Game Discussion: King's Quest (Xbox 360)

King's Quest Chapter 1 Free on 360?

• ChickenbeanChickenbean816,456
    Posted on 27 April 16 at 22:09
    Knowing me it is directly in front of me, but I can't seem to find King's Quest chapter 1 on the Xbox 360 store. I was able to download for free on my xbox one, so I know the sales are in place. Anyone know how to find it on 360?
  • JumboWarioJumboWario1,114,931
  • ChickenbeanChickenbean816,456
    Posted on 28 April 16 at 10:42
    Cheers!
  • JessicaDabitJessicaDabit176,145
    Posted on 30 April 16 at 02:51
    Anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements on the free chapter?
  • Mike731Mike731880,932
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 11:31
    The link above still works as of today clap
  • romisthebestromisthebest698,923
    Posted on 13 May 16 at 08:26
    I picked this up free today (Chapter 1) on the 360. Before I start the game, can anyone confirm that I've understood correctly:
    - there is 1000G to be earned in 4-5 hours in Chapter 1 alone (free)
    - then there's 200G per subsequent chapter (2 additional chapters - not free)
    I'm asking because there is no review or walkthrough on this site. It's also surprising to have 1000G in the 1st chapter and 200G in the next ones! (I'm used to the Telltale games where there's always 200G per chapter, with usually 5 chapters for the total 1000G).
  • Se4nzZ WoRLdSe4nzZ WoRLd519,640
    Posted on 24 June 16 at 20:27, Edited on 24 June 16 at 20:28 by Se4nzZ WoRLd
    romisthebest said:I picked this up free today (Chapter 1) on the 360. Before I start the game, can anyone confirm that I've understood correctly:
    I'm asking because there is no review or walkthrough on this site. It's also surprising to have 1000G in the 1st chapter and 200G in the next ones! (I'm used to the Telltale games where there's always 200G per chapter, with usually 5 chapters for the total 1000G).
    I can confirm that you there is 1000GS achievable for the first chapter of this game and it is free. You do need to download 2 compatibility packs and chapter 1 in order to play chapter 1, all of which is free.

I don't know about the DLC though, I am not going to be purchasing it.

The 1000GS is relatively easy and can be done in about 4-5 hours.
  • romisthebestromisthebest698,923
    Posted on 09 November 16 at 13:22
    Se4nzZ WoRLd said:
    romisthebest said:
    I picked this up free today (Chapter 1) on the 360. Before I start the game, can anyone confirm that I've understood correctly:
    I can confirm that you there is 1000GS achievable for the first chapter of this game and it is free. You do need to download 2 compatibility packs and chapter 1 in order to play chapter 1, all of which is free.

Thanks! :)
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too2,079,902
    Posted on 16 September 17 at 21:32
    Se4nzZ WoRLd said:
    romisthebest said:

you're really missing out guy.
    Everything will be fine in the End... If it's not fine... Then it's not the End...
  • lightsup55lightsup55637,909
    Posted on 31 March 20 at 17:54
    Just to clarify (Chapter 1 vs. The Complete Collection; direct store links included)...

King's Quest (Xbox 360) (a.k.a. Chapter 1)
    - KQ Ch. 1 - Base game (FREE)
    -- KQ Ch. 1 - Compatibility Pack 1 (FREE; required to play the game)
    -- KQ Ch. 1 - Compatibility Pack 2 (FREE; required to play the game)
    -- Additional DLC is available with the Season Pass (download additional chapters in-game) or individual chapter purchase.

King's Quest: The Complete Collection (Xbox 360)
    - KQ TCC - Base game (click link to see price in your region)
    -- KQ TCC - Compatibility Pack 1 (FREE; required to play the game)
    -- KQ TCC - Compatibility Pack 2 (FREE; required to play the game)
    -- KQ TCC - Epilogue (FREE; optional)
    -- All additional DLC is included with the purchase of The Complete Collection base game.
  • D3LTAD3LTA1,955,571
    Posted on 04 December 20 at 20:18, Edited on 04 December 20 at 20:18 by D3LTA
    From the King's Quest (Xbox 360) main menu, the Chapters menu shows all of the DLC chapters. Ch 2-5 all state: "If you already own King's Quest: The Complete Collection or Season Pass, DO NOTT repurchase this content here or you will be charged again. Please download new chapters from within the game."

This makes it sound like if you buy King's Quest: The Complete Collection (Xbox 360), then you also get the DLC for King's Quest (Xbox 360). However, it is not working for me. Can anyone confirm or clarify? Or am I just misunderstanding it?
  • lightsup55lightsup55637,909
    Posted on 04 December 20 at 21:40
    D3LTA said:
    From the King's Quest (Xbox 360) main menu, the Chapters menu shows all of the DLC chapters. Ch 2-5 all state: "If you already own King's Quest: The Complete Collection or Season Pass, DO NOTT repurchase this content here or you will be charged again. Please download new chapters from within the game."

This makes it sound like if you buy King's Quest: The Complete Collection (Xbox 360), then you also get the DLC for King's Quest (Xbox 360). However, it is not working for me. Can anyone confirm or clarify? Or am I just misunderstanding it?
    That message you quoted is about the original "King's Quest" with DLC and DLC achievements. The first half of the message might be referring to the physical disc of the later release (see below).

The way how Xbox 360 Marketplace handles full game and DLC purchases is different than Microsoft Store purchases (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Windows Phone, and Windows 10).

"King's Quest: The Complete Collection" was released later. The required DLC is already included with the game. It has a completely separate achievement list as if it is a different game, according to TrueAchievements. If you buy the Season Pass or the individual DLC, you are buying them for the original release "King's Quest".

It is also possible that the wording is wrong and should've said (for each individual Chapter DLC):
    If you already own the Season Pass, DO NOT repurchase this content here or you will be charged again. Please download new chapters from within the game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads