Talk about TrueAchievements

General chat about all things TA

Achievement streak unfairly lost

• Posted on 30 March 16 at 16:56, Edited on 30 March 16 at 17:42 by XCaptainMexico
    I know there probably isn't a whole lot that anyone can do but i'd like to at least ask. So I work two jobs that have long hours during the weed days. Yesterday 3/29/16 I worked from 6am my time to 4pm and then I had other real world things to deal with, so I get home around 7pm my time. At this time I still had not gotten an achievement, so I log onto sleeping dogs and travel around to all of the different districts within the city. The achievement is called Man Around Town, by the time I got this achievement it was around 7:30pm and so i moved on to working on some battlefield hardline achievements. The achievement was shown as unlocked on the new achievement app on the left side of the screen, I made the unfortunant mistake of not actually checking the right had side of the screen achievements that you actually have to snap. So this morning I wake up and check the sites news and check on my streak and it was ended, I got on sleeping dogs and the achievement actually popped this morning 3/30/16, it should have unlocked yesterday like the new achievement app said it had. Is there anything that can be down about this flaw. I know its mainly xbox's fault for not having a decent unlocked system for xbox one achievements. This streak means a lot to me, 218 days doesn't seem fair to lose just because the xbox is having problems.
  • CauseCause484,502
    Posted on 30 March 16 at 17:51, Edited on 30 March 16 at 17:53 by Cause
    Unfortunately, Microsoft has been screwing us with achievements since the One's release. This doesn't surprise me one bit to be honest. Sorry for your loss cry

Edit: To answer your question, I am not sure if there is anything that can be done on the TA side of things, most likely not though.
    Grammar Nazi. I do it for the posts.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,149,205
    Posted on 30 March 16 at 18:04
    Walls of text are hard to read
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • JumboWarioJumboWario1,127,507
    Posted on 30 March 16 at 19:59
    Spilner said:Walls of text are hard to readtl;dr - Unlocked an achievement at 7:30pm local time. Showed up on 'new' achievement app. Did not check on old snappable app. Snappable app said it unlocked on the next morning. Streak lost. Xbox One achievements are dumb.
    Game On.
  • Posted on 30 March 16 at 20:55
    Pretty much, I just want an xbox update to fix the terrible way they do achievements. Thanks guys.
  • ALollzALollz761,278
    Posted on 30 March 16 at 21:52, Edited on 30 March 16 at 21:53 by ALollz
    XCaptainMexico said:Pretty much, I just want an xbox update to fix the terrible way they do achievements. Thanks guys.It seems like a pretty good system to me. Xbox 360 had tons of ways to mod and cheat. And short of making blatant mistakes unlocking multiplayer achievements offline it's very difficult to prove guilt. So I'm sure there are tons of cheated achievements being counted on this site currently. These exploits don't exist on the One (at least to my knowledge) because all achievements need to be verified by a server.

I'll take integrity over a hiccup every now and then. But perhaps I'm too biased because I've never really encountered any issues with XB1 achievements.
  • Posted on 30 March 16 at 23:19
    I've had dozens of problems with the achievement app on the xbox one. I cant tell you amount of times it's said "done unlocking!" For months at a time, especially with halo the master chief collection.
  • Posted on 31 March 16 at 12:09, Edited on 31 March 16 at 12:10 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    Yes the xbox one achievement system is completely flawed. They should have a local system and an online system that interact with each other rather than this 'done unlocking' nonsense as I have had this for over 2 months now with no unlock. It would also stop situations like the above from happening..

Is there anything that can be done about it now? Sadly not.
  • Posted on 31 March 16 at 15:11
    Had the same issue, 109 days lost. Still have cheevs stuck on unlocking, nothing i do gets it to unlock
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 March 16 at 16:55, Edited on 31 March 16 at 16:56 by
    Since I lost a big streak before due to being kicked offline and not realising. I now ensure my streak is active now by checking TA. It is the only way to do it from now on.

Unlucky but start again mate. I did and have surpassed the original streak x4
  • Posted on 31 March 16 at 18:44
    I was shooting for a year long streak, oh well. Ya I'll just surpass my old one.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 March 16 at 19:06
    XCaptainMexico said:I was shooting for a year long streak, oh well. Ya I'll just surpass my old one.Have you kept your Streak going in case there is a fix? I'm sure Spilner knows a way of unlocking an achievement on a Windows phone with the date set for your missed day. Message him because I know he has suggested this somewhere before.
    Posted on 31 March 16 at 19:12
    No I have not, I'm aware of it but I don't specifically know how to do it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 March 16 at 19:26
    Someone has. Sorry I assumed it was you. I'll check the forums and see if I can find out
  • ZalexzyZalexzy2,707,656
    Posted on 31 March 16 at 19:28
    Go offline with phone. Change date to when you want achievement. Pop achievement. Close/kill game. Go online, start game.
  • Tao LogosTao Logos904,384
    Posted on 31 March 16 at 20:53
    Zalexzy said:Go offline with phone. Change date to when you want achievement. Pop achievement. Close/kill game. Go online, start game.Seems like this may violate some ToS or another. Definitely feels like cheating.
    Posted on 31 March 16 at 21:04
    Nope
  • ZalexzyZalexzy2,707,656
    Posted on 01 April 16 at 00:15
    Tao Logos said:Zalexzy said:Go offline with phone. Change date to when you want achievement. Pop achievement. Close/kill game. Go online, start game.Seems like this may violate some ToS or another. Definitely feels like cheating.Ah, what kind of ToS or another says you cannot play offline with your phone and accidentally have wrong date on it?
  • drabikdrabik376,476
    Posted on 01 April 16 at 14:42
    Tao Logos said:Zalexzy said:Go offline with phone. Change date to when you want achievement. Pop achievement. Close/kill game. Go online, start game.Seems like this may violate some ToS or another. Definitely feels like cheating.If you do this, Microsoft will issue a warrant for your arrest. You'll be lucky to get out with less than 1 year. It's your risk.
    [20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads