Game Discussion: Gears of War 3

Stat reset issue relevant on Xbox One?

• PIatinuhmPIatinuhm362,377
    Posted on 17 January 16 at 13:29, Edited on 17 January 16 at 13:32 by PIatinuhm
    So Gears 3 was/is notorious for its handling of stats on Xbox 360. Your entire stats and awards could reset from a number of different ways, and the only method to counter this unlucky glitch was to backup data on a USB.

So Is playing Gears 3 on Xbox One any different? Does the Gears 3 data get backed up on the cloud like any Xbox One game or does it only get stored locally on your consoles HDD?

I would assume if it saved and backed up data to the Cloud, then the stat reset possibility no longer becomes an issue. But I don't know how Xbox 360 game data is saved and stored on Xbox One :(
  • finallife6finallife61,782,894
    Posted on 17 January 16 at 17:55
    Now, I haven't confirmed it however, I would figure that it would be the exactly the same as if you played on the 360 only by using only the cloud but you can't transfer the file without having a 360 and monkeying around in storage there.

PS if it means anything I personally never had the stats reset (have Seriously 3.0)
  • count023count0231,010,052
    Posted on 18 April 16 at 02:12
    Stat reset is a server-side issue. Loading an old save game and playing around commits the old savegame stats to your server, thus triggering a reset.

So if your GOW3 save is not no the clound already and you start playing on a fresh profile on the bone, it'll reset all your stats. Your only way to fix it would be to reload the savegame from your 360 and play a round on that to sort it out.
  • raidenhardcoreraidenhardcore1,128,936
    Posted on 04 June 16 at 11:11
    I got stat reset today after a game freeze all was erased ribbons, onyx medals kills total wipeout 5 years of playing (1500 hrs) gears gone in a flash even though i followed steps on epic forums to prevent server overwrite with the corrupted data it did not help shit
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads