Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Rock Band 4 is About to Get Brutal

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 December 15 at 23:55
    unkled20 said:Please tell me you are joking. I didn't even know that could be done. I've seen where people have made robots, if you will, to play before but, I would never be able to do that. I would love to do something like this! I love the music games but, don't have anyone local that is even remotely interested in playing them. I can never get any of the co-op stuff but, this would certainly allow me to get them!Someone missed the great Macro war of 2013

The Oddworld army fought bravely, but ultimately nothing could be done about the Macro plague from the east. After many long and tiresome battles, the Gods had spoken and the Macros breached the walls of our holy and sacred kingdom, forever tainting all that is good in this world.

These days the creator of such evil resides in his castle, run entirely by robots. Some say he flicks through TV channels, specifically ones relating to food so he can take over the world with his 'Cooking with Crandy' internet blog.

In memory of the tragic loss of all the warriors who fought bravely, once every year the world of TA celebrates our once sacred freedom in the form of 'Music Mayhem' where surviving members of the Macro apocalypse will come together to help each other to learn the power of friendship and unity.
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • CrandyCrandy912,850
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 00:05, Edited on 08 December 15 at 00:06 by Crandy
    unkled20 said:Crandy said:Oddworld X said:Crandy said:Guess I better get practicing some of the songs I want to play in brutal mode! Oh wait...Or you could figure out some way of getting your computer to hit the notes for you while you sit back and enjoy all of the rewards wink laughOh don't worry, I did that the day the game was released. However, you'll be happy to know it will not be released publicly.Please tell me you are joking. I didn't even know that could be done. I've seen where people have made robots, if you will, to play before but, I would never be able to do that. I would love to do something like this! I love the music games but, don't have anyone local that is even remotely interested in playing them. I can never get any of the co-op stuff but, this would certainly allow me to get them!I won't be doing any further development or use of the RB4 version beyond proving it can be done. See my blog post for details.

http://playingforachievements.blogspot.com/2015/09/rock-band...

Oddworld X said:unkled20 said:Please tell me you are joking. I didn't even know that could be done. I've seen where people have made robots, if you will, to play before but, I would never be able to do that. I would love to do something like this! I love the music games but, don't have anyone local that is even remotely interested in playing them. I can never get any of the co-op stuff but, this would certainly allow me to get them!Someone missed the great Macro war of 2013

The Oddworld army fought bravely, but ultimately nothing could be done about the Macro plague from the east. After many long and tiresome battles, the Gods had spoken and the Macros breached the walls of our holy and sacred kingdom, forever tainting all that is good in this world.

These days the creator of such evil resides in his castle, run entirely by robots. Some say he flicks through TV channels, specifically ones relating to food so he can take over the world with his 'Cooking with Crandy' internet blog.

In memory of the tragic loss of all the warriors who fought bravely, once every year the world of TA celebrates our once sacred freedom in the form of 'Music Mayhem' where surviving members of the Macro apocalypse will come together to help each other to learn the power of friendship and unity.
    That is an amazing post. laugh
    -Randy Twoseventwoseven
  • WiznyattWiznyatt1,872,962
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 00:14
    Crandy said:unkled20 said:Crandy said:Oddworld X said:Crandy said:Guess I better get practicing some of the songs I want to play in brutal mode! Oh wait...Or you could figure out some way of getting your computer to hit the notes for you while you sit back and enjoy all of the rewards wink laughOh don't worry, I did that the day the game was released. However, you'll be happy to know it will not be released publicly.Please tell me you are joking. I didn't even know that could be done. I've seen where people have made robots, if you will, to play before but, I would never be able to do that. I would love to do something like this! I love the music games but, don't have anyone local that is even remotely interested in playing them. I can never get any of the co-op stuff but, this would certainly allow me to get them!I won't be doing any further development or use of the RB4 version beyond proving it can be done. See my blog post for details.

http://playingforachievements.blogspot.com/2015/09/rock-band...

Oddworld X said:unkled20 said:Please tell me you are joking. I didn't even know that could be done. I've seen where people have made robots, if you will, to play before but, I would never be able to do that. I would love to do something like this! I love the music games but, don't have anyone local that is even remotely interested in playing them. I can never get any of the co-op stuff but, this would certainly allow me to get them!Someone missed the great Macro war of 2013

That is an amazing post. laugh
    Come on Crandy...I love your solution to Green Day Rock Band and while I haven't taken advantage of it yet I had always planned to. I'd certainly appreciate a "solution" for Rock Band 4.
  • CanaDa FwendCanaDa Fwend599,662
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 00:14
    Just another example of how Harmonix has no clue what its fans actually want. Rock Band Blitz was when this BS started. I expect there were a lot of personnel changes shortly before that game went into development.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 December 15 at 01:56
    OH BOO HOO FREE CONTENT

People will complain about anything these days.
  • ProfessorPlutoProfessorPluto1,639,362
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 05:17
    What a stupid feature. Can't imagine people are going to play it for more than five minutes.
    100% Completed Games: 120 Proudest 100%: Dead Island 1250/1250
  • RaisukaiRaisukai237,792
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 05:19
    This sorta looks like a sad attempt at gameplay mods (similar to DDR and ITG). Reminds me of the hidden and sudden modifier. Certainly not very fitting for this game, though...

C'mon Harmonix. You can do better than this. cry
  • DCM7734DCM7734220,629
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 05:59
    Don't want this.

There better not be achievements, because there's no way I'll be able to get one for this. Knowing how achievements work, they're probably be 5 stars on this. I can get 5 stars on medium, and barely 4 on hard.

GIVE ME DETAILED STATS, DAMNIT
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 December 15 at 07:03
    Doominatorx6 said:OH BOO HOO FREE CONTENT

People are not complaining about FREE content. People are complaining about a game that they probably paid for already and the game was stripped of many major features just to get it out as soon as possible. And instead of spending time on what we have been asking for for a while now they added a ridiculous feature.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 December 15 at 07:10, Edited on 08 December 15 at 20:38 by
    dlCHIEF58 said:I'll agree with it being a step back from almost every Rock Band game (outside of the first), but way behind Guitar Hero? What are you smoking as GHL has even fewer features, less songs on disc, microtransactions to even just play some songs, and only uses 3 fingers to play. And don't get me started on that cheezy first person view of a pre-recorded crowd. And none of your previous purchases amount to anything since no DLC or previous game content carries over. It also has no online play either.
    Yes, the first person view is silly and cheesy and stupid and I hate it. COuldn't stand playing the same song more than once.... The acting was just so bad, similar to the new NFS game.

But the GHTV feature is pretty cool. JUst sit and watch videos and play along. Pretty innovative, if you ask me. YOu can just pick up whenever.... don't have to choose songs, just choose a channel and play. YOu don't have to spend a dime on microtransactions and still enjoy the game.

ANd I'm loving the new guitar. The sets of buttons are much closer to what playing the guitar actually feels like.

I'm not saying GUITAR HERO is necessarily BETTER, I'm just saying it's NEW and FRESH. It's a different game. With Rock Band and Guitar Hero on last gen it was all the same all the time. Two games that were almost identical.... Now I have two different music games I love. Or would love, if Rock Band decided to think a bit more of which of the missing features we were actually missing.
  • FlartfulFlartful224,394
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 07:40
    I must be one of the few that are really excited for this.
  • Posted on 08 December 15 at 11:08
    This is kinda stupid, GH already has this its called performance mode i think, available through cheats
  • LockAndLukeLockAndLuke455,599
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 12:37
    Umm.. No thank you, I appreciate the added content, but the only feature I want added is online play.
    If it works, it isn't stupid.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,672,599
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 13:54
    MarekVit said:Doominatorx6 said:OH BOO HOO FREE CONTENT

People are not complaining about FREE content. People are complaining about a game that they probably paid for already and the game was stripped of many major features just to get it out as soon as possible. And instead of spending time on what we have been asking for for a while now they added a ridiculous feature.
    Nothing that was left out at release was a secret. If people night it expecting things like online play or practice mode, that's on them. Harmonix was open about those features nut coming for a while.
  • Posted on 08 December 15 at 18:23
    great! 1:22pm est, and still no update. is it just me, or is it april fools day?!
  • SpilnerSpilner1,153,764
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,672,599
  • VygerVyger277,707
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 19:58
    why why why looks really painful and not fun
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 December 15 at 20:28
    alklein92201 said:Nothing that was left out at release was a secret. If people night it expecting things like online play or practice mode, that's on them. Harmonix was open about those features nut coming for a while.Why are you defending them?

They may not have kept it a secret, but honestly, if they decide to call something blahblah 4, people would expect it to include the major features of 1, 2 and 3 and build up on them, am I wrong? They didn't exactly warn people that it was work in progress and that some of the reasons why we love ROCK BAND are just not included in RB4 and that they are not their TOP priority in the future updates.
  • CyberPunch83CyberPunch83593,910 593,910 GamerScore
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 20:34
    That.. looks really dumb. Like really dumb. Did anyone ask for this? I highly doubt it. I also doubt those Crimson Stars are going to be worth a whole lot.

What would really make for a great Brutal Mode would be randomly selected notes or short phrases in a song you have to hit absolutely perfectly or you fail, regardless of how well you were doing otherwise.

Problem is that would require a Practice Mode to get good at those sections. And would you look at that? Rock Band 4 doesn't have a Practice Mode.

Harmonix, I am disappoint.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads