The flame is dying and so are you

Please click here to read the story: Dark Souls III Review
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 April 16 at 16:51
    clap
  • NBA KirklandNBA Kirkland2,072,361
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 16:58
    People adore marmite? laugh Seems unlikely. Can anyone confirm?
    @NBAKirkland
  • MegsonGroveMegsonGrove472,716
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 17:00
    NBA Kirkland said:
    I can confirm my dad definitely adores it. Loves the stufflaugh

Anyway, fab review! Can't wait to getting around to playing this at some point toast
  • vSullyvSully1,297,489
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 17:02
    If this isn't GotY, it's hopeless.
  • YaziteYazite494,417
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 17:07
    NBA Kirkland said:
    I'll have you know that I love the stuff! smile
    Laugh it up, fuzzball.
  • HurballHurball492,921
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 17:12
    I loved Dark Souls 1, but never got around to playing 2 - in part because part of what made the first game so great was its intertwining layout, which from reviews wasn't the case in the second game. The second game didn't seem to have the same feel as the first one. More of the same, but not quite as memorable.

Anyone who's played DS3 - how does it compare in regards to DS1 vs DS2? And is it worth playing despite missing DS2?
  • IsThisDustinIsThisDustin163,697
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 17:36
    Hurball said:I loved Dark Souls 1, but never got around to playing 2 - in part because part of what made the first game so great was its intertwining layout, which from reviews wasn't the case in the second game. The second game didn't seem to have the same feel as the first one. More of the same, but not quite as memorable.

Anyone who's played DS3 - how does it compare in regards to DS1 vs DS2? And is it worth playing despite missing DS2?
    It's linear like Dark Souls 1 if that's what you're asking. For the most part the bosses are quite easy but the actual levels are hard as hell.
  • Posted on 11 April 16 at 18:11, Edited on 11 April 16 at 18:11 by Limerent Death
    GIVE ME THIS GAME ALREADY!

Been pre-loaded for over 2 weeks. Growl. Midnight can't come soon enough.
  • Facial La FleurFacial La Fleur1,664,451
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 18:13
    Inconsistent difficulty
    git gud headspin
  • SethModeSethMode540,402
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 20:01
    Man, Dark Souls 2 is fucking great and way better than 1. Yeah, I said it shock
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo329,411
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 20:18
    It is a shame the game isn't more open-ended in terms of exploration. The twists and turns and interconnected-ness of DS1 certainly was lacking in DSII.

I was afraid of having to go back to a hub to level up in DSIII but not too many people have issues with this I see.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 20:53, Edited on 11 April 16 at 20:54 by IsThisDustin
    SethMode said:
    Man, Dark Souls 2 is fucking great and way better than 1. Yeah, I said it shock
    I just don't really understand the whole argument people have with Dark Souls 2 not being a good game. It's less linear than Dark Souls, has more weapons, armor, bosses, more everything. Is it because Miyazaki didn't work on it? It is the easiest Souls game I agree, but it's in no way worse than Dark Souls.
  • Apocalypse KaneApocalypse Kane2,065,129
    Posted on 11 April 16 at 21:30
    clap
    Always do your best with honor and courage without compromise.
  • FleshwritherFleshwrither881,442
    Posted on 12 April 16 at 01:25
    rock Tomorrow I shall once again rock an awesome game like all the Souls rock
  • TA SamTA Sam253,671
    Posted on 12 April 16 at 04:57
    Never played any of them but I have briefly seen Dark Souls ll gameplay and it looks cool, so maybe I'll check it out. I hear of hem being incredibly hard. I take it they are very hard to complete as well? I love a great game, and I'll play a great game even if the achievements are daunting, but I just hope it isn't, next-to-impossible to complete or anything like that.
    Sam, your friendly GoW cheevo booster :)
  • Posted on 12 April 16 at 05:20, Edited on 12 April 16 at 05:24 by PainfulLegacy
    DS3 is the only game I've been willing to pre-order and pay the full retail price for, in like a year and a half. Nothing else being released even compares to these games.
    Posted on 12 April 16 at 05:43
    TA Sam said:Never played any of them but I have briefly seen Dark Souls ll gameplay and it looks cool, so maybe I'll check it out. I hear of hem being incredibly hard. I take it they are very hard to complete as well? I love a great game, and I'll play a great game even if the achievements are daunting, but I just hope it isn't, next-to-impossible to complete or anything like that.It's just time consuming with leveling up covenants and collecting all spells.
  • Posted on 12 April 16 at 07:45
    Facial La Fleur said:
    Inconsistent difficulty
    git gud headspin
    I hate how people say that as if you don't get stabbed through a wall...often...
  • lord verhlord verh176,113
    Posted on 12 April 16 at 08:03
    What does 'linear' mean in the Dark Souls context?

I also wonder whether DS3 is as well interlinked with ladders and elevators in stead of fast travel like DS1?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads