Game Discussion: Call of Duty: World at War

"War Hero & Hardened War Hero" achievements not unlocking

• Posted on 02 January 15 at 12:16
    Nope, I tried it buddy. The "corrputed" data still applies for when you play offline.

We need a way to erase this corrupted data which is, I assume, located on a cloud because it's not in the console's saved data.

The only way I thought of would be you connecting offline onto a console where you have been playing long ago so your Xbox profile is in it but where you haven't been playing CoD: WaW yet so you could just go though the whole campaign offline, only getting you these achievements and then connecting to Xbox Live in order to sync your data.
  • ChriiistopheChriiistophe896,507
    Posted on 10 January 15 at 21:35
    Hi,

I just got it with this solution. The thing was i had only "Hardened War Hero" glitched before starting the campaign. I played on hardened offline and checked after each mission if the hardened skull appeared.
  • Posted on 10 January 15 at 22:25
    Yeah it doesn't appear for the last 3 missions. As I try to play those missions over and over again hoping that the skull would appear eventually, some missions began to appear as "not finished".

So, in the first place, the last 3 missions weren't marked as finished and now the last 6 missions aren't marked ... I don't even understand.
  • ChriiistopheChriiistophe896,507
    Posted on 11 January 15 at 13:59
    When mine was glitched, the skull didnt appeared on each mission and it was on my old xbox.
    I remember i done again a campaign on hardened with my second profile and it glitched too no skull after heart of reich if i remember.
    So i cleaned my profile 2 days ago, started a new campaign on hardened on my new xbox with another copy of the game. I started playing the campaign online and keept going offline after mission 5 or 6. After each mission i prefered to check if the skull appeared on each mission i ve done (I add that i select "continue" to play the campaign and didnt select any mission).
    The achievement popped up at the end of downfall.

That are some details maybe.
    Hope it could help...
  • Posted on 12 January 15 at 14:36
    Chriiistophe said:The achievement popped up at the end of downfall.

That are some details maybe.
    Hope it could help...
    I did the same thing except that I stayed online the whole campaign, so the glitch re-occured :(
    This really needs to be done offline, thanks for the heads up
  • BiggieHTXBiggieHTX220,201
    Posted on 18 May 15 at 11:04
    I have had problems like this with other games. It was due to a corrupted profile so achievements wouldnt pop as if you were playing while not signed in. Try to delete your profile then re-download from xbox live. All of your achievements will still be there. Just make sure you wipe your cache memory before you re-download. Hope this helps.
  • Posted on 02 August 15 at 11:39
    xox POLAK xox said:I have just make a try .... and it seems to work !!!!! Beng beng beng !!!!!!!!!!

I just introduced a little modification to the solution :

SquareHeadKillr Call of Duty: World at War Hardened War Hero SquareHeadKillr's solution for the Hardened War Hero Achievement in Call of Duty: World at WarCompleted the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty and won on all fronts.

1. Go in you storage and delete you save in Call of duty - World at War folder.
    2. Transfer your Gamertag on a USB drive
    3. Set your 360 to auto sign-in on your gamertag (if it's not already done)
    4. Set your 360 to load from DISK when you start it.
    5. Put Call of duty - World at War in 360.
    6. Turn off 360.
    7. Turn on 360.
    8. Turn on controller if you have not already done so.
    9. When the game load up and you see ''Call of duty - World at War LOADING... '' , pull out the USB drive
    Polak comment : Pull it out ~0.5 sec after ''Call of duty - World at War LOADING... ''
    10. You should be sing-in with your gamertag and if you go to your achievements it should show 0G. Don't worry.
    11. Go in mission select and now you can see what you want, ALL PROGRESS HAS BEEN ERASED !!
    12. Plug back in your USB drive with your gamertag.
    13. Hit Xbox button and hit sing-in to Xbox Live. Now your gamerscore is back to normal without your old progress.
    Polak Edit : I got back my GS after pulling in the usb but I was not able to connect as it ask me a security code. So I have made an second try until this step then do it in a different way :
    14 - Select 1st chapter and do it on easy ~5min, it save the mission progress.
    15 - At the start of the mission 2 quit out to dashboard. The account reconnect to XBL automatically (and I guess it replace the one online because it is morerecent with only the 1st chapter as progress)
    16 - I have reloadedthe game and only chapter 1 is done on easy ==> MISSION PROGRESS RESET !!!!!!!!!

It smell very good .... to be continued but I have no more time this week :(

SquareHeadKillr you are the king !
    The solution above works for me for both War Hero and Hardened War Hero.
    I have done it 100% offline (ethernet cable unplugged before step 1) !! !! !!
  • Posted on 02 August 15 at 13:56
    I'll give this a try when I have some time.
  • Posted on 02 August 15 at 15:34, Edited on 02 August 15 at 15:37 by xox POLAK xox
    Purple DinDono said:I'll give this a try when I have some time.As each detail could be important :
    - I have done it in 2 sittings without connecting to live neither playing different games since start to end.
    - I have cleared all caches : disk + usb.
  • Posted on 04 August 15 at 00:07
    xox POLAK xox said:Purple DinDono said:I'll give this a try when I have some time.As each detail could be important :
    - I have done it in 2 sittings without connecting to live neither playing different games since start to end.
    - I have cleared all caches : disk + usb.
    I'll just do the whole campaign in one sitting. Takes around 4-5 hours in hardened.
  • Posted on 06 August 20 at 13:20
    After 8 years of Activision’s betrayal I finally got my two achievements following POLAKs edited post of SquareHeadKillr.
    Did the whole campaign in one sitting being disconnected from Xbox live.
    Both popped right after the final cutscene.
    Awesome! Thanks to you, guys!

2020 and still legit n working!
  • XwatZerXwatZer388,805
    Posted on 17 December 22 at 13:48
    I have a friend, he plays quiet games without craziness half success but he unlocks them all and me when I play it I have it deep in the ass every time. Like BF5, World at War…
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads