Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Elite: Dangerous Horizons Enters Orbit on June 3rd

• KBop a dooKBop a doo415,330
  • planting42planting422,096,253
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 21:51
    So can't wait!
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
  • RDSRDS456,597
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 21:56
    Whoo! I'm in a wing with mostly PC players (the abbreviation is PC too, lol) and I hear all that good stuff about Horizons, so day 1 for me
    TA Newshound - CSE student @ Sep 5th - @GoinXwellinbed
  • RDSRDS456,597
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 21:57
    paladinconsortium.com
    TA Newshound - CSE student @ Sep 5th - @GoinXwellinbed
  • Posted on 19 May 16 at 22:04
    I am so damn tempted by this game, I know it would easily be one of my favourite games of all time. I just dont know if I can justify the time needed to get the maximum experience from it, there are so many other great games waiting in my backlog....
    Who really composed Beethoven's fifth?
  • JedhedJedhed576,309
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 22:05
    Buy this game just for the galaxy map. It's batshit crazy.
  • ShinwashaShinwasha665,498
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 22:09
    Jedhed said:Buy this game just for the galaxy map. It's batshit crazy.Trying to find the time to journey from Sagittarius A to Beagle's Point.
    I'm the Truthcatcher and you are talking a lot of bull.
  • Born RebornBorn Reborn460,420
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 22:12
    Shut up and take my money! rock
  • PurdsPurds1,412,620
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 22:14
    Polaris Supreme said:I am so damn tempted by this game, I know it would easily be one of my favourite games of all time. I just dont know if I can justify the time needed to get the maximum experience from it, there are so many other great games waiting in my backlog....The exact predicament I'm in
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,329,078
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 22:28, Edited on 19 May 16 at 22:30 by Kanchanaburi
    I agree, this looks like a great game I could loose myself in, but I am not willing to play games that require 200 hours plus to complete the achievements, which this is said to need. And a DLC on top of that. Pass.

Come on, the game has been out 1/2 a year and no one on TA has completed it.

This says one of two things.... it isn't good enough to maintain a players interest (which is bad)

OR

It is too difficult to complete, relying on excessive grinding or random achievements (which is also terrible)
  • CPCrookedManCPCrookedMan928,478
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 22:46
    Venturing into No Man's Sky territory huh? Cool!
    "Only when you allow someone else to define your success do you truly experience failure."
  • Born RebornBorn Reborn460,420
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 22:51
    It is a difficult game, simulator-like and not to everyone taste - that is why many people doesn't play it. It demands commitment to the game.

I played the original one in 84, and love this genre of game since then (Wing Commander, Freelancer and many others)...I am glad that they released the game on Xbox One, even having a computer to play it too.
  • planting42planting422,096,253
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 22:56
    Kanchanaburi said:I agree, this looks like a great game I could loose myself in, but I am not willing to play games that require 200 hours plus to complete the achievements, which this is said to need. And a DLC on top of that. Pass.

This says one of two things.... it isn't good enough to maintain a players interest (which is bad)

OR

It is too difficult to complete, relying on excessive grinding or random achievements (which is also terrible)
    It was completed prior to this past title update. They added an achievement to get triple Elite. Some are double and will likely have the game licked again.

Its great fun - if you are unwilling to spend over 200 hours on it though I'd pass. I've put over 700 in and the top player has over 1,200 hours.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
  • Posted on 19 May 16 at 23:02
    I most be the only person that's irritated with all the achievements in this game.

They gear them all for you so you basically have to play this game for the rest of your life instead of getting the chance to enjoy other games. Worst achievements list for a game that I can personally remember in recent memory.
  • zzUrbanSpacemanzzUrbanSpaceman1,518,902
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 23:38
    To be honest, this is going to be one of those games that you play because you want to play the game, and not worry about the achievements.

It's worth keeping in mind that this is effectively a MMO, and the achievements are roughly on par with other MMOs.
  • wonkywillsywonkywillsy265,215
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 23:46
    Kanchanaburi said:I agree, this looks like a great game I could loose myself in, but I am not willing to play games that require 200 hours plus to complete the achievements, which this is said to need. And a DLC on top of that. Pass.

OR

Reading things like this makes me think achievements are the worst thing to happen to gaming. Its an amazing game, absolutely nothing else like this available atm.

I cannot wait for Horizons!!
  • blueracer442blueracer4421,082,589
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 23:52
    Cower Before me said:Polaris Supreme said:I am so damn tempted by this game, I know it would easily be one of my favourite games of all time. I just dont know if I can justify the time needed to get the maximum experience from it, there are so many other great games waiting in my backlog....The exact predicament I'm inI'm also in the same predicament. So many good games that take so much time that I don't have.
  • ElyohElyoh1,100,923
    Posted on 20 May 16 at 00:04
    Elite: Dangerous has a notoriously steep learning curve, but according to its dedicated fan base, it's well worth the effort. Good luck out there, Commanders.
    I just started it yesterday.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Then I made the stupid mistake of zooming out in the galaxy map. Never have I felt so lost laugh
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • zzUrbanSpacemanzzUrbanSpaceman1,518,902
    Posted on 20 May 16 at 00:39
    Elyoh said:
    Elite: Dangerous has a notoriously steep learning curve, but according to its dedicated fan base, it's well worth the effort. Good luck out there, Commanders.
    I just started it yesterday.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Then I made the stupid mistake of zooming out in the galaxy map. Never have I felt so lost laugh
    lol welcome to that feeling of insignificance that comes with realising just how small we are. ;)

Starting tips: just do basic courier missions to start with, don't do any of the bounty hunting or "hold some dangerous cargo until we tell you" missions.

Go and check out the community goals and do the bare minimum to get counted (shipping 1 ton on a trading CG will still put you on the 99%) - this is a good way to get a decent amount of money when you're starting out.

I'd also recommend trying to find somewhere to start at, and work on building up your rep with one faction - and go back to that base after completing missions. If you build up your rep with a faction then more lucrative missions will become available to you.

Good luck commander!
  • RaisukaiRaisukai237,792
    Posted on 20 May 16 at 03:40
    Picked this game up whilst it was on sale about a week ago. Glad I did! This expansion is gonna make things much more enjoyable. (not to say it wasn't already great)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads