The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: May 3rd, 2016

• sassydotsassydot298,633
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 19:56
    Spilner said:sassydot said:Word around prior to this sale was that all the 360 titles featured in it would be BC. Can anyone confirm whether this is true? I'd love to pick up Horizon, but as I don't have a 360 it will be a waste of money if it's not BC.Where did that word come from? Are you perhaps getting mixed up with the old announcement that all future GwG titles would be BC?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-moBu1PHzxw&feature....be at ~5 mins
    I'd also seen it stated in other places leading up to the sale too

I see now it's only showing a 25% discount for me not the 75% stated in MNs blog post as well :/
  • SimmSimm2,233,050
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 20:00
    Really good sales this week. I picked up Halo MCC finally, It's going to take forever to complete but I love Halo. I also picked up the Sunset Overdrive season pass, I haven't even tried that game yet. Annd I got Oxenfree, Gone Home, Teslagrad and Rock N' Racing. I spent around $90 on games including tax. There's more I want here but my backlog has gotten out of control.
  • Posted on 03 May 16 at 20:04, Edited on 03 May 16 at 20:11 by dropK1CK ninJA
    Zoo Tycoon & Screamride Fun Pack (includes ScreamRide and Zoo Tycoon) - 50% off
    Now US$99.99 / €25.00 / AU$32.48
    Xbox.com lists this as US$25.00

Are the Marvel Alliance games the Gold Editions?
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • EurydaceEurydace652,644
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 20:16
    Fixed the bundle. Will add the rest as soon as I'm back home. Chewie will be back next week!
  • ScrapcanScrapcan1,600,075
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 20:17
    I look forward to these sales every week. Sometimes the sales are good and some weeks the sales aren't. However this week offers some good selections on both consoles. Wish I could take advantage on the sales for both consoles cry. Looks like I will be getting Xbox One games this time round; Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered, Lifeless Planet, NERO, Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX & Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition. (and my backlog just keeps on growing)
    Gimme the loot
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89695,083
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 20:17
    5 for me this week headspin Rock n Racing, Beyond Eyes, Nero, Lifeless Planet and Submerged.

Really looking forward to the ID sale, finally getting to spend my Xbox Credit.
  • thmrtsthmrts276,654
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 20:26
    MitRialb said:
    Gone Home still looks like too much. May need to pull the trigger on it though. Definitely getting NERO. Soooo many easy 1k's in the Spotlight Sale
    Which ones would you rate easy? Just wondering laugh
  • GoldchubbyGoldchubby163,910 163,910 GamerScore
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 20:39
    Alan wake is Still showing 20 bucks for me. Anyone else having this issue
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 21:09, Edited on 03 May 16 at 23:47 by HolyHalfDead
    Eurydace said:
    Fixed the bundle. Will add the rest as soon as I'm back home. Chewie will be back next week!
    Thanks to the Newshounds for covering for Chewie while he is off making yet another movie sequel - "Chewie Strikes Back". May the 4th be with you.

Japan get Kalimba instead of Defense Grid 2, so that should be added to the GwG section.

Also on sale (I have added them into the Sales Hub where you can check the pricing for 7 regions):
    Blues and Bullets - Bundle 1-2 (includes Blues & Bullets and link hidden) 25% off
    Never Alone Arctic Collection (includes Foxtales) 75% off
    Submerged 50% off
    Thomas Was Alone 67% off
    Forza Horizon
    - link hidden 65% off (75% with Gold) (has achievements)
    - Season Pass (includes link hidden) 65% off (75% with Gold) (has achievements)
    Pinball FX2 Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens Pack 33% off
    Taken from HolyHalfDead's Blog

Battlefield 4 is 50-67% off depending on region
    Battlefield Hardline Standard Edition is 50-75% off depending on region

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars is £2.99 / €3.74
    LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is £2.99 / €3.74

On sale for a limited time:
    The Park is 10% off
    Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
    - New Fighters + Debut Costume Set (5 characters, 20 costumes) 40% off
    - Costumes by Tamiki Wakaki Set "Art" (16 costumes) 30% off
    - Showstoppers Encore Set "Beauty" (8 costumes) 30% off
    - Art + Beauty Set (24 costumes) 35% off
    - Art + Beauty + Bods (Female Fighters Set) (17 characters, 24 costumes) 40% off
    Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (Xbox 360)
    - New Fighters + Debut Costume Set (5 characters, 20 costumes) 40% off
    - Costumes by Tamiki Wakaki Set (16 costumes) 30% off
    - Showstoppers Encore Set (8 costumes) 30% off

The following are backward compatible, as can be seen in the Sales Hub:
    A Kingdom for Keflings
    A World of Keflings
    Alan Wake
    Alan Wake's American Nightmare
    Alien Hominid HD
    BattleBlock Theater
    Castle Crashers
    CastleStorm
    Gears of War
    Gears of War 2
    - All Fronts Collection
    Gears of War 3
    - Season Pass
    Gears of War: Judgment
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane
    LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    Mass Effect
    Motocross Madness
    Portal: Still Alive
    Shadow Complex
    Spelunky
    Super Meat Boy
    Toy Soldiers
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War
    Trials HD

These are all the long running deals available to everyone, so shouldn't be included in the weekly sales:
    Grand Theft Auto V & Great White Shark Cash Card 5% off
    Grand Theft Auto V & Whale Shark Cash Card 10% off
    Grand Theft Auto V & Megalodon Shark Cash Card 15% off
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Ultimate Edition (includes 4 character and weapon packs) 42% off
    The Jackbox Party Bundle (includes The Jackbox Party Pack and The Jackbox Party Pack 2) 10% off
    Sierra Games Collection (includes Geometry Wars³: Dimensions Evolved, King's Quest, Shiftlings and Velocity 2X) 33% off
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Premium Edition 17% off
    Outlast Bundle of Terror (includes Whistleblower for Outlast) 14% off
    Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
    - The Complete First Season (Episodes 1-6) 17% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-6) 20% off (has achievements)
    Tales from the Borderlands
    - Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) 20% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) 25% off (has achievements)
    The Walking Dead Season 1 and Season 2 Bundle 10% off

Taken from HolyHalfDead's blog post - Recent Free Content (Updated 6th February 2017)

The news item is missing the percentages for those who do not have Gold and are on XBL Free. Great work getting this monster sale up quickly Eurydace, but I think the person who peer reviewed it should be fired, and you should give the job to me wink
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 03 May 16 at 21:24
    If anyone has time, could someone give me a list of games in pm or something that might be worth while picking up? Maybe a few single player ones for me, but bigger ones that I can play local coop in perhaps.
  • Posted on 03 May 16 at 21:40
    Really good sale this week tbh. plenty of goodies to play with. :)
  • Fadi kunFadi kun422,766
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 21:48
    thmrts said:
    MitRialb said:
    Gone Home still looks like too much. May need to pull the trigger on it though. Definitely getting NERO. Soooo many easy 1k's in the Spotlight Sale
    Which ones would you rate easy? Just wondering laugh
    Beyond Eyes
    Gone Home
    Nero
    Pneuma
    Three Fourths Home

Each can be completed in a couple hours.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,123
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 21:53
    Had my fingers crossed for TFTB season pass on 360...But nope! A lot of good stuff here, shame I've played most of it.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • gobey17gobey17991,701
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 22:08
    Quite a big mixture! Might get the season pass for Sunset as been wanting to play it.

Just a shame that dlc doesn't go on sale much. Really need A World of Keflings, Dead Space 2, Crackdown 2, Halo 4, MW3 (to name a few) dlc done, but not at their current prices. cry
  • B rizzle098B rizzle098200,739
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 22:32
    Damn it i just bought the Sunset Overdrive season pass a few days ago and now its 50% OFF! Why Microsoft? why? facepalm
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator288,900
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 22:43
    quite a few of these I gotta nab, but especially 'Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime' loll
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl249,880
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 22:45
    I'm digging the free DLC; I've never played those games and I'm not sure if I ever will, but that is a bit of incentive. Wish they'd give out free DLC more often.
  • Fear The PeopleFear The People1,247,880
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 22:46
    Anyone know of its possible to buy gears 2 JP on xbox one au account?

If so could someone explain it
    :)
  • DullestIIDullestII301,361
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 22:50
    Forza Horizon Season pass is also on sale for any who need to complete the 1000 car club
    Microsoft hololens: Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
  • AuvreaeathAuvreaeath50,800
    Posted on 03 May 16 at 22:55
    Is the Marvel Ultimate Alliance sale the limited edition which allows for the discontinued achievements?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads