Game Discussion: Batman: Arkham City

Is it hard to get 100% on this (GotY edition)?

• raitchisonraitchison90,540
    Posted on 02 January 14 at 17:38
    The GotY edition is only $16.99 on Amazon and I'm thinking of picking it up but I don't need another game where it will be difficult or extremely impossible to get 100% on.

I'm willing to put an assload of time into a game and have reasonable skills for an old man but some games or the DLC for games is too much for me to have any realistic chance at beating it leaving me with games perpetually one or two missing achievements. Examples include the Dunwall City Trials in Dishonored or Clash in the Clouds in Bioshock Infinite, these have levels that require essentially perfect gameplay to beat so I've resigned myself that I'll never get 100% on those.

Thanks for any advice.
  • WarmedxMintsWarmedxMints1,256,023
    Posted on 02 January 14 at 18:28
    I personally think it is a very easy game but it all depends on how good you are with the combat system.

If you played Arkham Asylum and found the combat system easy, then you will not have any problems with Arkham City as it is even easier to build large combos and all the combat challenges scores are ridiculously easy to obtain.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2014.htm
  • Posted on 02 January 14 at 19:09
    Dont know why you are talking about combat challenges. In aa combat challenges where harder but in AC predator challenges are more challenging. I did every combat challenge first try.
    But its annoying to do this with Batman, Catwoman, Robin and nightwing. I have 2 predator missions left but its getting boring.
    AC is easy to complete but dont forget you have to play it twice and you have to do the challenges 4 times.
  • a holy chainsawa holy chainsaw2,336,404
    Posted on 03 January 14 at 16:53
    Time consuming more than hard, still one of those few games that take forever but you enjoy every minute of it.
    I own all of my played games, willing to boost anything.
  • raitchisonraitchison90,540
    Posted on 03 January 14 at 17:44
    Thanks all, I pulled the trigger, seems like a deal for $17
  • Posted on 07 February 14 at 01:18
    To be honest I think these guys are exaggerating their skills a bit, it's not the hardest game in the world but it is a bit of a challenge. The hardest part for me was getting all the medals in the batman challenges (predator is pretty easy) but the combats can be a bit of a struggle because all it takes it one hit a round to disrupt a good score.
  • Posted on 08 February 14 at 13:43
    no. combat challenges are easy. you can jump until you like to attack without losing your multiplier. i got around 220.000 points when 60.000 were needed.
  • Posted on 19 July 14 at 16:43
    Wtf... The campaign's were clearly the hardest where you had to do three combat/predator challenges in a row with three continues only... The triple extreme predator one with catwoman took me awhile...
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • Posted on 20 July 14 at 17:03
    we never talked about campaign...we talked about combat challenges and predator challenges.

and like i said:
    Batman AA: combat challenges are harder
    Batman AC: predator challenges are harder
  • Posted on 21 July 14 at 14:06
    No not the story mode campaign, the "campaign's" where you gotta do the challenge maps in a row without using more then three continues....
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • Warboy925Warboy925396,261
    Posted on 30 June 15 at 18:25
    I totally agree with DriZzT1987, Batman AA's combat was a pain!!! But I LOVE Batman: Origin, both combat and predator are way easier!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads