Game Discussion: Halo 2 (GFWL)

Need advice. Is there a download for H2 PC?

• Posted on 07 March 16 at 06:20
    I want to complete Halo 2 PC as soon as possible. I would rather download a copy than wait for it to come in the mail.

I also don't want to spend $30 on this game. I've seen it on amazon for upwards to $50 and as low as $20. I'm not assured a working product key either.

I've looked into torrents. But I don't feel right doing that.

Any advice?
    Aliyah
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,670,052
    Posted on 07 March 16 at 06:23
    The game was only made available on disc. Even the Games for Winodws marketplace didn't have it.
  • YaziteYazite494,145
    Posted on 07 March 16 at 09:16
    Physical copy is your only chance.

Apparently each copy only has a working code that can be used twice, which is why used copies most likely won't work. Incredibly I managed to find a brand new copy for only £45.

Oh and the multiplayer achievements are currently discontinued due to the servers being down.
    Laugh it up, fuzzball.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj254,421
    Posted on 06 April 16 at 06:57, Edited on 06 April 16 at 08:53 by Yazite
    Any key from a early GFWL title should work in activating it, so if you own one then you should be good.

As already said servers are down for multiplayer with no word on when and if they'll be back up.
    I think they will come back at some point but I've been wrong about server stuff in the past.
  • AYBBTUAYBBTU14,956
    Posted on 09 April 16 at 05:05, Edited on 09 April 16 at 05:22 by AYBBTU
    Dont Listen to the BS Being Spouted here... I Have Installed and Reinstalled this game Almost 20 times. It will have proper keys if you Buy it from AMAZON and it can be reinstalled as many times as you need. (http://www.amazon.com/Halo-2-PC/dp/B000NV8F58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=...)
    (Seriously.. 20 bucks is to much for you?!?!?!? Just don't order Dominoes this week.... Halo 2 is worth WAY more than 1 Pizza!)

Just don't share keys and make sure you run the update tool from the games for windows/ halo 2 folder before you go on line... and once you start the game, YES you want to update live as many times as it asks for... until its done. It takes about 10 to 15 updates before it's ready to play and lets you sign in.

And Multiplayer achievements ARE Available on live, but you have to to it LANPARTY style.... eg: 2 computers or more over a network and be playing the classic rules (no game or game type Mods!)
  • mcnichojmcnichoj254,421
    Posted on 10 April 16 at 01:29
    AYBBTU said:And Multiplayer achievements ARE Available on live, but you have to to it LANPARTY style.... eg: 2 computers or more over a network and be playing the classic rules (no game or game type Mods!)Has this been confirmed? I know people theorized it but no one ever said it as fact.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,670,052
    Posted on 10 April 16 at 02:13
    Yea until someone actually unlocks something in LAN play after the servers went down, I'd call it not possible.
  • LvxLvx401,520
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 13:29
    AYBBTU said:And Multiplayer achievements ARE Available on live, but you have to to it LANPARTY style.... eg: 2 computers or more over a network and be playing the classic rules (no game or game type Mods!)As far as I know this isn't true. The achievement need to be in LIVE matches, not in LAN ones.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl249,846
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 21:10
    My RAM upgrade just came in the mail today so if all goes well I'll probably give LAN play (over virtual machines) a try this weekend and report back.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads