Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Homefront: The Revolution Details The Goliath Edition

• Posted on 04 March 16 at 15:10
    I don't know how people can get excited for this game after playing the beta. It was so bad, i would rather watch paint dry.
    NuBlue
  • Posted on 04 March 16 at 15:26
    NuBlue said:I don't know how people can get excited for this game after playing the beta. It was so bad, i would rather watch paint dry.Beta? More like an Alpha...But seriously I agree.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 March 16 at 15:27
    You had me at Counter-Insurgency! laugh
    TRUMP 2016!!!!….......... And I'm a Democrat.
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,173,132
    Posted on 04 March 16 at 15:43
    Lolllllll @ a season pass for THIS game. You gotta be shitting me!
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,098,357
    Posted on 04 March 16 at 16:01
    So many toys, so little cash!
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Lord MidasLord Midas412,986
    Posted on 04 March 16 at 16:04
    Rather than dicking around putting together a collectors edition for a game no one wants to buy, seeing as their beta was a shambles, they should concentrate on making a good game instead.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 March 16 at 16:14
    Lord Midas said:Rather than dicking around putting together a collectors edition for a game no one wants to buy, seeing as their beta was a shambles, they should concentrate on making a good game instead.1. I want to buy it
    2. ITS A FREAKING BETA!!!! DID YOU EXPECT MAGIC AND UNICORNS!?
  • Posted on 04 March 16 at 16:19
    The awful beta killed any chance of this game being a success.

It's going to tank. Badly.
    Take it sleazy
  • GrimaceTheGreyGrimaceTheGrey1,311,548
    Posted on 04 March 16 at 16:31
    Does it come with a game that isn't absolute garbage?
  • matdanmatdan862,284
    Posted on 04 March 16 at 16:35
    If they wanted to sell copies they would release a working beta to reassure people that the game wasn't going to be trash, guess they don't care. I will wait for the reviews and see if it gets slammed.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • GrimaceTheGreyGrimaceTheGrey1,311,548
    Posted on 04 March 16 at 16:36
    CounterInsurgnt said:Lord Midas said:Rather than dicking around putting together a collectors edition for a game no one wants to buy, seeing as their beta was a shambles, they should concentrate on making a good game instead.1. I want to buy it
    2. ITS A FREAKING BETA!!!! DID YOU EXPECT MAGIC AND UNICORNS!?
    Do you know what a beta is? It is a near finished product. If that was an alpha build... sure. The graphics, gameplay, and other bullshit are not going to be magically better at launch.

We did not expect magic and Unicorns no, but we do expect a product that will impress. Don't use the word beta, like the game is suppose to be broken and awful because it is a beta... that isn't how it works.
  • USMC 90 95USMC 90 95724,614
    Posted on 04 March 16 at 16:42
    I'm usually not one that complains much about the beta's, but this one gave me a lot of doubts about whether this will be a good finished product or not. I am leaning towards not picking this up now.
  • WyyvernWyyvern800,723
    Posted on 04 March 16 at 16:50
    Pre-orders and retail exclusivity both need to die.

Unfortunately there are too many braindead people at the moment who buy into things like this...
    This signature does not exist. Also, dragons.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 March 16 at 17:01
    This game is going to bomb and I hope it kills Deep Silver like it killed THQ
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV3,200,576
    Posted on 04 March 16 at 17:20
    Well I've said it before but this beta was from an early build and someone I know played it 2 months or so ago and absolutely loved it. I was gona get it day 1 but season pass?!. Nah ill wait. Does every retail release need a season pass?!
  • CanaDa FwendCanaDa Fwend599,592
    Posted on 04 March 16 at 17:49
    You people suck. A beta is not supposed to be a nearly finished product. That's just what we have come to expect in recent years because companies have been using it as a tool to sell extra pre orders just before release. The intent of a beta is supposed to give developers direction on improvements that need to be made well before release. There is no reason to believe that this is not happening now. Obviously that was a mistake because the gaming community is to incompetent and expects a finished product ON A SECONDARY MODE 5 months prior to release.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,098,357
    Posted on 04 March 16 at 18:17, Edited on 04 March 16 at 19:16 by Shinnizle
    CanaDa Fwend said:You people suck. A beta is not supposed to be a nearly finished product. That's just what we have come to expect in recent years because companies have been using it as a tool to sell extra pre orders just before release. The intent of a beta is supposed to give developers direction on improvements that need to be made well before release. There is no reason to believe that this is not happening now. Obviously that was a mistake because the gaming community is to incompetent and expects a finished product ON A SECONDARY MODE 5 months prior to release.Erm... may I remind you that the game ships May 17th in North America? Moreover, they can't even touch the game anymore a few weeks before that for the rest of the process to go down well (printing, shipping and whatnot). So that leaves them 3 months at best to fix whichever flaw they thought a Beta would bring forth. Clearly, a beta, in this instance at the very least, is supposed to be near-finished product.

No developer will ever have just an alpha version this late in the development cycle. It's just not feasible. Your qualm about us "sucking" makes absolutely no sense in this context.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 March 16 at 19:12
    I've read two completely false beta comments here.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 March 16 at 19:30
    Wyyvern said:Pre-orders and retail exclusivity both need to die.

Unfortunately there are too many braindead people at the moment who buy into things like this...
    I understand the 2nd part part but why do you care so much about people pre-ordering games.

lol
    t-t-t-today junior
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads