Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

TrueAchievements Game Of The Year Awards

• Clever JakeClever Jake802,297
  • Posted on 15 December 15 at 15:47
    Bah, I still don't agree with Titanfall being in that list of great games. What an abomination. I hope this year will be a better result. Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 are both great candidates.
  • BIG Rob 118BIG Rob 118579,044
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 15:50
    343 killed halo. halo5 was a pile of shit
  • Clever JakeClever Jake802,297
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 15:53, Edited on 15 December 15 at 15:54 by Clever Jake
    Kennyannydenny said:Bah, I still don't agree with Titanfall being in that list of great games. What an abomination.

The truth, and what's worse is the exclusive TrueAchievements GotY winners lounge has an open bar.

Got to be the Witcher 3 this year.
  • EurydaceEurydace652,870
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 15:54, Edited on 15 December 15 at 15:57 by Eurydace
    Haven't played RotTR or Ori yet, but I'm thinking it'll be Halo 5 at the top for me. That game is perfection.

Also Titanfall won because it is the single best FPS ever made. It also had the same degree of impact on the genre as Goldeneye, Halo, and CoD 4. It is important.
  • Posted on 15 December 15 at 15:58, Edited on 15 December 15 at 15:59 by Dark Death 90
    Life is Strange? I hope you are joking. Some of the worst writing ever seen in a game...

Anyways, I think Witcher 3 should win. Or maybe Phantom Pain.

Actually, I just remembered Monster High: New Ghoul in School. Obvious choice for GOTY.
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • Posted on 15 December 15 at 15:59
    Easily goes to The Witcher 3 for me. That game is something else!
    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite website on the Citadel.
  • Shh I am BatmanShh I am Batman1,843,825
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:00, Edited on 15 December 15 at 16:02 by Shh I am Batman
    RotTR is a fantastic game, but it's the same thing I played two years ago, and again last year in the Definitive Edition. Nothing has truly evolved, just refined and tuned. That isn't worthy of a GoTY from me. As a lifelong Halo fanatic, I want to put Halo 5 in every award, but that would be absolutely dishonest. The story was confused and muddled, and that's for someone who owns all the novels and graphic novel material. My friends who we were forced to play co-op with (Solo Legendary of Halo 5 is a nightmare) didn't understand a word.

I haven't touched Ori yet, and i won't be unwrapping Fallout 4 for another two weeks.. but this is still a very one-sided vote from me, and probably from most gamers. Witcher 3 is a complete different breed and brand of video game, one that stands head and shoulders above it's peers, much the same way Skyrim did in 2011. Not only is it my vote, but I'm predicting it here and now, much like the VG awards, and most other press sites, TA will name Witcher 3 as it's GOTY.

EDIT: MGSV completely slipped my radar for some reason. That's another worthy contender, on the level of the Witcher. If it's not the Witcher, it'll be Metal Gear, but I still don't think I can argue that MGS is a better game than the Witcher. And it absolutely won't be Life is Strange. Point and click games, to win GOTY, have to be truly revolutionary I.E. Walking Dead Season 1. I haven't played LiS yet, and I am looking forward to it's January disc release.... but I have trouble fathoming that it'll pass Witcher in terms of quality and content.
    "It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:09
    Monopoly Plus FTW. Last I checked the main focus of this was still achievements. I don't care how many hours you put on Fallout 4. An easy completion should be GOTY here, as far as I'm concerned.
    100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 230+ DAYS playtime, 69+ million credits. 1.4 million FF kills.
  • vSullyvSully1,298,113
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:11
    There's no way this will be anything but Fallout. The entire gaming world outside of me is going bonkers over this game. I thought the third one was an absolute turd.
  • Lucky BrianLucky Brian369,708
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:14
    I wonder if I have actually played a game from 2015 this year... laugh
  • Jamal2807Jamal28072,417,494
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:20
    Halo 3 should have Won,i mean its the best Game in the whole Universe
  • SplyntaSplynta561,498
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:29
    NoLifeDGenerate said:Monopoly Plus FTW. Last I checked the main focus of this was still achievements. I don't care how many hours you put on Fallout 4. An easy completion should be GOTY here, as far as I'm concerned.I definitely didn't choose mine based on easy completion. I'm guessing yours are all Telltale games and Life is Strange then?
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,571,068
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:31
    Sadly I can't put Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on this website cry
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,152,440
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:35
    Witcher 3 without question. I'm looking forward to submitting all my votes once I'm out of work today!
  • Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:37
    xPut Name Herex said:Sadly I can't put Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on this website cryI could. My bribing price is low too.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:39
    I would have given it to to MGSV as mechanically it was very good and very few times have i been able to play a game for 200+hours without getting distracted. The story being so clearly unfinished is why it will not receive my vote.

I have to give my vote to dishonored DE i know it was a re release but it was way better than Just cause 3 which was a disappointment and black ops 3 which is one of the worst cods.

Dishonored is endless fun and i was the first on site to complete it so also my biggest achievement right there.
  • Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:40
    dropK1CK ninJA said:xPut Name Herex said:Sadly I can't put Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on this website cryI could. My bribing price is low too.laugh toast
  • G0DLY 5NiPeRG0DLY 5NiPeR556,500
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:41
    Witcher 3 is #1, without any doubt. Fallout 4 and Halo 5 are up there on my list, but they just weren't as good.
    "If today were the last day of your life, would you want to do what you are about to do today?" - Steve Jobs
  • Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:45
    Halo 5 was a letdown. Haven't played Fallout 4 yet, but I can wait.

The winner is The Witcher 3, for sure.
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads