Game Discussion: Dark Souls

Dark Souls Invading

• xQuesooxQuesoo626,062
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 14:53
    Every time I try to progress through the area I am in (Darkroot Basin) I am invaded or summoned or whatever and I'm literally struggling to progress. When I return from being summoned or invaded or whatever it is I have to kill the enemies again only to be moved from my world to another AGAIN. It's an endless cycle.

I've read that becoming Hollow is meant to fix this but doesn't seem to be working for me. Is there literally no other way to fix this? If so I'm stuck because I'm just not left alone by what seems to be other players.

I've checked options and there seems there isn't one for this. If there's no way to stop this from happening then it seems to be a really dumb game mechanic. I shouldn't be forced to teleport to another world to fight another player if I don't want to.
  • xQuesooxQuesoo626,062
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 14:54
    Forgot to mention, it also seems that when I get teleported to this other world, it doesn't let me quit. So I just have to waste time and wait to be killed or moved back. Is there a way round this?
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,244,101
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 15:04
    Sounds like you're wearing a ring if you're being teleported. As for being invaded the Darkroot garden is hell for invading. Going hollow would stop invasions though.
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,244,101
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 15:05
    Or you are in the Covenant of the forest.
  • xQuesooxQuesoo626,062
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 15:08
    I'm following the walkthrough so I have joined the Covenant and I am wearing a ring which stops most of the enemies in this area from attacking me. Any fix for this?
  • AwooAwoo2,219,959
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 16:00
    Take off the ring... just being in the covenant is enough to keep the forest hunters from attacking you.
    What can change the nature of a man?
  • xQuesooxQuesoo626,062
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 16:46
    I'll try that when I get back on. Appreciate the help!
  • NicholasNicholas421,042
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 17:49
    You can also hit the xbox button and start a party.
    This will end your session of the game, you will be taken back to the start screen and you will restart in offline mode. Even though you are actually online.
    I do this sometimes when I don't want to be invaded but want to be human to be able to summon a NPC or have an NPC invade my game. This can get really annoying when you get to a certain level ( over 100) because lots of people play PVP and want to invade others games constantly it seems.
    I was invaded 5 times in the space of 10 minutes the other night. 2 were modders who had so much health that, when backstabbing them at least 10 times their health didn't go down at all.
    You can leave another world this way also I believe.
  • xQuesooxQuesoo626,062
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 19:17
    That's a really nice tip with the party, thanks. Yeah, I was getting invaded every 1-2 minutes so it was pretty much impossible to actually progress. That's a really dumb thing that that scenario can happen. Should be an option to play in offline mode for that reason. Especially when the people who join can one hit you with anything.

Yay! Someone invaded me so I now have to die to go back to my world to get invaded again to die again to make no progress again. headspin
  • misfit119misfit1191,179,210
    Posted on 29 April 16 at 23:16
    This situation sounds like a bit of a misunderstanding between you and the game. When you join the Forest Hunters you are automatically made allies of the humanoid enemies in the Basin. Wearing the ring is what is calling you to other worlds since the purpose of said ring is to defend the Basin from invaders. So by wearing it you're basically saying "Ooooh, oooh, pick me!" and being yanked away. Being hollow will not stop this in my experience, the ring trumps that. But if you take off the ring and then hollow yourself you shouldn't be getting pulled away or invaded by anyone. That's how I did the area. I went hollow, joined the Covenant, reversed hollowing and then went on my merry way never once putting the ring on and simply changing covenants once I was 100% done with that area.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • xQuesooxQuesoo626,062
    Posted on 30 April 16 at 14:54
    That's a really good explanation. Makes total sense. Guess it was my fault for wearing the ring. Just killed Sif anyways so that area is done at least. Thanks!
  • misfit119misfit1191,179,210
    Posted on 30 April 16 at 20:05
    No problem, happy to help. Now you don't have to have these issues when you go into NG+ or beyond in pursuit of the other achievements. toast
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads