Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Volunteer to port a walkthrough

• MC0REBEMC0REBE628,414
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 14:14, Edited on 23 August 23 at 10:23 by ManicMetalhead
    Good morning, afternoon or evening to all!

After some heavy discussions with my previous Assistant Manager Ackter where coughing and breaks were mandatory due to illness, we've decided that we'll be calling in the help of the community to help port some walkthroughs to other platforms or versions.

In the past, the community has asked for separate walkthroughs instead of linked walkthroughs so they could follow their achievement progression more easily, and by porting those walkthroughs we'll be able to fulfil those requests.

If you would like to help with this process, please be aware of the following:

- Requests to port a walkthrough need to be done in this thread. Similar to Volunteer to write a walkthrough, we'll be handling those request 2-3 times a week to make sure we stay up to date with the thread. If you see a published walkthrough linked to other versions, please also post in the newly created thread so we can update that walkthrough as well.

- Porting a walkthrough you haven't written originally will not qualify you as owner but as an editor. This rule is mandatory to make sure that the owner is still credited for their original work on their original walkthrough. Instead, the person that ported the walkthrough will have the status of Transformer, and will have the same functions as the owner. Owners of the original walkthroughs will not be listed due to the fact that, even though they did write the guide, they didn't provide a walkthrough for that regional- or console variational game.

- Porting a walkthrough does not necessarily require that games related to each other have the same achievement list. This is because some game variants have more achievements. In this scenario, we do however require the Transformer to write a guide for the additional achievements. This achievement from LIMBO is a great example because it wasn't include in the 360 version.

Conversely, when a game has less achievements, we will want you to remove those sections (think about the No Goal for You-achievement which was included in the 360 version, but not in the game for Xbox One).

- We'll be setting a limit to 3 games for each person while porting. This means 3 different titles and not the region- and/or console variations.

Obviously this is a huge undertaking and some overseers on our team will be focussing more on this task than others, but we think that it will help the community greatly in the long run. We can't offer anything more than our thanks if you do offer to help, but I'm sure the community also be hugely grateful.

Thanks in advance for applying, and looking forward to work alongside all of you!

Dang3R Gaming, Walkthrough Manager
    Shh I am Batman, Walkthrough Manager
    ManicMetalhead, Walkthrough Assistant Manager
    RadicalSniper99, Walkthrough Assistant Manager
    TA Walkthrough Manager | "We work in the dark to serve the light" ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,651,349
    Posted on 29 January 15 at 14:29
    Okay well since this is a thing can I have my Valiant Hearts walkthrough ported to the 360?
  • NomstuffNomstuff951,965
  • Epsilon ThetaEpsilon Theta1,041,711
    Posted on 29 January 15 at 15:13
    I could do the 2015 edition of Magic if a walkthrough is available for porting. I seem to remember one being written.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,564,938
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE628,414
    Posted on 29 January 15 at 19:00
    Epsilon Theta said:I could do the 2015 edition of Magic if a walkthrough is available for porting. I seem to remember one being written.Both are published mate
    TA Walkthrough Manager | "We work in the dark to serve the light" ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • AgileFawkesAgileFawkes261,486
    Posted on 29 January 15 at 19:55
    I would like to port

Watch Dogs
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Dead Space 3
  • Strategy OneStrategy One707,003
  • Mike MarcelaisMike Marcelais1,251,501
  • AgileFawkesAgileFawkes261,486
    Posted on 29 January 15 at 20:02
    Sorry I should have been more clear I would like to port those two to their Playstation Versions on TrueTrophies
    Posted on 29 January 15 at 20:28
    Ah, ok I didn't even take that into consideration. But yes, what you are porting to where is needed.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE628,414
    Posted on 29 January 15 at 20:43
    AgileFawkes said:Sorry I should have been more clear I would like to port those two to their Playstation Versions on TrueTrophiesBoth me and CLOWN TASTIC 08 (WT Manager at TT) are convinced that both sites need to build their own content. Yes, the sites are similar but they are not the same. That being said, we won't be starting to port walkthroughs from TT over to TA. They aren't region variations and don't fall under this category. As for Watch_Dogs, we were already in progress of porting that ourselves.
  • EurydaceEurydace652,385
    Posted on 29 January 15 at 22:52
    TT and TA have different walkthrough standards as well. Some would need to be substantially altered!
  • JamPound32JamPound321,421,580
    Posted on 29 January 15 at 23:07, Edited on 02 February 15 at 17:24 by JamPound32
    I will take the Viva Pinata 360 to PC port please, and the monopoly plus one to 360 port.
  • Posted on 30 January 15 at 01:24
    I'd be willing to do one. What about Quake 4 to Quake 4 (GER)?
    I brake for Hulking Phase Beasts!
  • sabby boysabby boy1,726,465
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 02:18
    I would love to do Saint's Row IV if possible
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 06:43
    Am I supposed to start on them or wait for a message or something, since im knew to all of this idk how it works. Sorry if its a stupid question.
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 09:36
    Wait for the wt managers to sort it out
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 14:00, Edited on 31 January 15 at 14:01 by Nomstuff
    I'll take
    Civilization Revolution (JP Ver)

and

Velvet Assassin (JP Ver)

EDIT: Though with Regards to the porting to TT, there'a ta least three walkthroughs I've used from here that would work fine on TT

Bioshock Infinite (needs the glitch for CitC added, otherwise straight port)
    Remember Me
    South Park TSoT
  • Paul ZapPaul Zap191,520
    Posted on 12 February 15 at 01:44
    I'd like to port my Watch_Dogs walkthrough to the Xbox One version.

What's this haggling over my walkthrough?

AgileFawkes said:I would like to port

Watch Dogs
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Dead Space 3
    MC0REBE said:AgileFawkes said:Sorry I should have been more clear I would like to port those two to their Playstation Versions on TrueTrophiesBoth me and CLOWN TASTIC 08 (WT Manager at TT) are convinced that both sites need to build their own content. Yes, the sites are similar but they are not the same. That being said, we won't be starting to port walkthroughs from TT over to TA. They aren't region variations and don't fall under this category. As for Watch_Dogs, we were already in progress of porting that ourselves.So once again, could I port my own Watch_Dogs walkthrough to the Xbox One version?
    Just another victim of the ambient mortality.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads