroughs to get enough souls to max out both sides of the skill tree.

The DLC is completely online though. And I have never seen it go on sale (though I may be wrong). And for the most part the DLC achievements are easy to get, except one of them. The achievement for beating all the EA Trials. Their are a few that are "challenging" to complete and just downright long as hell. Plus of the 40 that you need to complete, 15 of them are Co-Op trials. So you need an online partner for those and unfortunately the online for this game is somewhat dead, so I doubt without setting up some gaming sessions that you will find someone to play them with.

The EA Trials is the only achievement I have left and I gave up on getting it as I got really bored and frustrated with them. The main game itself though, if you follow a guide for the collectibles, should take you about 8-12 hours to 1000 point.
  • Team BissetTeam Bisset1,282,713
    Posted on 22 October 12 at 23:01
    it has been on sale once when i picked it up like a year ago been ages
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic578,861
    Posted on 23 October 12 at 22:37
    Team Bisset said:
    it has been on sale once when i picked it up like a year ago been ages
    Dark Forest pack was on sale back in July of '11. Other than that, no, it doesn't look like the DLC has been on sale ever. This pack is, iirc, offline. It only takes like 5-10 minutes to do though. It's a really pointless DLC.

The Trials of St. Lucia though, that's another case entirely. A horrible, horrible piece of DLC. If you are thinking about doing it, I would do it sooner rather than later. It is, after all, an almost 3 year old game. I wouldn't expect EA to keep those servers up very much longer. And yes, Unfcnbleevibl has the right of it. The trials are long, boring, and grossly overpowered against the player.
  • TrueAsterothTrueAsteroth172,980
    Posted on 04 November 12 at 19:50
    Well I've got the cheevo so I can say few things. There are two single player trials with infinite number of lives but don't be fooled they are cheap as hell, you will die a lot. Gates of Hell 2 has 100 waves on enemies and is long as hell but easy. Pray to God you won't be disconnected from EA servers. Then there's Rage (last sp trial) it's pain, but only in Accre arena rest is stupid simple. In co-op trials Ascension is only one that's will make you cry as I remember good, rest of them will be destroyed by two good players.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,971,816
    Posted on 05 November 12 at 01:25
    Only missing one cheevo o. This game, the ea trials if I remember right. Anyone down for it?
  • Thief44Thief44727,107
    Posted on 22 November 12 at 05:26
    I need it pm me if your still needing it im just starting the dlc
    Thief44
  • Posted on 11 December 12 at 20:05
    I hope so. I'm still waiting for a price reduction on the two DLC's.
    This world would be a much better place if there wasn't so many ignorant people in it.
  • Posted on 11 December 12 at 20:17
    XBL Prophet said:
    I doubt that will ever happen.
  • Posted on 13 December 12 at 00:36
    Unfcnbleevibl said:
    XBL Prophet said:
    I doubt that will ever happen.
    Opinions vary. clapdancelaugh
    Why must people cry when certain rules aren't followed in the Random Chat forums?
  • count023count0231,023,295
    Posted on 13 December 12 at 00:37
    Supposedly the Dante's inferno is using the main XBL servers, not the EA ones, so it theoretically will be up as long as live is.

As for price reductions, only Dark's has been on sale.... ONCE. I've been waiting for Trial's for years and it has never gone on sale once.
  • Posted on 28 June 13 at 12:40
    count023 said:
    Supposedly the Dante's inferno is using the main XBL servers, not the EA ones, so it theoretically will be up as long as live is.

As for price reductions, only Dark's has been on sale.... ONCE. I've been waiting for Trial's for years and it has never gone on sale once.
    Glad to know that XBL could be handling everything on the server side for this game. I wonder if there's a way to verify?

Yeah...it stinks - I've only noticed one part of the DLC has been on sale. If it doesn't go on sale before XB1 comes out, I doubt it ever will.
    Rollus Tidus
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads