The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Windows Phone 7 DotW: July 18th, 2012

• litepinklitepink306,925
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:24
    Stealthy Tom Clancy action on sale this week

This title from the Must Have Games 2012 promotion is featured as Deal of the Week for the very first time. The marketplace might not have been updated with the discounted price yet, so please confirm before purchasing.

https://www.trueachievements.com/Splinter-Cell-5-xbox-3....htm - $4.99 / £3.99 $2.99 / £2.29
    The benchmark of action stealth games on console is available for the first time on W7 phones.
    **Slide to play: “Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction looks and plays great, and it's rare that we see such a sophisticated stealth game on this platform.”
    Unleash the ferocious skills of renegade agent Sam Fisher.
    Play as Sam Fisher, a highly skilled Special Forces operative and fight a corrupted secret agency to get your daughter back. Follow a trail of intrigue that leads from Iraq to a high-security building in Washington. Run, jump, fight, and shoot using a handgun, shotgun, AK47 and bazooka, or maintain stealth by improvising with nearby objects. You are now a renegade spy agent; you don't follow any orders except for your own rules of engagement!
    ASTONISHING ENVIRONMENTS AND GRAPHICS
    - Go through 11 levels set in 8 different locations from Malta to the White House.
    - Discover an exclusive level on the banks of the Potomac River.
    - Experience fully polished 3D graphics with an amazing depth of view.
    ADVANCED STEALTH GAMEPLAY
    - The Mark & Execute feature allows you to mark multiple targets then quickly eliminate them all at once.
    - The Last Known Position indicates where your enemies think you are, allowing you to outflank and eliminate them.
    - Get behind enemies without being noticed and kill them in one hit!
    - Projected texts inform you of objectives and guide you through the level.
    - Get Sam behind cover to hide and dodge enemy fire.
    CONSTANT ACTION THROUGHOUT THE GAME
    - Beat your opponents in stunning hand-to-hand combat and interrogate enemies to get crucial information.
    - Experience a frantic rail-shooting sequence on a speeding boat.
    - Use a wide range of weapons and gadgets to get rid of your enemies. Pistols, sonar goggles and camera grenades are at your disposal!
    https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/008768.jpg

External link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/47de0de6-c5c4-43d2-a3...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:26
    I'm confused, is that dodgy thingy supposed to be a link to the game? I don't use mobiles and have no idea of things, u shocked bros?
    Hi i'm Terre. I break things.
  • DaShAgDaShAg254,119
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:28, Edited on 18 July 12 at 20:28 by DaShAg
    TerreDactyl said:
    I'm confused, is that dodgy thingy supposed to be a link to the game? I don't use mobiles and have no idea of things, u shocked bros?
    You have to print it out, put it in an envelope then send it to MS. They will then send you back a scratch card, the code that will be revealed needs to be entered on xbox.com, after that you have to reboot your cellphone and the game should download. Good luck !
  • Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:30
    DaShAg said:
    TerreDactyl said:
    You have to print it out, put it in an envelope then send it to MS. They will then send you back a scratch card, the code that will be revealed needs to be entered on xbox.com, after that you have to reboot your cellphone and the game should download. Good luck !
    haha actually that isn't true. On some phones, you can take a picture of this and it will take you right to the download link.
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,718,096
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:31
    DaShAg said:
    TerreDactyl said:
    You liar:O You need to grab a brush and some black paint and exacly paint it on a A1 paper. Then light it on fire and from the ashes you will get a little something you can put in your phone and you're ready to play.
  • Officer ZeroOfficer Zero1,157,094
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:32
    DaShAg said:
    That was outstanding. Bravo, sir.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator230,004
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:33
    TerreDactyl said:
    Its called QR code. Its been used more and more lately, even by food stores. It have been common on Android for a long time thou.
  • Manifest95Manifest95426,669
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:44
    DaShAg said:
    TerreDactyl said:
    Holy crap, that was the best thing I read in a while! It would be awesome if everyone just went with the flow and he actually did it, but of course TA members always have to help other out. Damn you nice people!
  • gunherogunhero542,551
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:47
    DaShAg said:
    TerreDactyl said:
    clapclapclap
  • Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:49
    As soon as it stops saying 4.99 on the damn marketplace I shall purchase it.
  • Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:54
    Teh Paralyzer said:
    me too. its taking awhile to update.
  • PiratonioPiratonio138,662
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 20:59
    Ki11erLawnGnome said:
    Teh Paralyzer said:
    something that works for me (from time to time) is rebooting the phone... when i see no price update, i just turn it off, and then on... and then i get the correct pricing...

havent tried it, cause im not interested in the game though...
    Donde estan mis pantalones?
  • Posted on 18 July 12 at 21:04
    Looks like Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (WP) is the last Must Have Game to be in line for a sale/discount. I expect that we see it by the end of August. Will definitely check out splinter cell.
  • wbswbs992,687
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 21:20
    I'm still seeing $5 as well but oh well I'll wait I am at work and I will probably have to hook this up to my computer to get it to download.
  • BeachemBeachem653,650
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 21:37
    I haven't heard good things about this game. Don't know if I should download it or not.
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • JDA27JDA271,272,147
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 21:48
    Still full price. Ah well, I think I will get it - will give me something to play while my car is MoT'd on Saturday. :)
  • Ironed GoatIroned Goat838,195
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 21:54
    I completed this game on release. Horrible controls!
    MY TA interview -http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=941741&anchor=946755
  • Posted on 18 July 12 at 21:59
    so the ratio isn't too high. has anyone completed this and think it's a decently easy game to complete?
  • Posted on 18 July 12 at 22:36
    I've printed out the page and put it in an envelope but, I don't have the mailing address. Could someone let me know what it is, please?

How long do they take to mail the code? It's just, this deal is only on for a week and I'm fairly interested in taking up the offer.

I'm quite surprised at the new way they are doing this though, I thought they had a good system going where you could just buy it straight from the phone. I guess there have been some issues and they've had to resort to this for the time being. I hope it gets fixed soon!
  • NUROK HOWLERNUROK HOWLER1,867,375
    Posted on 18 July 12 at 23:07
    Piratonio said:
    Ki11erLawnGnome said:
    Teh Paralyzer said:
    something that works for me (from time to time) is rebooting the phone... when i see no price update, i just turn it off, and then on... and then i get the correct pricing...

havent tried it, cause im not interested in the game though...
    no luck with that just going to have to wait
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads