Game Discussion: Forza Horizon 2

How does this site handle 'day streaks' when cheeves aren't unlocking due..

• UraMallasUraMallas540,284
    Posted on 18 September 15 at 02:02
    ...due to Xbox Live issues?

I have a 170+ day achievement streak. It appears that achievements aren't unlocking across any game for an unlucky few and it would be very uncool if I get my streak broken by something completely out of my control.

Is there precedent for something like this? Is there anything that can be done about it?
  • SpilnerSpilner1,153,764
    Posted on 18 September 15 at 02:05
    Well if its One you're playing on when they finally sync up they'll have their appropriate time stamps and rebuild streaks.

Otherwise theres nothing inplace
  • UraMallasUraMallas540,284
    Posted on 18 September 15 at 02:19
    Spilner said:Well if its One you're playing on when they finally sync up they'll have their appropriate time stamps and rebuild streaks.

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed to know (and was hoping for).
  • William723William723768,738
    Posted on 18 September 15 at 02:44, Edited on 18 September 15 at 02:45 by William723
    Spilner said:Well if its One you're playing on when they finally sync up they'll have their appropriate time stamps and rebuild streaks.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The achievement progress (in the app) isn't moving at all. Achievements aren't saying "done, unlocking..." like the other times achievements have gone down.
    You might wanna try earning an achievement on 360/Win10/WP8.1 to keep any streak going.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,578,471
    Posted on 18 September 15 at 03:21
    William723 said:Spilner said:Well if its One you're playing on when they finally sync up they'll have their appropriate time stamps and rebuild streaks.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The achievement progress (in the app) isn't moving at all. Achievements aren't saying "done, unlocking..." like the other times achievements have gone down.
    You might wanna try earning an achievement on 360/Win10/WP8.1 to keep any streak going.
    You can be 100% of sure of what Spil said. Even when it doesn't appear like the achievement app is tracking, it still is behind the scenes. If you met the requirements (and it isn't otherwise glitched outside of achievement app issues), they it will eventually pop with the timestamp you did it. Possibly even when your console is turned off!
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • Ditto51Ditto51256,023
    Posted on 18 September 15 at 11:24
    UraMallas said:Spilner said:Well if its One you're playing on when they finally sync up they'll have their appropriate time stamps and rebuild streaks.

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed to know (and was hoping for).
    If you have a WP or W8/8.1/10 then if the achievement doesn't count then you can just change the date on your device, unlock an achievement and then rebuild your streak and it should continue.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,126,405
    Posted on 18 September 15 at 13:28
    ^ which then means your streak is fraudulent.
  • Ditto51Ditto51256,023
    Posted on 18 September 15 at 14:59
    LuckyConquerer2 said:^ which then means your streak is fraudulent.Not if you did earn an achievement that day and Xbox Live was what screwed it up. The achievement would simply be a stand in for the achievement that didn't register on the right date.
  • Posted on 18 September 15 at 18:33
    Ditto51 said:LuckyConquerer2 said:^ which then means your streak is fraudulent.Not if you did earn an achievement that day and Xbox Live was what screwed it up. The achievement would simply be a stand in for the achievement that didn't register on the right date.If xbox live messes up, the time stamp will still be there. Rebuilding your streak will fix it.
  • Ditto51Ditto51256,023
    Posted on 18 September 15 at 20:17
    DuhLayy said:Ditto51 said:LuckyConquerer2 said:^ which then means your streak is fraudulent.Not if you did earn an achievement that day and Xbox Live was what screwed it up. The achievement would simply be a stand in for the achievement that didn't register on the right date.If xbox live messes up, the time stamp will still be there. Rebuilding your streak will fix it.Not if you are playing on the 360 and it disconnects without telling you.
  • XystraXystra214,353
    Posted on 18 September 15 at 20:56
    Turn on those notifications, then. My 360 tells me every time it disconnects (then it's MY responsibility to notice it!).
    I have had a streak end when my Xbox disconnected and I didn't pay attention to the alert, earned an achievement which was labeled as being earned "offline", and ended for the day thinking I was okay.
  • Posted on 19 September 15 at 05:29
    Ditto51 said:DuhLayy said:Ditto51 said:LuckyConquerer2 said:^ which then means your streak is fraudulent.Not if you did earn an achievement that day and Xbox Live was what screwed it up. The achievement would simply be a stand in for the achievement that didn't register on the right date.If xbox live messes up, the time stamp will still be there. Rebuilding your streak will fix it.Not if you are playing on the 360 and it disconnects without telling you.If you honestly cared about your streak, you'd check on the site to make sure you gained a day.
  • XystraXystra214,353
    Posted on 19 September 15 at 06:11
    ...and that's why I put in a suggestion for an optional "streak icon" on the homepage, to indicate instantly whether your streak has been extended for the day.
  • ALTERACEALTERACE421,852
    Posted on 19 September 15 at 16:02
    Go to the bottom of your homepage to see if your achievement says "You won this today", thats how i check my streak of 680+ days.
  • Posted on 19 September 15 at 16:49
    Xystra said:...and that's why I put in a suggestion for an optional "streak icon" on the homepage, to indicate instantly whether your streak has been extended for the day.How hard is it to look at your recent achievements and see "won today"

Or know what day you're on and see if it went up a day
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 September 15 at 06:45
    The last time i lost my streak was in the world cup... Totally worth it! toast
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 September 15 at 10:20
    What if xbox live went down for everything.. no windows phone/windows 8, xbox 360 or xbox one..

for a couple of days

I know a lot of people who probably vote to have that day/days not counted

just wondering when this last happened ?
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,126,405
    Posted on 20 September 15 at 10:45
    Then your streak ends. Harsh but I really don't get the obsession with streaks. They take no skill and are very easy.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,402,347
    Posted on 20 September 15 at 11:14
    TheBuddha336 said:What if xbox live went down for everything.. no windows phone/windows 8, xbox 360 or xbox one..

for a couple of days

I know a lot of people who probably vote to have that day/days not counted

just wondering when this last happened ?
    That never happened..so why would you expect it to do so in the future? During the zombie apocalypse or alien attacks, your streak will end also...should we also plan ahead for that?
  • SpilnerSpilner1,153,764
    Posted on 20 September 15 at 11:21
    Well in that scenario everyone would be effected and not some so I cant see it mattering, streaks are based off of getting an achievement online on each day and artificially correcting a streak would only confuse that.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads