The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: May 3rd, 2016

• GoW ButtersGoW Butters325,328
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 09:41
    Wow! Now that's a sales list!
    I don't really know what I'm talking about.
  • ghostlymostlyghostlymostly2,749,636
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 11:08
    Max and the Park for me :)
  • EurydaceEurydace652,646
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 13:34
    ClockKing1986 said:Goldchubby said:Alan wake is Still showing 20 bucks for me. Anyone else having this issueYeah, it's showing as $19.99 for me too. Are they going to fix this? I want that game.Strange. It's showing $10 for me. If it doesn't fix itself within a few days for either of you (or anyone else) let me know.
  • Streak LeaderStreak Leader3,905,777
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 14:48, Edited on 04 May 16 at 15:34 by Streak Leader
    Alan Wake is showing as $19.99 on my 360. On Xbox.com, it shows as $9.99.

I want to purchase the game with MS account money, but on Xbox.com it only gives me the option to pay with the credit card on file.

Anyone know how to get around this?

EDIT: Apparently you can't use MS credit to purchase this game. I attempted to download the game to my xbox one. The store on X1 shows the game as $9.99. When you change the purchase option, there's a message specifically stating that you can't use MS credit to buy the game.

What a load of crap.

Spent a bunch of time in chat with MS rep. She wanted me to delete my profile because her theory was a corrupt profile was causing the game to show up in the X360 store as $19.99.

Morons.
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry483,634
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 15:54
    I see Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX has a user rating of 1.6. I'm usually an arcade racing fan. Is there anyone that can give me some information on this game? Is the 1.6 justified?

Thanks!!
  • DtheGamerDadDtheGamerDad712,367
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 16:04
    A little note:
    Ryse: Son of Rome "Legendary Edition" (includes all DLC) - 50% off
    is 32.50€, not 30.00€.
  • ClockKingRMClockKingRM1,194,584
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 17:30
    Eurydace said:ClockKing1986 said:Goldchubby said:Alan wake is Still showing 20 bucks for me. Anyone else having this issueYeah, it's showing as $19.99 for me too. Are they going to fix this? I want that game.Strange. It's showing $10 for me. If it doesn't fix itself within a few days for either of you (or anyone else) let me know.If I go to the website it shows as $9.99 but when I click to buy it I get one of those "Whoops... something wrong happened" glitch pages. I've tried several times. Ugh, this is so annoying. I sent a tweet to XBoxSupport about it but haven't gotten a reply. I did notice someone else tweeting the same question to them and they asked him to send them their GT in a private message. Don't they realize this is not a problem tied to gamer tags?
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,150,118
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 17:44
    Both Force Unleashed games need BC tag.
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 17:47
    They will get one once I'm at a computer!
  • Posted on 04 May 16 at 17:55
    Biggest haul for a sale that I've ever had:

A Kingdom for Keflings
    NERO
    Beyond Eyes
    Oxenfree
    The Flame in the Flood

Drowning in backlog, but that's nothing new. Bring on more indie sales!
  • MehdiMehdi511,483
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 18:50
    is it normal that i cant buy • Star Wars the Clone Wars: Republic Heroes ?
  • SGTGUNYOUTOHELLSGTGUNYOUTOHELL2,374,463
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 19:20, Edited on 04 May 16 at 19:31 by SGTGUNYOUTOHELL
    to get Kalimba for free on xbox.com scroll to the bottom and change your language to japan and then search for the game and you get it free or on xbox one try changing your location to japan and then you should get the game
    SGTGUNYOUTOHELL
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl249,880
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 20:29
    Streak Leader said:Alan Wake is showing as $19.99 on my 360. On Xbox.com, it shows as $9.99.

I want to purchase the game with MS account money, but on Xbox.com it only gives me the option to pay with the credit card on file.

Anyone know how to get around this?

EDIT: Apparently you can't use MS credit to purchase this game. I attempted to download the game to my xbox one. The store on X1 shows the game as $9.99. When you change the purchase option, there's a message specifically stating that you can't use MS credit to buy the game.

What a load of crap.

Spent a bunch of time in chat with MS rep. She wanted me to delete my profile because her theory was a corrupt profile was causing the game to show up in the X360 store as $19.99.

Morons.
    The credit card thing has been an issue for ~3 years now, since the last time they overhauled the 360 marketplace on Xbox.com. It's even acknowledged on Major Nelson's backwards compatibility FAQ, so it's probably by design. It sucks.
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 20:59
    SGTGUNYOUTOHELL said:to get Kalimba for free on xbox.com scroll to the bottom and change your language to japan and then search for the game and you get it free or on xbox one try changing your location to japan and then you should get the gameJust FYI, they have banned people for this. Not saying they will this time - but buyer beware.
  • KinectKid333KinectKid333916,881
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 21:13
    Tasty Pastry said:I see Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX has a user rating of 1.6. I'm usually an arcade racing fan. Is there anyone that can give me some information on this game? Is the 1.6 justified?

Thanks!!
    Beware!!
    "I fear the day when mankind starts making up quotes about things I never said and posting them on the internet." --Albert Einstein
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face677,996
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 21:21
    Hoping they make Ultimate Allience 2 Backwards. I would buy it right now but my son is currently using the 360.
    [quote gamer=Kexol]Haha loved the first execution. You can count on me abusing it when GOW4 comes out.[/quote] Oh, I thought the w
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry483,634
  • xx Hollywoodxx Hollywood394,539
    Posted on 04 May 16 at 22:32
    sham93 said:Would have picked Ryse up if the dollar to pound exchange rate was as it should be.Speaking of Ryse....for those of you that have played it, is it worth picking up?
    Requiescat in pace
  • smakzillaasmakzillaa987,610
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 02:18, Edited on 05 May 16 at 02:40 by smakzillaa
    Well I was going to get Alan Wake, but it won't let me use my currency balance for some reason on the Xbox One and shows up as $19.99 on my xbox 360... joy
  • KinectKid333KinectKid333916,881
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 02:31
    Quick question. If I have a retail BC game that is on a disc and put it into my Xbox One disc drive, will it still work/can I still earn achievements for it?
    "I fear the day when mankind starts making up quotes about things I never said and posting them on the internet." --Albert Einstein
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads