Game Discussion: Murdered: Soul Suspect

Glitchy Achievements

• Posted on 01 August 14 at 22:36, Edited on 02 August 14 at 23:50 by Iceberg082006
    a few of my achievements have not unlocked, anybody else have that happen?

all these didnt unlock for me:

Murdered: Soul SuspectSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 25 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Murdered: Soul SuspectA Watery GraveThe A Watery Grave achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 28 pointsDiscover this ghost story

Murdered: Soul SuspectScornedThe Scorned achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 28 pointsHelp Katy resolve her unfinished business

Murdered: Soul SuspectRonan's StoryThe Ronan's Story achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 18 pointsCollect all of Ronan's artifacts

Murdered: Soul SuspectRex's StoryThe Rex's Story achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 14 pointsCollect all of Rex's artifacts
    Iceberg Right Ahead
  • Posted on 02 August 14 at 05:00
    I am currently having this issue with unmissable achievements. Has something to do with the syncing of achievements.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm642,434
    Posted on 02 August 14 at 14:26
    I didn't have any problem with the achievements unlocking but, for most of them, I did not get the notification that I had unlocked an achievement. I would fulfill the conditions for the achievement but it would not 'pop' with a notification. However, whenever I checked my achievements, I found out that I had been given credit for the achievement.

BTW, I did enjoy the game.
  • Posted on 02 August 14 at 17:58
    Allgorhythm said:I didn't have any problem with the achievements unlocking but, for most of them, I did not get the notification that I had unlocked an achievement. I would fulfill the conditions for the achievement but it would not 'pop' with a notification. However, whenever I checked my achievements, I found out that I had been given credit for the achievement.

BTW, I did enjoy the game.
    well on here it says i completed the things needed for the achievements to 100% but the achievement didnt unlock
    Iceberg Right Ahead
  • Posted on 02 August 14 at 18:07, Edited on 02 August 14 at 18:21 by Iceberg082006
    oh add this to the list one achievements that didnt unlock:

Murdered: Soul SuspectSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 32 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

EDIT: this one

Murdered: Soul SuspectInterrogatorThe Interrogator achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 10 pointsInterrogate a ghost for the first time

just unlocked after doing it again to someone later in the game
    Iceberg Right Ahead
    Posted on 02 August 14 at 18:28
    I had heard a couple of months ago that there were achievement glitches with a number of games while maintenance was being done on Xbox Live. There was, however, an alert on the Support site at the time and there is not one now.

My first recommendation would be to wait a couple of days--starting up the game to get it to synch but not advance it. If the achievements do not show up after that, I would try to replay the portion of the game that would get you the easiest of your missing achievements. If that works, then you can go after the others making sure you have a save file just before the achievement is supposed to pop. Small consolation, but at least it's a fairly short game.

The worst scenario, as has happened to me with some 360 games, is that the game thinks the achievement was awarded but, in fact, it was not unlocked. In such a case, you may not be able to go back to a save file before the achievement conditions were met but you have to start the game all over again.
    Posted on 02 August 14 at 18:34
    Iceberg082006 said:
    oh add this to the list one achievements that didnt unlock:

Murdered: Soul SuspectSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 32 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

EDIT: this one

Murdered: Soul SuspectInterrogatorThe Interrogator achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 10 pointsInterrogate a ghost for the first time

just unlocked after doing it again to someone later in the game
    This is actually news. The fact that Ghost Interrogator unlocked at a second opportunity means the game understands the achievements were not awarded. This means, most likely, that you will not have to play the game over again. You can simply load a save file before the achievement conditions were met and try again. If at all possible, try to do something a little different so it's less likely to duplicate something that may have caused the game to glitch.
  • Posted on 02 August 14 at 22:25, Edited on 02 August 14 at 22:26 by Convicted Greed
    Yeah I can confirm that the achievements that did not unlock after I did them unlocked when I restarted the game on a new game and redid them. Its annoying but at least its an easy game.
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 00:30, Edited on 03 August 14 at 00:31 by Iceberg082006
    here is an update on achievements still glitched for me by the time i got to the

Murdered: Soul SuspectSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 25 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Murdered: Soul SuspectA Watery GraveThe A Watery Grave achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 28 pointsDiscover this ghost story

Murdered: Soul SuspectScornedThe Scorned achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 28 pointsHelp Katy resolve her unfinished business

Murdered: Soul SuspectRonan's StoryThe Ronan's Story achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 18 pointsCollect all of Ronan's artifacts

Murdered: Soul SuspectRex's StoryThe Rex's Story achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 14 pointsCollect all of Rex's artifacts

Murdered: Soul SuspectThe Stalwart SpecterThe The Stalwart Specter achievement in Murdered: Soul Suspect worth 34 pointsDiscover this ghost story

Iceberg Right Ahead
    Posted on 03 August 14 at 01:51
    This would really irk me. I've come across glitched achievements before but never in that quantity.
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 02:14, Edited on 03 August 14 at 02:55 by Iceberg082006
    well after finishing the main game that was the final list, got everything else

EDIT:

unlocked beginning of second playthrough
    Iceberg Right Ahead
    Posted on 03 August 14 at 12:52
    Iceberg082006 said:
    well after finishing the main game that was the final list, got everything else

EDIT:

unlocked beginning of second playthrough
    I found it a short, interesting game. I wouldn't mind playing through it just for the fun of it. It would be interesting playing the game knowing the plot twist at the end.
  • Posted on 03 August 14 at 13:25
    Yup fun game
    Iceberg Right Ahead
  • SPOOKYVILLESPOOKYVILLE1,507,948
    Posted on 04 August 14 at 01:34
    just noticed this and got 7 or 8 glitched on me and not finished it yet. :(
  • Posted on 04 August 14 at 02:26
    Yea, this game is 0% glitchy, and everything works perfectly fine. Can be completed in 3 hours of game time.

The glitchy achievements that you have are due to Xbox Live being glitchy at the moment. To see when it is fixed, go to xbox.com/support and look at the status there.
  • SPOOKYVILLESPOOKYVILLE1,507,948
    Posted on 04 August 14 at 12:16
    17 glitched in total and its the only game affected for me if xbox live is glitchy. Other XB1 games and also 360 games have popped any earned achievements without issue.
  • Posted on 04 August 14 at 21:45
    Exalted Entity said:Yea, this game is 0% glitchy, and everything works perfectly fine. Can be completed in 3 hours of game time.

The glitchy achievements that you have are due to Xbox Live being glitchy at the moment. To see when it is fixed, go to xbox.com/support and look at the status there.
    even when that page has showed that there should be NO PROBLEMS, achievements would still NOT UNLOCK. in fact i would even go back and try for them again and they still wouldnt unlock. so yes they are glitchy
    Iceberg Right Ahead
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads