Game Discussion: Age of Empires Online (GFWL)

Free achievement buildings

• LoneSt4r1836LoneSt4r1836669,224
    Posted on 08 March 14 at 14:37, Edited on 08 March 14 at 15:10 by LoneSt4r1836
    Mycenae - repeatable quest for delphi limestone (opened this area with my Greek civ)
    Nubian Expedition - repeatable quest for giza limestone (opened area with Egyptians)
    Argos - daily quest for mosaic tile
    Cyprus - general store here sells concrete blocks and ebony planks

The rest like gemstones and precision tools can be crafted if you luck out and get a recipe drop but I have yet to get a drop for them and instead got the materials themselves from chest drops. Obviously you can trade for everything as well, but I never had to and got everything (but the giza limestone) while playing the Greek missions and then the skirmish booster pack with my level 40 Greeks.
  • NomstuffNomstuff957,883
    Posted on 08 March 14 at 16:04, Edited on 08 March 14 at 16:04 by Nomstuff
    I got mine within 24 hours of sending off my ticket
  • That505GuyThat505Guy330,661 330,661 GamerScore
    Posted on 08 March 14 at 19:09
    I dobt understand why im not getting them... its been 4 days since ive replied to the automated email and got another telling me that they got my message... I just dont understand why they wont get back to me but you guys all get it within a day lol
    -That505Guy
  • Zonrith1Zonrith1671,262
    Posted on 08 March 14 at 19:15
    My wait is over 24 hours as well. I was getting the automated email, but not an auto-reply to my response to the automated email. I changed to using my Gmail account, and then did get the 2nd auto-response, but I've not had anything come of it yet. That was yesterday, and so I wonder if they don't have anyone checking the system during the weekend. I'll see if I have a follow-up on Monday, and if so I'll post here.
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m32,114,361
    Posted on 09 March 14 at 10:14
    CrAzEdCaNuCk18 said:
    Would love to try and finish this game and grab the prints but GFWL will not start for me, keeps saying that it can not connect although I had it running perfectly before.angry

Any idea how long I have before this offer expires that I can find a solution?
    Had the same problem, find the correct AoE file on your pc and copy this file to your desktop. Then launch AoE from there instead of from GFWL. ( only works if you already had AoE installed)
  • IanuvanIanuvan747,891
    Posted on 09 March 14 at 11:18
    Just for info, I used the link in here rather than the one in the forum post and got a reply straight away. Just replied to it so not sure how long the next stage takes
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,987,326
    Posted on 09 March 14 at 15:20
    If anyone wants to do co-op, I need that achievement. Also looking for materials to build these.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • misfit119misfit1191,179,210
    Posted on 11 March 14 at 08:28
    Has anyone gotten these since the forum post went up here? I've waited about a week since I submitted, got the reply, replied and then got the reply to my reply. Nothing doing since.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
    Posted on 11 March 14 at 13:40, Edited on 11 March 14 at 23:15 by Zonrith1
    I re-filed a ticket yesterday (since they indicate 24 hours for a response), then saw they'd noted in the thread that the 24 hours was only Monday-Friday (no surprise there) but also that they were behind due to all the tickets being submitted for blueprints.

I have no idea if my new ticket puts me at the back again or what. My earliest submission that I know went through (via the auto-replies) was March 7th. I haven't had a non-automated response yet. Given my March 10th refresh, I think I will hold off on trying to follow up until this Friday. Maybe they'll give a better estimate as to how far behind they are in their forums, too.

Edit: I received an email just under an hour ago stating that I have been sent the blueprints. I am at work so I cannot verify in-game, but it is a custom response in email. They did respond to my latest ticket (I changed the subject slightly with each version I submitted so I could track which ones worked), which was provided about 21 hours prior, but I don't know if my place in queue was impacted by my earlier tickets or not.

Edit #2: I did receive all the blueprints I requested. Actually, I received them twice. Back on March 5th I sent a submission using a different email account. I got the notice for sending in a ticket but not the auto-reply to my response to the message, so I switched over to my Gmail account (which got both notifications). I also had my non-Gmail request filled, so I ended up with everything twice. redface

But that request was about 6 days old, so they seem to be quite behind.
  • Posted on 12 March 14 at 02:16
    I asked last Friday and got the blueprints late Tuesday.
  • LoonieleeLoonielee770,120
    Posted on 12 March 14 at 05:18, Edited on 12 March 14 at 05:19 by Loonielee
    I asked for mine Friday and got them Monday.

Bear in mind that some of them only work with specific civs. Don't open them all with your main. You can't switch them once they are downloaded.

I accidentally did that and couldn't use the Celt or Egypt ones. facepalm
    I sent them a message and got them again, but they said they wouldn't be able to do that with everyone as they have such a backlog.
    I imagine they have had quite a few requests.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 March 14 at 05:59
    i recieved mine after 5 days, they did send it to the wrong server, but atleast i got them.
    Sooo Keen!!
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen769,646
    Posted on 12 March 14 at 16:48
    Sent one Friday, one Monday. Got the auto response both times and replied. No prints yet, but encouraging that some of you got wind of them having a backlog of gamers to attend to. I'll wait before submitting another ticket.
    Deep into that darkness peering.. Long I stood there.. wondering..fearing.. doubting..
    Posted on 12 March 14 at 16:54, Edited on 12 March 14 at 17:06 by misfit119
    Thanks for the update to my question guys. I actually got an e-mail when I woke up earlier this morning that I had them. So score!

Loonielee said:
    Bear in mind that some of them only work with specific civs. Don't open them all with your main. You can't switch them once they are downloaded..
    Wait, really? Crap. I can't use the internet and play AoE at the same time... anyone have / know of a site with a list of buildings that go with each Civ so I can have that on my phone while using these?
  • MightyDrewMightyDrew362,710
    Posted on 12 March 14 at 17:06
    Can anyone confirm if they are handing stuff to complete the Defense of Crete DLC??
    Posted on 12 March 14 at 18:04, Edited on 12 March 14 at 22:15 by Zonrith1
    misfit119 said:
    anyone have / know of a site with a list of buildings that go with each Civ so I can have that on my phone while using these?
    I just jotted down a list when I was sorting my mailbox of goodies. I'll provide it here:

Any Civ
    Sphinx
    Tomb
    Library of Pergamum
    Spartan Academy
    Hubris of Icarus
    Shrine of the Bound Minotaur
    Temple of Minos

Greeks Only
    Trojan Horse

Egyptians Only
    Large Pyramid
    Large Step Pyramid
    Small Step Pyramid

Celts Only
    Crossing the Alps
    Thracian Horseman
    Wickerboar

If you mouse over the item in your mailbox to see its stats you should see the warning if it is something the Civ you signed in as cannot use. I did that on everything to be cautious.

MightyDrew said:
    Can anyone confirm if they are handing stuff to complete the Defense of Crete DLC??
    Only the plans. I've seen one person report that they did get some of the construction materials gifted, but the official policy is they are only giving blueprints and not any materials for construction.

http://www.ageofempires.com/Forums/yaf_postsm10387_Age-of-Em...

I dropped a hint in my request (a "I know you aren't giving out materials, but thanks for helping with the blueprints" sort of statement), but it didn't work for me.
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m32,114,361
    Posted on 12 March 14 at 21:13
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    Posted on 12 March 14 at 21:44
    Zonrith1 said:
    I just jotted down a list when I was sorting my mailbox of goodies. I'll provide it here:
    Thanks! It's greatly appreciated.
  • Manifest95Manifest95426,720
    Posted on 12 March 14 at 23:03
    I just got my blueprints and I submitted a ticket a week ago. Like Das said, there is probably a lot of people requesting now so they will get to you eventually. Now to figure out how the hell to play this game!
  • D1SCOD1SCO594,789
    Posted on 13 March 14 at 12:33
    I just got sent these for the second time without asking again, which is amusing because I accidentally redeemed them all on my Greeks the first time.

It does seem like they have a very large backlog of tickets to work through.

P.S. Don't be dumb like me - make sure you hover your mouse over each item before you click on it and it will say if you can't use it with that civ.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads