Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Party Games

• Posted on 07 June 15 at 13:13
    There's a party in my console and you're invited

Please click here to read the story: TA Top Five: Party Games
  • Posted on 07 June 15 at 13:18, Edited on 07 June 15 at 13:21 by MosesChristus
    Rockband HAD to be no 1.
    Everything else would have discontinued the universe.

Oh, and you should drop your pathetic opening line.
    It's just not funny (and who's to say it is).
    Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
  • DownInFlames85DownInFlames851,372,569
    Posted on 07 June 15 at 13:20
    Nice list. Loved YDKJ back in the old Playstation days and was stoked when they brought it to the 360. The Party Pack with Fibbage (and the stand alone game) was brilliant. Castle Crashers was fun as well.
    Hotter than Abba in Nevada sun, in a real small car, with the windows rolled up. OH!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 June 15 at 13:23
    I was actually over my friends house last night playing Hydro Thunder and Rock Band whilst drinking a few ciders. toast Dance Central and Lips probably could have been mentioned.

Hydro Thunder 4 player local is the best thing ever though, seriously!
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • liriuscatliriuscat578,904
    Posted on 07 June 15 at 13:22
    Great list! I would point Minecraft, Doritos Crash Course and Dance Central games! They are "must play" in my Gamer Parties clap
  • SlavenBOSSSlavenBOSS953,911
    Posted on 07 June 15 at 13:44
    Battleblock?
  • cancermatt2cancermatt2306,782
    Posted on 07 June 15 at 13:58
    Absolutely loved 1 vs. 100 and it deserves a reboot. Also a fan of Castle Crashers, YDKJ and Scene It? (but not Bright Lights! Big Screen!). So, where's the love for Viva Pinata: Party Animals? I kid, but I actually liked that game for some reason.

Great list!
  • Whiteb0y357Whiteb0y357699,043
    Posted on 07 June 15 at 14:01
    Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune maybe. Not to sure about Castle Crashers though.
    Whiteb0y357
  • madmaxeymadmaxey451,853
    Posted on 07 June 15 at 14:14
    Rock Band for the win!
    Hoohaw!
  • Posted on 07 June 15 at 14:20
    Truth or Lies is a good party game if you and all of your friends are all shit-faced ;)
    Mr. Negative
  • Posted on 07 June 15 at 14:20
    I usually don't post comments on trueachievements but when I do.....
    thisisgman
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 June 15 at 14:25, Edited on 07 June 15 at 15:07 by
    <-------- see that gamer pic, well how about a top 5 that has something to do with those things.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
  • KILL KR4ZYKILL KR4ZY234,267
    Posted on 07 June 15 at 14:44
    3-D Mini Golf . . . 1 or 2, both are fantastic co-op. And where's the Bomberman Live love-fest? Seriously, we're talking about party games and that DOESN'T get mentioned, madness personified . . .
  • o DEEVIUS oo DEEVIUS o621,802
    Posted on 07 June 15 at 15:03
    lol, I own none of them, and never will.
    I used to write Walkthroughs like you, then I took an arrow to the knee
  • Team BretherTeam Brether1,519,122
    Posted on 07 June 15 at 15:10
    Agree with the top 2...the Kinect is underrated for fun, Just Dance is exceptionally fun with the right group and for all ages too
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 June 15 at 15:25
    Monopoly >>>
  • Posted on 07 June 15 at 15:27
    Rock Band is definitely a good choice!
  • ptracey1421ptracey1421413,005
    Posted on 07 June 15 at 15:36
    Nice list. Castle Crashers was my first 'party game' and I knew it was a hit because people wanted to come back over to keep playing it once the night had come to an end.

And of COURSE, Rock Band had to make the list somewhere. I host 'parties' a lot at my place, and 9/10 times someone suggests RockBand. So out comes the plastic and then the waiting game to pick a Vocalist shortly ensues. Lol. Looking forward to next gen, just not so excited about all the dough it's gonna cost to get the band together. Oh well, my 360 instruments have definitely got their use for the ~$75 worth each.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 June 15 at 15:41
    ptracey1421 said:Nice list. Castle Crashers was my first 'party game' and I knew it was a hit because people wanted to come back over to keep playing it once the night had come to an end.

And of COURSE, Rock Band had to make the list somewhere. I host 'parties' a lot at my place, and 9/10 times someone suggests RockBand. So out comes the plastic and then the waiting game to pick a Vocalist shortly ensues. Lol. Looking forward to next gen, just not so excited about all the dough it's gonna cost to get the band together. Oh well, my 360 instruments have definitely got their use for the ~$75 worth each.
    Xbox 360 Rock Band Instruments WILL be compatible with Rock Band 4 on next gen, all you need to do is purchase an adapter. Why don't you know this?
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • NateRNMSNNateRNMSN318,549
    Posted on 07 June 15 at 15:48
    HolyMoses81 said:Rockband HAD to be no 1.
    Everything else would have discontinued the universe.

Oh, and you should drop your pathetic opening line.
    It's just not funny (and who's to say it is).
    Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
    Good top five. I love the Scene It games. Pain in ass for completion but great fun.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads