Game Discussion: Magic Duels

How many wins did you need for the 500 wins to unlock?

• Kerman7Kerman71,024,821
    Posted on 09 May 16 at 21:53, Edited on 22 May 16 at 20:49 by Kerman7
    As per the title, if you checked when you unlocked it, how many Online Versus wins did you need before the related achievement unlocked?
    The online of this game is not only problematic as matchmaking can be hit and miss, but in addition it has so many quiters it is not much fun.

I know I needed 101/100 for the first one to unlock, but so far 511/500 and still not got that last one so I'm curious.

EDIT: Funny enough, had to be predicted, it unlocked right at the end of the next game I played. Now here's the real funny bit: was a great game for a change, but I had to admit defeat eventually. As I opened the menu and selected 'Concede', the achievement unlocked. So still at 511 wins. Go figure...

EDIT2: No one has replied yet, but I thought I'd add another piece of info.
    I've just unlocked the 500 Solo. My stats show 539/500.
    But here is the killer, it popped at the end of an online game, and furthermore one where I conceded, exactly like the 500 Versus.

Conclusion, it probably doesn't matter how many you get, if it doesn't unlock, go play a Versus online and concede a game, they may unlock then.
  • Posted on 15 June 16 at 18:56
    let me ask a dumb question, how can you tell how many wins you have? And it seems to me that 2 headed giant games now count as versus wins, or am i wrong?
  • ShazamFTWShazamFTW1,710,129
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 21:31
    If you go to your profile and look at your achievements, you can bring up Magic and it'll show how many wins you have along with other random stats.
  • Posted on 27 June 16 at 23:03
    It says I have won 564 solo battles, but the achievement still hasn't unlocked for me.
  • studlybambistudlybambi682,869
    Posted on 06 July 16 at 13:27
    Solo wins are bugged. If you restart a solo match and then win once it will say that you have won 2. The only way of keeping track is to actually tally each win. Or don't restart a match.
  • Posted on 15 July 16 at 20:28
    I agree that solo wins are bugged, but I don't think the restarting a match theory is the whole story. Now I'm at 612 solo battles won with no achievement and I pretty much never restart a match, maybe a handful of times, definitely nowhere close to over 112.
  • Posted on 19 July 16 at 05:37
    Just popped for me after winning a versus battle online (not a solo battle). The counter says I have 665 solo battles won.
  • Kerman7Kerman71,024,821
    Posted on 19 July 16 at 07:44
    That is extreme. Wondering if the number is simply incorrect display or some games are ignored. Guess we'll never know for sure.
    But seems my initial advice stands true and playing versus can unlock the solo one as well (provided objective has been completed). Wondering if you also lost that game or conceded.
  • Posted on 20 July 16 at 18:47
    Ya, your advice was true, playing versus can unlock the solo achievement. It was a game I won so it isn't just limited to losing or conceding. So I guess for now the advice for others is just keep playing both solo and versus games and eventually the solo achievement should pop, as unfortunate as that advice is.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads