Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: October 14th, 2014 [UPDATE]

• punkyliarpunkyliar295,443
  • Seamus McLimeySeamus McLimey1,179,213
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 00:10
    So does anyone actually buy those DOA costumes? Because they seem to release a lot of them on a regular basis...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 October 14 at 00:16
    Seamus McLimey said:So does anyone actually buy those DOA costumes? Because they seem to release a lot of them on a regular basis...I'm sure huge fans that play the game daily do.
    t-t-t-today junior
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 October 14 at 00:17
    F duck dynasty .... Racist ignorant idiots!
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf682,369
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 00:33
    duck dynasty is an awesome show.
  • ezhnoezhno561,849
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 00:56
    Uh, can someone tell me what's up with the already expired challenge for Sleeping Dogs?
    Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition Challenges

The game just came out, usually even the shortest challenges are available for a week. Does anyone have some clarification that they can offer?
  • Posted on 15 October 14 at 01:26
    rocking23nf said:duck dynasty is an awesome show.Death to reality TV.

They took the Discovery Channel away from us, TLC.....even the History channel and Animal Planet
    Their reign of terror and ignorance must end.
  • IsThisDustinIsThisDustin163,697
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 01:52
    CounterInsurgnt said:F duck dynasty .... Racist ignorant idiots!Even though nothing they do is racist.

Probably still a crap game though.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko340,757
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 02:10
    sirbradenwalker said:rocking23nf said:duck dynasty is an awesome show.Death to reality TV.

They took the Discovery Channel away from us, TLC.....even the History channel and Animal Planet
    Their reign of terror and ignorance must end.
    Here Here!

OT: yay for more free DLC packs!
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • GoatslayerrrGoatslayerrr213,421
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 02:33
    $25 for TWD? I would bite if it included season 2 or if they had an upgrade promotion. I'll wait for a sale.
  • IsThisDustinIsThisDustin163,697
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 02:55
    XBL GOAT said:$25 for TWD? I would bite if it included season 2 or if they had an upgrade promotion. I'll wait for a sale. That's a great price for an awesome game and 1000 gamerscore.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,607
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 03:45
    XBL GOAT said:$25 for TWD? I would bite if it included season 2 or if they had an upgrade promotion. I'll wait for a sale.Agreed. They should have bundled both seasons and maybe even The Wolf Among Us too. $50 or $60 for a compilation would have been reasonably priced. And no upgrade promotion is a major oversight.

Unfortunately, because TWD is popular and a critical darling, Telltale can charge full price* for the re-release of a two year old game and people will buy it (and for the easy 1000 GS).

*the same price it was two years ago
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic578,861
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 03:49
    Seamus McLimey said:So does anyone actually buy those DOA costumes? Because they seem to release a lot of them on a regular basis...I've been buying some of them on the PS3. Only when they go on sale though. There's not much left in the way of games that I want to buy, so what the hey.
  • Posted on 15 October 14 at 03:56
    SirEzhno said:Uh, can someone tell me what's up with the already expired challenge for Sleeping Dogs?

The game just came out, usually even the shortest challenges are available for a week. Does anyone have some clarification that they can offer?
    SE seems to have a problem implementing their challenges properly. Tomb Raider DE had issues with it's challenge as well.
  • PlacidAtaxiaPlacidAtaxia1,955,793
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 05:22
    I'm sorry but didn't Alien Isolation come out like two weeks ago?!, and they couldn't of included this new shit with the core game? The absolute money hungry greed that is dlc is astounding. Not surprised because it must be working. I don't know who the dipshits are out there, forking out their money at this content, that without a doubt was finished and ready to go when the game was released. Yeah I know its only $4 so I don't need any "chillax bro" rebuttals. It just irks me that we as a community tolerate taking it in our collective asses. This shit should've been released with the launch of the game period, double stamped , no erasies.
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 05:36
    Again, TA forgets to update the article with free costume DLC (limited time - two weeks only) for D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die. Three packs came out this week:

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Themed Clothes
    Super Time Force Themed Clothes
    Beard Set 1
  • Posted on 15 October 14 at 05:48
    KatchPhrase420 said:SirEzhno said:Uh, can someone tell me what's up with the already expired challenge for Sleeping Dogs?

SE seems to have a problem implementing their challenges properly. Tomb Raider DE had issues with it's challenge as well.
    Reason #1 that challenges are not ready for prime time

When the developer messes up a challenge (cause they don't test them, just like they don't test achievements) By the time you realize and patch it (or not), its too late to earn it... cry
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 15 October 14 at 05:56
    DanSutton said:I'm sorry but didn't Alien Isolation come out like two weeks ago?!, and they couldn't of included this new shit with the core game? The absolute money hungry greed that is dlc is astounding. Not surprised because it must be working. I don't know who the dipshits are out there, forking out their money at this content, that without a doubt was finished and ready to go when the game was released. Yeah I know its only $4 so I don't need any "chillax bro" rebuttals. It just irks me that we as a community tolerate taking it in our collective asses. This shit should've been released with the launch of the game period, double stamped , no erasies.Well, when Legend of Zelda came out in 1986 it was $60 (I know, cause I bought it on release day /old ), when Alien Isolation came out in 2014, it was also $60 here, but this little known financial thing called Inflation happened in the years between these two mainstream releases. But it seems gamers won't pay $100 for a video game (see the sales of Phantasy Star 4), and I don't blame them, but as a result, the developer and publisher want to get to that $100 price point anyway, and that is why we have the hated DLC. Probably this would have been part of the game, totally not worth the price, but at least I still get the base games cheap, although I usually have to go without the completions, unless a GOTY version comes out. cry
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 15 October 14 at 06:22
    QUESTION ABOUT THE WALKING DEAD ON XBOX ONE: Are the achievements already unlockable??? Too many problems on xbox360 with these games angry
    I have bought it yesterday but not yet begun because cheevos are not on xbox.com... what must i do??? dive
    Posted on 15 October 14 at 07:31
    Yuanda Zhu San said:QUESTION ABOUT THE WALKING DEAD ON XBOX ONE: Are the achievements already unlockable??? Too many problems on xbox360 with these games angry
    I have bought it yesterday but not yet begun because cheevos are not on xbox.com... what must i do??? dive
    Yes, they are already unlockable. The achievements have been on xbox.com and TA for a day now (even a couple completions already). Feel free to start it!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads