Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three LotR: War in the North Trailers Released

• MatrarchMatrarch1,739,981
    Posted on 24 October 11 at 16:18
    Will you be human, elf, or dwarf?

One of the key features of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Snowblind Studios' upcoming title, Lord of the Rings: War in the North, is the three characters from which you can choose to play. Will you take the role of Farin, the dwarf Champion? How about Andriel, the elf Lore-master or Eredan, the human Ranger? Still not sure which one you'd choose?

Warner Bros. understands the choice may be difficult, so they've released three character-specific vignettes detailing the abilities and innate characteristics of each race. The below videos also show off the navigation of each character's skill tree, so you can get a taste of what each one is capable of doing.

Farin, the dwarf
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUQZoZAVSv8
    Andriel, the elf
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3pvnaPuGg8
    Eredan, the human
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4JSbw8iiaQ

You can see these three characters working together by checking out the co-op trailer over here.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North will be available on November 1st in North America, November 3rd in Australia, and November 4th in the majority of Europe, meaning most of you only have about a week to get in on the game's retailer-specific pre-order bonuses. Unfortunately, however, the UK version of the game has been pushed back to November 25th, so you folks have to wait just a little longer before forming your Fellowship.
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64319,561
    Posted on 24 October 11 at 16:22
    didn't watch the videos (can't right now) but i am sure i'll play the worf :D
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Posted on 24 October 11 at 16:29
    Looks better than i thought, Dwarfs all the way! if only i could change his name to Gimli
    accelerate, flip, restart, accelerate, flip, restart, accelerate, flip, restart... TRIALS HD ROCKS!
  • boydo1990boydo19901,232,896
    Posted on 24 October 11 at 16:51
    iBrotherVonDoom said:
    Looks better than i thought, Dwarfs all the way! if only i could change his name to Gimli
    or Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, Happy, Bashful and Grumpy
    BOYDO
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,541,128
    Posted on 24 October 11 at 16:57
    boydo1990 said:
    iBrotherVonDoom said:
    or Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, Happy, Bashful and Grumpy
    You beat me to it!
  • goldenramothgoldenramoth167,566
    Posted on 24 October 11 at 17:05
    I'm always an elf. Or else a human. Something about dwarves.. idk. I respect those that play them, I just can't do it myself.
  • Posted on 24 October 11 at 17:10
    goldenramoth said:
    I'm always an elf. Or else a human. Something about dwarves.. idk. I respect those that play them, I just can't do it myself.
    Same boat here. Wasn't sure if this game was in the cards for me or not but I think it is going to have to me. So much fantasy goodness I want before this one but there is no such thing as too much right!? smile
    I aim to misbehave!
  • TTV PURRHATETTV PURRHATE609,740
    Posted on 24 October 11 at 18:31
    This game looks exactly like an action-RPG should. The combat looks smooth and intense, and the skills and stats look deep, full of solid RPG-components. Definitely picking this up before the end of the year.
  • o0 JdogJ 0oo0 JdogJ 0o183,018
    Posted on 24 October 11 at 19:08
    REBORN GAIDIN said:
    goldenramoth said:
    Same boat here. Wasn't sure if this game was in the cards for me or not but I think it is going to have to me. So much fantasy goodness I want before this one but there is no such thing as too much right!? smile
    Dwarves are the best race in lots of these type of games i.e dragon age, lotr and may other fantasy games, never can beat a good dwarve, or dwarve throwing
    you have just read pure awesomeness.
  • Posted on 24 October 11 at 22:12
    I hope this game turns out well
  • Posted on 24 October 11 at 22:15
    Definitely will be an elf.
    And be distance.

Just seems fitting!
  • James Lees123James Lees1232,050,971
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 02:42
    For once I'm happy this got pushed back meaning I can get it the day it's released unlike previously :D
    James Lees
  • Posted on 30 October 11 at 17:35
    Looking forward to this
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads