Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DmC Devil May Cry & DMC 4 Announced for Xbox One

• Hillster247Hillster247601,525
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 09:05
    This is the most wonderful news for while :D
  • CraphexCraphex746,044
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 09:12
    Wasn't this already announced 2 days ago?
    Craphex
  • Mr GimpsonMr Gimpson489,582
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 09:35
    Oh good more remakes
  • FlattmeisterFlattmeister469,419
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 10:19
    This is getting ridiculous. MS tell us xbone is not backwards compatible only to make had upgrade remakes of 360 games. Spend the money creating NEW and ORIGINAL IPs. That's why I'm in no hurry to sell my 360 and upgrade. Iv got a vast back catelogue to catch up on.
    Toasty!
  • DaOverUnderDaOverUnder1,720,246
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 10:37
    Flattmeister said:This is getting ridiculous. MS tell us xbone is not backwards compatible only to make had upgrade remakes of 360 games. Spend the money creating NEW and ORIGINAL IPs. That's why I'm in no hurry to sell my 360 and upgrade. Iv got a vast back catelogue to catch up on.I agree whole heartedly. The Xbox One is pretty useless IMHO. Just not that big of a jump.

But backwards compatibility is a technical issue. You'd either have to put an entire 360 in the One to play the games. Or emulate the 360 architecture. Those are the only two option.

Option 1 would make the product more expensive that would be attractive to consumers.

Option 2 is a huge problem now that we have things like achievements. Considering how buggy emulation is.

As for DMC remake. DMC4 was the shittiest game I've ever played. I got the game 7 years ago. Back when I got my Xbox and well before I achievement hunted. So the difficult achievements didn't even play a factor into whether I liked it.

The game is dead bottom of my card of over 800 games. And it will never move. It is literally the worst game I've ever played. I think I'd opt for castration.
  • IHeartParamoreIHeartParamore1,469,822
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 10:46
    As pointless as a remake might seem, this very well may be the dealbreaker that talks me into getting an Xbox One. With that said, Capcom doing this for Xbox, and not USFIV/SFV makes me a sad panda.
  • HypronHypron53,290
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 10:53, Edited on 17 December 14 at 10:54 by Hypron
    I'm really looking forward to DMC4:SE. I absolutely loved the original version and even got all the achievements on the PC version - I can't wait to do it all again. I really hope they add lots of cool stuff to that edition. Vergil sounds great already, hopefully he's playable.
  • ネメシスネメシス1,453,628
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 11:04
    IHeartParamore said:As pointless as a remake might seem, this very well may be the dealbreaker that talks me into getting an Xbox One. With that said, Capcom doing this for Xbox, and not USFIV/SFV makes me a sad panda.This is exactly how i feel, the only xbox one games i can think of that i want to play are 360 games that will have extra content. Ive waited like 7 years for Vergil to be playable in DMC4 so i cant wait to see what they do with him in SE
    I dont give up, giving up is for faggots - IMakke
  • burnthelambburnthelamb453,191
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 11:06
    Why Capcom? Why?
    I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign!
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,244,411
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 11:23, Edited on 17 December 14 at 11:23 by Chris1984uk
    People seem to forget there are people new to the Xbox One who haven't had/do not currently own an Xbox 360.

Spoilers, this gamer base on TA is a drop in the ocean to the XBL gamer base.

IF you don't like their practices show them by not buying their games.
  • Posted on 17 December 14 at 11:30
    IHeartParamore said:As pointless as a remake might seem, this very well may be the dealbreaker that talks me into getting an Xbox One. With that said, Capcom doing this for Xbox, and not USFIV/SFV makes me a sad panda.Are you aware that SF V will be Sony-exclusive?
    Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
  • HerrKätzchenHerrKätzchen1,095,651
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 11:42
    Nothing better than slaying demons with CombiChrist in the background!
  • Stardust RenStardust Ren346,966
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 11:53
    This gives me a chance to play DmC now!
    Come one, come all.
  • GAM3RJETGAM3RJET244,614
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 12:08
    Definitive edition...
    Because Cash Grab Edition just sounds bad laugh
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,700,102
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 12:10
    DLloyd gonna wet himself....
  • Posted on 17 December 14 at 12:35
    Damn...now i have a good reason to buy a xbox one...i hope they will make a special xbox edition with dmc(like they did with advanced warfare), if they do i buy it!
  • IHeartParamoreIHeartParamore1,469,822
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 13:31
    HolyMoses81 said:IHeartParamore said:As pointless as a remake might seem, this very well may be the dealbreaker that talks me into getting an Xbox One. With that said, Capcom doing this for Xbox, and not USFIV/SFV makes me a sad panda.Are you aware that SF V will be Sony-exclusive?That's what I implied, They're making a next-gen version of USFIV for PS4 only, and SFV is PS4/PC only. Gutted doesn't quite cover it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 December 14 at 13:56
    I really need to know more about DMC4 SE but I am also interested in the new Difficulty settings of DmC, the original was too easy imo. It's not like I am going to play them any time soon anyway...
  • PistolvaniaPistolvania594,490
    Posted on 17 December 14 at 13:56, Edited on 17 December 14 at 13:56 by Pistolvania
    While I love DmC and the Devil May Cry series in general, I'm not sure that this will be the game to push me to an XBone just yet. But this is definitely tempting.

• Gods Must Die difficulty level - Offering an insane challenge, this mode causes all enemies to deal 2.5x the usual damage, and spawn with Devil Trigger active. Plus: no items allowed!That's some pretty insane stuff right there. Doable, but insane.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads