Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Telltale Games Announces Batman Series Coming 2016

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 December 15 at 09:19
    So much hate going on here. Yes, GoT was pants and a lengthy release and Borderlands had it's issues (supposedly, I never played it), but they never claimed to be able to satisfy everyone. We all know that you guys are going to end up playing it regardless so let us welcome the good news that Batman is the next project. The best bit of gaming news I have heard for a while. clap
  • Capn BeavCapn Beav852,880
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 10:08
    This seems almost too remote a possibility to even bring up, but I'll say it anyway: If they don't get Kevin Conroy, I WILL NOT play this game.
  • MCRECORDS24MCRECORDS24638,154
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 11:04
    hopefully they make it with a better or new game engine.
  • Ganon255Ganon255390,145
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 12:09, Edited on 04 December 15 at 12:09 by Ganon255
    Tired of these games, I feel they are a bit overrated and have begun to oversaturate the market. Batman is a great license to attempt. I could be convinced to run through it once all the episodes are out and it's on sale.
    Praise the Sun!
  • Posted on 04 December 15 at 12:25
    This will be EPIC! smile
  • R1KM4NR1KM4N1,074,686
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 12:34
    No lie, so excited for this. Telltale have been knocking them out of the park, can't wait to get my hands on this.
  • Posted on 04 December 15 at 12:35
    What?!

Well, they probably can't make something worse than Batman arcade Blackgate "Deluxe" Edition.
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
  • Posted on 04 December 15 at 12:42
    Blue n Gold Eel said:Judging from the comments in here, I must be the only one who think TT are overrated.You're being polite, sir.

People would buy these "games" where you barely interact but they wouldn't be so hyped and buy them if they were simply released as video stories, which they are much more like.

I know, I know, fans will say that they can make choices and that makes all the difference. Except that for most of those choices, if not all, you're led down through the same paths.
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
  • Posted on 04 December 15 at 12:49
    Eurydace said:Every Telltale game I've played has been pure misery. I will not buy ever again.

This is guaranteed cash grab trash, complete with horrible engine.
    Lol how many did you play before you realized they were all pure misery? Took me the first episode of the walking dead to realize it wasnt for me
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,700,122
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 13:35
    I look forward to some more Idle Score... : )
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483380,298
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 13:53
    I'm not overly excited about this. My recent experience with GoT in particular has really left a sour taste. They really need to upgrade their engine and/or focus on a smaller number of titles at once. It seemed like they were working on too many for them to handle this year which resulted in all the issues and delays people have been complaining about.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • KANEFAN84KANEFAN84306,425
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 14:11
    I love their story telling but the stuttering in all their games is disgraceful. Borderlands ep 5 totally destroyed what was otherwise a brilliant season, almost unplayable. Wolf among us even stutters on the intro music for heavens sake.
  • ksiddiqueksiddique704,904
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 14:12
    Capn Beav said:This seems almost too remote a possibility to even bring up, but I'll say it anyway: If they don't get Kevin Conroy, I WILL NOT play this game.Damn straight!
  • Posted on 04 December 15 at 14:23
    F*ck you, Telltale.
    Take it sleazy
  • DelithDelith394,524
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 14:30
    I like these games, though I only ever finished TWD 1 and TWD 2 so far. They are a great break from the fast paced high octane games that are the norm these days. I thoroughly enjoy a slow story driven game, even if the choices are ultimately hollow. It's interactive movies and that's the mentality I have going into it.

I didn't see much stuttering in the two games I played so far so it saddens me that I will be dealing with that once I get the others. But until they go deeply on sale or free, I'll be waiting anyway. The beauty of TT games is they are always on sale and eventually go for practically free.

I did get Wolf Among Us awhile ago and plan on playing that with the wife, who normally doesn't like video games but does like movies, so it's a cheap date night where everyone wins. I'm thinking she'll enjoy GoT even more so I'll be keeping an eye out for a $5 or less sale on that.

So while I read some comments that equate to hatemail about TT, I for one see nothing wrong with more games to everyone to choose to play or not, as the case may be.
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 December 15 at 14:33
    I shall paraphrase the general consensus:

LESS IS MORE, TELLTALE!!!
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,672,688
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 14:40
    VoodooTrumpet said:F*ck you, Telltale.Tell us how you really feel!
  • FlattmeisterFlattmeister469,415
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 14:44
    iTiiDuS iNc said:I'm not saying I'm Batman. But no one ever saw me and Batman in a Room together.
    Looking forward to this one.
    Ha my little brother in law has t shirt with that saying. clap
    Toasty!
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,577,063
    Posted on 04 December 15 at 14:49, Edited on 04 December 15 at 14:49 by xPut Name Herex
    So what have we got going for the second Telltale Collection? (Assuming they will make another 5 game pack like they currently have for the One with The Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and their Game of Thrones story).

Minecraft: Story Mode
    The Walking Dead: Michonne
    The Walking Dead: Season 3
    Game of Thrones: Season 2
    Batman
    Everything except Minecraft Story Mode (which has already released its first episode) is confirmed for 2016 initial episode releases.
  • Posted on 04 December 15 at 14:51
    MS is probably breathing down TT's neck when it comes to development and releases of Minecraft Story Mode. I wouldn't worry about that one getting too many delays.
    So trying to get gamingirl.com back on track and active. Be sure to jump by and check it out!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads