Game Discussion: Hand of Fate

Warning before beginning Wildcards Expansion

• ALollzALollz740,090
    Posted on 08 February 16 at 04:16, Edited on 11 February 16 at 21:01 by ALollz
    If you purchase Wildcards (or possibly start any of the non standard fates) then to unlock
    Hand of FateWell TravelledThe Well Travelled achievement in Hand of Fate worth 1072 pointsUnlock every encounter card.
    Hand of FateWell EquippedThe Well Equipped achievement in Hand of Fate worth 1072 pointsUnlock every equipment card.
    you will need to complete all of the new fate encounters, making it far more difficult to earn these achievements.

It appears that these achievements are coded so that they unlock when you have 100% of all items unlocked, as opposed to a list of specific items, so when the total number increases, so does the requirement for these achievements.

Edit: They unlocked as expected upon completing all Wildcard fates.
  • RemekiRemeki3,338,155
    Posted on 08 February 16 at 06:28
    I'll save you the trouble now and confirm it ALollz. I didn't get either of those until I completed all the encounters for the Wildcard fates, so it would be greatly encouraged to hold off downloading the dlc until you complete all the core game encounters. One would still need to clear the Apprentice and Warlord though since they aren't technically part of Wildcards.
  • ALollzALollz740,090
    Posted on 08 February 16 at 07:30, Edited on 08 February 16 at 16:18 by ALollz
    Well glad you can confirm. Let's hope my save doesn't get corrupted before I finish the last 2 fates I have left.

I'm so glad the final few fates I have are relatively painless. Iron Hunger and Warlord were absurdly rough. Warlord was likely me just having abysmal luck, and always landing on the card on the 2nd or 3rd level without the full set, or the card never showing up when I had the full set.

Iron Hunger was the same issue, 100 + ore and no card, or the card on level 2 wasting my time :k. I think Iron Hunger is the fist achievement on this site where I've made it into the top 10. And the expansion came out months ago.
  • RemekiRemeki3,338,155
    Posted on 09 February 16 at 02:00, Edited on 09 February 16 at 17:26 by Remeki
    ALollz said:Well glad you can confirm. Let's hope my save doesn't get corrupted before I finish the last 2 fates I have left.

I'm so glad the final few fates I have are relatively painless. Iron Hunger and Warlord were absurdly rough. Warlord was likely me just having abysmal luck, and always landing on the card on the 2nd or 3rd level without the full set, or the card never showing up when I had the full set.

Iron Hunger was the same issue, 100 + ore and no card, or the card on level 2 wasting my time :k. I think Iron Hunger is the fist achievement on this site where I've made it into the top 10. And the expansion came out months ago.
    I feel your pain with Warlord and Iron Hunger. Curse of the Lion Prince was the one I hated the most. Getting rid of the curse for the third encounter prior to finding it, assuming it was even in play, was a nightmare. Honestly, aside from Explore I can't really say I care for any of the added fates in Wildcards.
  • Posted on 09 February 16 at 13:27
    Thanks for the heads up
  • BAMMphilBAMMphil1,325,002
    Posted on 10 February 16 at 02:58
    Wtf why does it start the DLC quests without you having the dlc ....
    Does this mean im fucked now, because i started the kraken questline ?
    And i have to buy the dlc now, so i can 100% the game .. ?
  • The AllslayerThe Allslayer1,353,125
    Posted on 10 February 16 at 03:25
    BAMMphil said:Wtf why does it start the DLC quests without you having the dlc ....
    Does this mean im fucked now, because i started the kraken questline ?
    And i have to buy the dlc now, so i can 100% the game .. ?
    No the 2 Warlord, 2 Kraken, Apprentice and The Elder Lizard achievements are Title update achievements (which are required to get the "unlock every card" achievements) you only need the ones from the payed DLC if you buy it. Why TA doesn't have them listed as such I don't know.
    Posted on 10 February 16 at 03:37
    Hmm ok that clears things up a bit, thanks, eventhough i dont know excactly which achievements you mean, i guess ill find out by which quests i can access without buying the DLC .
    But doesnt the fact that TA lists them as DLC Achievements, unlock them as such and therefore i will have started it and have to buy it anyway ? ^^
  • The AllslayerThe Allslayer1,353,125
    Posted on 10 February 16 at 04:00
    For the purposes of TA yes, unless they remove the 6 achievements and put them under a Title Update. Although you haven't started the DLC yet as far TA is concerned as you haven't unlocked an ahievement from it (unless you haven't been scanned since). You're screwed either way as you can't complete the base game without those cards (the free ones)
    Posted on 10 February 16 at 04:11
    Great, i hate it when a game does that.
    But it seems fun enough and the DLC isnt that expensive, so i might buy it anyway.
    Eitherway thanks for your answers!
  • ALollzALollz740,090
    Posted on 10 February 16 at 04:41
    Lion Prince is good. All the others are mediocre.
    Posted on 10 February 16 at 18:42
    Oh ok, is the DLC a pain to complete ?
  • ALollzALollz740,090
    Posted on 10 February 16 at 19:08
    From the looks of it, Metal Mogul is the most difficult achievement in the entire game, so it's very difficult to complete all of the achievements. That likely will be everyone's final achievement.

The other fates are all fairly easy to complete, but just require time. You just need to run dungeons (Jack of Scales I found) with very few battle cards and hope you land on the new encounter card. Most are won by chance, or forfeiting items or gold.

As Remeki said, the Lion Prince is one of the more difficult ones, requiring you to land on the Soul Stone card to remove a curse and also increase your max health by 60 before landing on the encounter card. You have to battle a lot, so it takes a while to get everything to go your way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads