Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption

Read Dead Redemption 2?!?!

• AhayzoAhayzo1,672,562
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 20:07
    Real and final are two very different things Evandalist. It may very well be some quick mockup a guy made for his boss. In progress projects are always gonna have at least some crappy looking work that's not meant to be final.
  • Posted on 20 April 16 at 21:11, Edited on 20 April 16 at 21:13 by CrAzEdCaNuCk18
    It may be my inner conspiracy theorist slipping out but i think the map was "leaked" on purpose to see how much of a buzz is created.

I for one would love another Red dead. Really enjoyed the first ones.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,125,500
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 21:14
    Really? R* don''t need to test that. RD3 is one the most commonly mentioned games on wishlists etc.
  • Posted on 20 April 16 at 21:35
    Why spend money on advertising when you can "leak" a map and let the internet run wild with speculation? Best free advertising ever.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,672,562
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 22:09
    They don't need a map for that. Just someone to say "Really? Dumbass? Really? Two." and people lost their minds laugh
    Posted on 20 April 16 at 22:12
    Haha, I remember that.
  • EvandalistEvandalist451,829
    Posted on 21 April 16 at 02:41, Edited on 21 April 16 at 02:43 by Evandalist
    alklein92201 said:Real and final are two very different things Evandalist. It may very well be some quick mockup a guy made for his boss. In progress projects are always gonna have at least some crappy looking work that's not meant to be final. I never said it was final.

I'm saying that even an initial mockup from Rockstar would look a hell of a lot more professional than this supposed leak. This looks like the work of a 12 year old in MS paint.

Also, I'm still waiting on that source that confirms it's real.
    Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,672,562
    Posted on 21 April 16 at 03:37
    link hidden wink

I think you're overreacting on the quality of the map. Outside of the water (I assume that's the blue) it doesn't look bad at all for something not final.
  • DCM7734DCM7734220,637
    Posted on 21 April 16 at 04:03
    alklein92201 said:
    link hidden wink

I think you're overreacting on the quality of the map. Outside of the water (I assume that's the blue) it doesn't look bad at all for something not final.
    Where's the damned post rating system when you need it? clap
    Bah Humbug.
    Posted on 21 April 16 at 08:27
    alklein92201 said:
    link hidden wink

It is not confirmed. One media outlet said according to their source. Source has not been stated. Could be a lie.
  • EvandalistEvandalist451,829
    Posted on 21 April 16 at 19:59, Edited on 21 April 16 at 20:09 by Evandalist
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    alklein92201 said:
    link hidden wink

It is not confirmed. One media outlet said according to their source. Source has not been stated. Could be a lie.
    This.

"According to our source" means nothing if the source isn't named and confirmed.

That said, I've known a new game in the Red Dead series has been an actual project at Rockstar for like two years now. A buddy of mine here on TA's cousin works at a studio that Rockstar outsources voice work and animation to and they were beginning work on another western game for them as of two years ago.

So it's not that I don't believe that a new game is coming. It's that I'm skeptical that it'd be anywhere near close to release in only two short years. Also, the history of "Rockstar leaks" has been pretty fucking sketchy since the PS1 era. Most of the "leaks" have been proven false time and time again, so I'm still not buying this until either Rockstar themselves or a studio that contracts with them comes out and claims responsibility for it.
    Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
  • Posted on 21 April 16 at 20:21
    That would largely depend on the number of people working on it. Looking at R* having multiple studios around the world and they outsource some of the content, I am not surprised if they're quite far in two years.

There doesn't have to be a large number of people working the GTA online stuff, now that it is running. However, there's quite a number of people who also want to see "Agent" coming out, and I don't recall R* officially stating that one's gone.
    gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
    Posted on 21 April 16 at 20:35
    Agent has no press since 09, can't see it coming. Plus, it was announced as PS3 Exclusive.
  • Posted on 21 April 16 at 20:48
    Agreed, but so was The Last Guardian. At E3 two years ago, it was even put on hold/hiatus. It's back on track according to press releases. I haven't done any research but if R* owns the IP, there's a chance it was put on hold for a long time due to other games that gathered more interest.
    gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
  • Posted on 22 April 16 at 11:46
    alklein92201 said:I'm just curious, why does everyone call it Red Dead Redemption 2? The series is Red Dead, and it's the third game...Such a hipster comment.... Technically it could be red dead 3 or red dead redemption 2.... Either way is correct until the title is confirmed :)
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • CyberSh3ffCyberSh3ff307,732
    Posted on 22 April 16 at 13:13
    Revolver and Redemption are two of my favourite games - I can't wait for whatever they come up with next!
    "Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability? You rise, only to fall."
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,672,562
    Posted on 24 April 16 at 21:31
    EaseAndInspire said:
    alklein92201 said:
    I'm just curious, why does everyone call it Red Dead Redemption 2? The series is Red Dead, and it's the third game...
    Such a hipster comment.... Technically it could be red dead 3 or red dead redemption 2.... Either way is correct until the title is confirmed :)
    laugh Do you know what a hipster is?

Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't correct if it's as connected as the first two. It could be correct, but Red Dead 3 is the only one that would definitely be right - well, unless you would call Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Revolver 2 wink
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads