Forum for the Zombie Event 2016 Event

Ultimate Head to Head 2016 - Discussion

• Posted on 14 March 16 at 15:48
    Please post in here any discussion on the Ultimate Head to Head Contest 2016

How does your Period 1 list look?

Hopefully a good spread of easy-hard achievements in there!
  • SpilnerSpilner1,135,172
    Posted on 14 March 16 at 16:03
    Not a bad list but I cant see me doing many since the easy ones are story ones from games I gave up on and the harder are well hard laugh

Ill try get a couple of them at least, got a week off to try soon/
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • matdanmatdan843,635
    Posted on 14 March 16 at 16:18
    Anyone else finding some of the fonts on the checklist hard to read with the dark theme?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 March 16 at 16:29
    As if I got paired up with my brother! :P
  • SpilnerSpilner1,135,172
    Posted on 14 March 16 at 16:34
    matdan12 said:Anyone else finding some of the fonts on the checklist hard to read with the dark theme?Fix pending update already, im pretty certain not the discussion Rich wanted though.
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Posted on 14 March 16 at 16:43, Edited on 14 March 16 at 16:43 by TrueAchievement
    FYI a new Head to Head Stats Page has now been added, and the live achievement feed at the bottom of that page is now only showing UHH achievement wins smile
  • Gaz NCFCGaz NCFC684,454
    Posted on 14 March 16 at 17:11
    Yep not really going to hit many if any of mine co/op and rhythm games come back to bite me oh well :-)
  • Posted on 14 March 16 at 17:13
    Gaz NCFC said:Yep not really going to hit many if any of mine co/op and rhythm games come back to bite me oh well :-)I managed to pull 3 of those too!

We have set it so we hope most people can at least get a few. We are not expecting anyone to get all twenty!
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,993,285
    Posted on 14 March 16 at 18:00
    Plenty of people will hit all 20. Even my list doesn't look too bad. It'll be interesting too see the spread after week one. Follow-up stats thread would be great.
    Mame Tobikomi!
  • KungFuStu72KungFuStu721,616,814
    Posted on 14 March 16 at 18:39
    I've been trawling through my list trying to find something to complain about, some unfair match up where my opponent has nearly completed a game I've hardly started. But if anything he's got more reason for complaint than me so I've got to say a big well done on all your set up work.

I just wish I'd disowned Boom Boom Rocket. "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Award" - noooooo!
  • Skeptical MarioSkeptical Mario1,238,059
    Posted on 14 March 16 at 18:40, Edited on 14 March 16 at 18:42 by Skeptical Mario
    I someone with more time could get all 20 in my matchup. It's not nearly as bad as I was expecting. It's still too early to tell, of course, but I expect to see a lot of scores in the 8-13 range.

On that stats page, it's nice to see the numbers for the most-won achievements. I'd also like to see how many times each achievement was selected, and what the unlock rate on all of them are.
  • Posted on 14 March 16 at 18:54
    I got a shit ton of downloading just for this
    World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)Driver's EdThe Driver's Ed achievement in World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360) worth 11 pointsPass Basic Training.
    warning
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
  • angelskangelsk1,398,996
    Posted on 14 March 16 at 23:17, Edited on 14 March 16 at 23:18 by angelsk
    Wishing I'd disowned Sonic as I suck at that game; as someone said above my opponent has a much harder time than I with the list we have - most of the time it's the next achievement for me to win; and they've just dived/ not started the game. That said, couple of new games in there and some potential time consuming-ness. We'll see how it goes. Done 1/20 so far :)

Edit: At least I'm almost done with PvZ:GW2 otherwise would have had an issue this week ;) Easter (if I make it that far) will be fun.
  • rekikirerekikire2,082,612
    Posted on 15 March 16 at 00:11
    Thanks everyone who was involved in organising this.

My list looks really good. A couple of really grindy achievements. One where I got lucky and it's in the game I started on the weekend and I'm only an hour or so from hitting that part of the game. The rest are pretty easy.
  • ALollzALollz748,922
    Posted on 15 March 16 at 00:19
    I'm thinking that by week 4 or 5 a lot of the low ratio achievements may be washed up, which could make the "easy" achievements even moderately difficult or time consuming.

I've seen people post absurdly easy lists where half of the achievements are 2.0 achievement with a nice 4.7 one in Zheros. I like it :D.

Perhaps I'll just start going through all of my lowest TA achievements that way whoever goes against me gets punished with a horrible list with a minimum ratio of 1.5 :D
  • Empty DEmpty D760,745
    Posted on 15 March 16 at 00:35
    I've got two "Complete Career" achievements for 2 different music games, 3 that come so late in their games I'll get at least 6 story-related achievements before I reach them, and 1 that pretty much requires me to beat Final Fantasy XIII-2. And at least 2 I've never been able to get no matter how hard I tried.
  • JamPound32JamPound321,395,495
    Posted on 15 March 16 at 00:36
    Because of my philosophy of do the multiplayer and leave the single player for another day, my list is all ''easy''. No achievements above a 2 ratio but if I was to get them all I would need to start 17 different campaigns. laugh
  • HmizzzHmizzz595,932
    Posted on 15 March 16 at 00:45
    Not a bad list at all, the problem is that I just don't have the time to play laugh
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/zRaijin.png
  • Posted on 15 March 16 at 01:03
    Spilner said:
    Not a bad list but I cant see me doing many since the easy ones are story ones from games I gave up on and the harder are well hard laugh

Ill try get a couple of them at least, got a week off to try soon/
    Same here. Quite a few of my achievements are story related and I no longer have the save files (for the ones I played). I don't think I'm up for replaying these games to get to those achievements.

One is from Blue Dragon (which I haven't started yet). I looked up the solution and it says, "You can get this achievement at the end of disc 1". WHAT!? DISC 1? That game has multiple discs? That sounds like its going to take a long time.
  • Dale BaldwinDale Baldwin3,590,818
    Posted on 15 March 16 at 01:06
    Ugh, my list is suggesting I play Zheros. Not a bad 20 overall, although I won't be getting them all.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads