Over 30 and under 75

Board for the "Over 30 and under 75" leaderboard

How old is the oldest gamer you know?

• Posted on 25 February 15 at 16:52
    Since this group is called "over 30 and under 75" I decided to share certain questions that at some point came to my mind: At what age does a gamer stops gaming? Does it get harder and frustrating to play some specific genres or challenges in a game because of slower reflexes? Do you decrease the straight amount of hours you play because of tired vision, headaches or the such? How old is the oldest REGULAR gamer that you know? (not just someone who might play games, eventually)

I'm really curious to find out some answers and mean no disrespect whatsoever by these questions. Please be polite (and realistic) while answering them.

I know some young adult people claim to play with their parents and that sounds pretty cool, but I want to have an idea of how common it is for older people to keep playing in a regular basis.
  • Posted on 20 March 15 at 08:57
    My father [65] plays 2/3 hours a day [not always of course]. has always been fond of strategic war games and I see a great pleasure to have fun again! smile
    >> Let's go Bucs <<
  • Posted on 12 July 15 at 14:20, Edited on 12 July 15 at 14:21 by Chop Tops plate
    I have 2 friends, Bushee brow - 67 (i think) and, maddog walker - 64. maddog is a vietnam vet and all he does is get achievements, and smoke weed. Bushee is new to the game but his first 4 completions were all of the Gears of War games. I am almost 39 but i know that is a ways off from being "old".
    JimmyB
  • Posted on 08 November 15 at 05:32
    First I want to say hello everybody wave
    I'm 36 I've been playing games since I got a Nintendo for my seventh birthday
    And a friend of mine has an uncle he's around 69 and play's cod and battlefield and halo and believe me he's got more skills than the average cod players and I'm talking about skilled players not those Respawn killers,camper's and those annoying players that in objective based game modes like for example drop zone and only goes for there k/d ratio and never goes for the drop zone but any way I'm a pretty decent player but his uncle wiped the floor with me in a match normally i have lets say 18 kills and 5/7 death's that day was more like 1kill and 35 death's ooh and i must add it was my favorite Map high-rise in mw3 i know every single piece of that map but that couldn't help me that day
    And I personally have no issues with specific genres or slower reflexes and so long I enjoy games I'm not going to stop toast
  • RotcatRotcat162,699
    Posted on 06 December 15 at 19:15
    Well im 13, Im that oldest gamer here! laugh
    VENI, VIDI, VICI!
  • Slingeraapj3Slingeraapj3175,044
    Posted on 15 January 18 at 15:03
    I'm 54 and will never stop gaming. When games are getting to complicated or too fast for me then I will start to play pong again.
  • Den and EmDen and Em112,941
    Posted on 15 January 18 at 17:35
    Breintje ^^^^ is the oldest gamer I know. I'm 42, so not a spring chicken either. You will have to take a controller/mouse & keyboard from my cold, dead hands before I give up gaming.
  • i1i Reaper i1ii1i Reaper i1i2,977,428
    Posted on 26 January 18 at 21:17, Edited on 26 January 18 at 21:19 by i1i Reaper i1i
    i have a friend who's 51 and has over 700.000 gamer score i know there's older gamer's on xbox but i haven't seen anyone with that kind of score at that age, that's pretty dam good i think. i think he's probably the most seasoned gamer on xbox one at that age i know, hell he plays more than me sometimes i wonder if he sleeps lol.
  • Posted on 19 September 18 at 15:48
    7th Oct 2018 is my 50th birthday! commodore 64, megadrive, snes & saturn were (and still are) choice faves. I still have a disk copy of tomb raider 1 for saturn.
  • AEKara38AEKara38185,912
    Posted on 11 January 20 at 06:29
    Well, I'm 55. Spectrum48k>C64>PS1>PS2>NES>XBox360>XBoxOneX. I mainly play racing games now but like puzzle/platformers/fighting games now and again.
  • valde5netvalde5net196,279
    Posted on 15 September 20 at 09:25
    I am 54 and started playing games in the 80s! I play around 2-3 hours per day on both PC and XBOX. I play any type of game just to keep my mind sharp... a dull mind is a true sign of ageing! My favorite part is to earn achievements. I started logging my progress five years ago and little by little I plan to continue getting 10K-15K TA points per year. Once I retire, I will probably increase the number of daily hours so who knows where this will take me. Have fun!
  • Rigpig1919Rigpig1919414,758
    Posted on 27 October 20 at 02:52
    Just turned 55 and been gaming since I was 15, still play almost every day and mostly like Forza Horizon / Motorsport. I love Halo though even though I’m really bad at multiplayer.

I had most of the common home PCs starting with the ZX81 and worked my way through most of them until the original Doom brought serious gaming to PC’s. I’ve had most consoles and still do but my favorite has always been Xbox from the first gen Halo. Can’t wait to get my series X in a couple of weeks and think that Microsoft are doing a great job with both the hardware and the amazing gamepass.

I have a few friends the same age who have been gamers for as long as me.

Happy to add friends from any of you older gamers 👍
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads