Game Discussion: Sonic Adventure

How buggy are the dlc achievements?

• AwakeDeadeyeAwakeDeadeye461,946
    Posted on 23 December 12 at 13:35
    I was planning on picking this game up along with it's dlc and was wondering how buggy the dlc achievements actually are, I've heard some things and I dont want to buy this if there's a good chance I won't be able to complete it.
  • LockAndLukeLockAndLuke450,526
    Posted on 23 December 12 at 17:42
    I've heard about some people having problems, but I never came across any at all.
    No matter how bad things get, we'll never stop planting the flowers.
  • Draxal 360Draxal 360237,978
    Posted on 24 December 12 at 12:12
    I haven't had any problems with the DLC content but my brother had a problem with the main game not giving him a character completion achievement. It fixed for him by just completing the game again though.
  • R3NEG4D3R3NEG4D3757,885
    Posted on 08 May 13 at 16:49, Edited on 08 May 13 at 17:24 by R3NEG4D3
    Apparently if the game is 1.6g in size when you check your hard drive then you've got the broken version of the game, which will lock you out of the DX DLC achievements. Supposedly in December of 2011 there was another version of the game released, which fixed this problem. This version of the game was 1.50g in size and it is the working version of the game that allowed you to unlock the DX DLC achievements.

I recently bought the game and when I went to download it, it said it was 1.50g in size, but when I checked my storage it was 1.6g in size. This means the buggy version of the game is somehow back up available for purchase, which it shouldn't be. I keep checking every week to see if the correct version is available for download, but it is always the 1.6g version once it downloads. So, apparently if you check your storage and see 1.6g then you have no chance of unlocking the DX DLC achievements.

Kinda sucks they fucked up and put the buggy version of the game back up for download. I purchased both the game and DX DLC and normally I don't give a shit about glitched achievements because I have so many of them on my card already. But, because they did release a working game at one point (in 2011), I'm hoping the fixed version of the game somehow makes it back into the marketplace for download. From what I understand from the thread I observed on 360.org, if your file size says 1.6g then you won't be able to unlock DX DLC achievements, until the 1.5g version is back.

If anybody has any info relating to this (info such as you have the 1.6g version, but still unlocked the DX DLC achievements) then let me know. Thanks

Here is the threads relating to the issue:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30...
    "I've seen enough horror movies to know any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly"
  • AwakeDeadeyeAwakeDeadeye461,946
    Posted on 15 May 13 at 01:25
    Oh, well now that's a nice detailed summary of the issue. I'm pretty sure there's a disc version with two other games but I'm not sure, and if there is I'm not sure whether or not it's the broken one so maybe I'll check into that.
  • Galuda WingsGaluda Wings496,653
    Posted on 20 April 15 at 09:39
    actually AwakeDeadeye its been confirmed that the disc version of the game is the 1.6gb version.
  • Posted on 19 August 16 at 06:42
    Is there any solution to this? I just ran into this problem :(
  • HermitXBHermitXB142,230
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 06:46
    StingrayPlasma said:
    How ? The problem doesn't exist anymore, it's been fixed. The download from the Marketplace is the 1.5gb one.

The only way you can run into this problem now is if you have the Dreamcast Collection disc. That thing is never getting fixed.
  • magmashark20magmashark20590,818
    Posted on 02 March 17 at 23:09
    TurtleHermit0 said:
    StingrayPlasma said:
    How ? The problem doesn't exist anymore, it's been fixed. The download from the Marketplace is the 1.5gb one.

The only way you can run into this problem now is if you have the Dreamcast Collection disc. That thing is never getting fixed.
    I've run into this problem recently too because I had the game installed since 2012 and I believe it was the bugged 1.6 version. None of the DX acheevos pop for me
    -Jeff
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads