The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: March 22nd, 2016

• rocking23nfrocking23nf671,263
    Posted on 23 March 16 at 13:54
    lego lord of the rings for 4.99 is insane value if you even remotely enjoy the lord of the rings movies.
  • BronsolinoBronsolino170,043
  • Posted on 23 March 16 at 14:07
    Bonien2 said:There is spring sale for Windows 10 too :)
    Oxenfree - $14.99/ was $19.99
    Fire: Ungh's Quest - $4.49/ was $9.99
    Halo: Spartan Strike - $2.99/ was $5.99
    Halo: Spartan Assault - $2.49/ was $4.99

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/springgame...
    Too bad it's only for Windows 10. Would definitely pick up the Halo: Spartan series for that price if it was for Windows 8.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 March 16 at 14:09
    Hmmm, a few possibilities...
  • matdanmatdan862,275
    Posted on 23 March 16 at 14:24
    Spilner said:matdan12 said:Spilner said:SpecOp3 said:"The Backwards Compatible version of Borderlands also includes all of its DLC."

I'm confused, does that mean the Borderlands downloaded for my Xbox One to work using BC will have all DLC? Or do I have to purchase each DLC on the website (which shows a price) like I had to for the game itself (which did come up as free)
    The DLC appears in the ready to install list within the game's management in your 'my games nad app' section
    Incorrect. There is no attached DLC, when you download the BC game it is part of the main package so no extra parts.
    Explain to me why there is General knoxx and Claptraps rev on my HDD as separate items then, champ.

Only Ned and Moxxi is in the main install/
    I have both versions installed and neither has any odd DLC attachments or individually listed DLC. Only way it would appear like that is if you installed the DLC because you bought it before or had the GoTY disc installed. Otherwise they won't be there champ.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 March 16 at 14:27
    Dang... Some nice sales here - Might pick me up a few to add to the back-log clap
    A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
  • Holy Murderer5Holy Murderer51,154,200
    Posted on 23 March 16 at 14:37
    Why dont they seem to put dlc/season passes on sale seperatly anymore? Its always either the base game or a bundle containing the lot. What about the guys who already bought the game Micro$oft?
    I will not demand an answer but i will expect one
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon534,532
    Posted on 23 March 16 at 14:48
    Meh. This sale does not live up to all the hype and promotion. A lot of the same stuff on sale and not a lot of XBLA or DLC. Although I am still getting Isaac. :)
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am. Also an XBLA completion addict and Terraria Master.
  • Posted on 23 March 16 at 15:01
    AcE ViCTiMiZER said:Bonien2 said:There is spring sale for Windows 10 too :)
    Oxenfree - $14.99/ was $19.99
    Fire: Ungh's Quest - $4.49/ was $9.99
    Halo: Spartan Strike - $2.99/ was $5.99
    Halo: Spartan Assault - $2.49/ was $4.99

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/springgame...
    Too bad it's only for Windows 10. Would definitely pick up the Halo: Spartan series for that price if it was for Windows 8.
    Both Halo's should be playable on Windows 8 without any problems. They were made for Windows 8 and are compatible with Windows 10.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,358
    Posted on 23 March 16 at 15:05
    Maybe the sale prices only show on Win10 and that's what they're on about?
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Posted on 23 March 16 at 15:30
    I haven't even looked at the message that way laugh I have Windows 10 so that may be a possibility smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 March 16 at 15:56
    A lot of sales but only one deal for me: Battleblock Theater.
    Paying 7,19 € is a lot for an Xbox live arcade game, at least for my standards (I rarely pay for any game more than 10 €) but it seems a fun game.
    I was also interested in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit but a couple of days ago I bought a used copy of that game paying more or less 6 €, shipping included.
  • ZemidekZemidek369,802
    Posted on 23 March 16 at 17:04
    Time to pick up RE5 dlc
    Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 23 March 16 at 17:15
    AkSoV said:Not to create a debate around here, but I've actually never ever met somebody with a silver account, I mean IRL. That's why I don't really include them (I'm sure they exist somewhere tho)In 10 years I have only paid for 1 years Gold!

However, in 10 years I have only met 1 gamer from my friends list IRL!

Happy 10th Anniversary Xbox 360 for yesterday. We have had some good times together haven't we, but it seems like only yesterday when we first met, when I picked you up from that store in town and took you back to my place.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 23 March 16 at 17:18
    Da Lukinator said:Telltale collection at that price? Yay or nay? Never played any of them.Definitely yay. Tales from the Borderlands, Walking Dead: Season 1, and The Wolf Among Us have some of the best video game narratives I've ever experienced. Unfortunately for my wallet, I bought the bundle at full price. Worth it!
    War...war never changes.
  • Posted on 23 March 16 at 17:23
    Kennyannydenny said:
    I haven't even looked at the message that way laugh I have Windows 10 so that may be a possibility smile
    Yes, that's what I meant. The discount only applies to Windows 10 users unfortunately.
  • Posted on 23 March 16 at 17:29
    CRISTIAMUZ said:Time to pick up RE5 dlcSame. Fun base game. Hope the DLC is good, too!
    War...war never changes.
  • Posted on 23 March 16 at 17:32
    I'm guessing DLC Sales are now a thing of the past
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 23 March 16 at 17:32, Edited on 23 March 16 at 17:35 by HolyHalfDead
    Kennyannydenny said:
    togethawiistand said:
    Any sales on Windows Phone games? Why aren't those posted anymore?
    That's because the Red Stripe Deals mostly do not contain any Xbox enabled games anymore. There is actually a sale going on as you can see in the link above. They did put a lot of games that have always been free in there, but at least there's Halo: Spartan Strike and Halo: Spartan Assault for your phone smile
    Anyone with a Windows Phone 10 able to confirm they see the sale price? If not you will need to buy it on Windows 10 first then install it on your phone.

• WINDOWS 10

Spring/Autumn Sale until 28th March 2016
    Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows) (includes Halo: Spartan Assault (WP)) 50% off (discount applies to Windows 10 devices only)
    Halo: Spartan Strike (Windows) (includes Halo: Spartan Strike (WP)) 50% off (discount applies to Windows 10 devices only)
    OXENFREE 25% off

Limited Time Offers
    Fire: Ungh's Quest (Windows) 55% off until 30th March 2016

Taken from HolyHalfDead's Blog
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • darkmafia99darkmafia991,678,340
    Posted on 23 March 16 at 17:40
    Haha well my credit card is breathing a sigh of relief this week, picked up beyond eyes (unique experience and easy 1000G) and Zombiiiiii last week

My backlog is also thanking me, would have grabbed Lego The Hobbit, but $10 is a bit much, considering it will be 5 at some predictable point in the future

May grab Bully as it has been ages (8 years today pretty much...damn) since I played it and looks like I have 405 GS I could grab from it still, just add it to my after the GTASC playlist

In case anyone has missed it, Dark Souls is BC
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads