TrueAchievements App

Forum for discussing everything about the TrueAchievements Xbox One app.

[Logged] Can't read long solution - Cant select solution text box ~ sometimes

• TanukiVTanukiV668,697
    Posted on 29 October 14 at 16:25, Edited on 13 April 15 at 22:18 by CriticalRespawn
    I snap TA app and view a long solution. It appears there is no scrolling support when snapped

Spilner edit: To clarify, you cant move if you snap the game and open a solution when previously snapped but you can if you snap a solution from full screen.

Related : Text box issue
  • TanukiVTanukiV668,697
    Posted on 29 October 14 at 16:29, Edited on 29 October 14 at 16:36 by TanukiV
    By the way, is there a way to read the comments too? I know it would be easy to browse on a laptop or a phone, however with the convenience of a snapped app that would be great
  • TanukiVTanukiV668,697
    Posted on 29 October 14 at 16:32
    FYI I was looking at Solution for "The Enemy of my Friend" by LukeyBaby93 for Halo Spartan Assault (Xbox One)
  • KonadorKonador488,273
    Posted on 29 October 14 at 19:30
    You have to select the text of the solution by pressing A and then you can scroll. I think it should scroll by default using the RS... Same with news stories
    -Ben
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,337
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 03:51
    Konador said:You have to select the text of the solution by pressing A and then you can scroll. I think it should scroll by default using the RS... Same with news storiesThis is correct, you need to highlight the solution's text window (you'll see a white box around the text area) and press cn_A you can then scroll with the left stick
    I speak for me, the site speaks for itself
  • Information
    Posted on 30 October 14 at 12:32
    This post was archived by Spilner
  • TanukiVTanukiV668,697
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 05:41
    I could not highlight the solution's text window. There are two solutions for for "The Enemy of my Friend", and once I view a solution, there are only 4 buttons to navigate: up vote, down vote, previous solution, next solution. I just can't highlight the solution itself. Button B of course function like a Back button, and RS won't scroll
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 10:34
    TanukiV said:I could not highlight the solution's text window. There are two solutions for for "The Enemy of my Friend", and once I view a solution, there are only 4 buttons to navigate: up vote, down vote, previous solution, next solution. I just can't highlight the solution itself. Button B of course function like a Back button, and RS won't scrollIve not played that game so I cant exactly compare but with both that achievement snapped and an achievement in a game ive played snapped I can still navigate down from the voting options with the cn_LS to the solution text and then press cn_A to select it and use the cn_LS to scroll, not cn_RS
  • TanukiVTanukiV668,697
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 11:12
    i will compare a game we both have that includes a long solution and report here.

cn_LS is so obvious here which i only can use to navigate among the up vote, down vote, previous solution and next solution; nothing else, so i did not mention it
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 11:18
    TanukiV said:i will compare a game we both have that includes a long solution and report here.

cn_LS is so obvious here which i only can use to navigate among the up vote, down vote, previous solution and next solution; nothing else, so i did not mention it
    You cant navigate down to the text at all?
  • TanukiVTanukiV668,697
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 12:21
    Nah, not at all
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 12:26
    TanukiV said:Nah, not at allDon't suppose you can take a picture of the screen?
  • TanukiVTanukiV668,697
    Posted on 31 October 14 at 13:23
    I'll post a screenshot when i am back
  • TanukiVTanukiV668,697
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 10:45
    I choose an achievement "Death from above" from "Crimson Dragon", a game we both have and here is how it looks like. I can only navigate using cn_LS for up vote and down vote, nothing else

http://i.imgur.com/KbLndQ6.jpg
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 10:54, Edited on 01 November 14 at 11:04 by Spilner
    TanukiV said:I choose an achievement "Death from above" from "Crimson Dragon", a game we both have and here is how it looks like. I can only navigate using cn_LS for up vote and down vote, nothing else

http://i.imgur.com/KbLndQ6.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/UJDgQDv.jpg O.o can you move anywhere else other than the two voting options?

At what point are you snapping?

Edit: Aha! you cant move if you snap the game and open a solution when previously snapped.
    Edit2: And yet I just did the same with My Robot Army in Titanfall (Xbox One) and can, differences there are:
    Ive won achievement
    Has video
    Other solutions (though so did the example in the original report)

Edit3: Tested each variable and I don't think its button related, its random headspin
  • Information
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 10:55
    This post was unarchived by Spilner
  • TanukiVTanukiV668,697
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 11:08, Edited on 01 November 14 at 11:08 by TanukiV
    so I assumed this is still a bug then, with its randomness facepalm
    Posted on 01 November 14 at 11:13
    Yup sorry! Got there in the end though, can get around it by opening the solution in full screen and then snapping for now though
  • ethanolicethanolic86,477
    Posted on 04 December 14 at 23:53, Edited on 05 December 14 at 00:00 by Spilner
    This problem has always impacted me. Love TA, hate not being able to scroll.

Oh. And reading comments to solutions or article would be great!
    Posted on 05 December 14 at 00:00
    ethanolic said:This problem has always impacted me. Love TA, hate not being able to scroll.There is a work around in the OP.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads