Game Discussion: Overwatch 2

Potential Boosting Method?

• Posted on 24 May 16 at 04:45
    >inb4 "This game just came out, why are you looking to boost it"

With that being said. This is simply a suggestion for people who want to boost, organizing boosting is about half of what this site is for. I don't plan to boost until I've gotten everything I can legit. But we've all read the achievement descriptions, and some of these look super situational and like a huge pain in the ass.

Well here's my proposal idea:

So you can spectate your friends playing a game by going to "Social", clicking there name, and hitting "join game". This puts you in spectate mode. However this also acts as reserving you a spot in the lobby. So if you create a boosting session and have 6 people start a game, then 6 people "Join friend", eventually the other 6 members of the team are BOUND to quit out eventually. And once they do, boom! You have your secured lobby.

Now, I have not tested this, this is merely my theory, just making suggestions.

Test it out and let me know your results!
  • mcnichojmcnichoj254,459
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 05:08
    lol, setting up the boosting session in itself sounds situational.
    I don't leave till host does (or the room disbands itself or whatever the Hell it is that forces me back to searching). You'll probably have to get the really good players on one team to stomp the randoms so they'll ragequit.
  • NYR CorodinNYR Corodin446,463
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 05:12
    I am just incredibly disappointed with the achievement list....what were they thinking?
  • BerserkWolfBerserkWolf206,137
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 05:30
    I dont know if the method will work but im down for trying it I want to have 100 completion so if anyone is interested in boosting add me (Gt is the same as my name here) and lets try to tackle the achievements out.
  • jordbrett84jordbrett84516,783
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 06:08
    I think you can also change the server you're on. I remember someone saying that. Good luck though and with that said feel free to add me if anyone gets a group going.
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,157,260
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 10:12
    Yeah, most of these achievements seem fairly ridiculous. A good portion require killing most of the enemy team with 1 ability, or helping your entire team with one ability. Most of the rest are rather situational and still involve killing half a team. I'm sure quite a few achievements would be impossible based off team composition.
  • B0WM4NXB0WM4NX435,975
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 16:24
    It's an online only game, why the fuck would you buy a game like this, only to boost the fucking achievements? Play it right and get good.
    -Murder for The Crows-
  • Riahi JrRiahi Jr211,562
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 17:42
    Bowmanx4587 said:It's an online only game, why the fuck would you buy a game like this, only to boost the fucking achievements? Play it right and get good.No need to be like that lol
  • Riahi JrRiahi Jr211,562
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 17:44
    I got my first achievement and got the "Unlocking" thing.... so yeah, nice start for me
  • Posted on 24 May 16 at 18:09, Edited on 24 May 16 at 18:09 by ReptarOnIce3000
    Bowmanx4587 said:It's an online only game, why the fuck would you buy a game like this, only to boost the fucking achievements? Play it right and get good.Lol, refering back to my "inb4, It's a new game, why are you boosting it"

You a little salty there friend?

And to you I say, I'm not boosting this game, I just saw a method I thought some people who wanted to, could. However, check the site you're on friend. TA is built around helping others boost achievements. 75% of this site, is to organize boosting. You do not have anything helpful to say, so why troll forums with "DON'T BOOST MULTIPLAYER", your opinions are severely outweighed by the TA community. So why waste your time?
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 23:13
    Back when I first started on Live I wasn't big on achievements and when I finally did it took me a while to want to boost (did DJ Hero 2 legit even with a dead community). Now I've been pretty good about keeping up with recent games. Did Titanfall and BF4 at legit. This game I'm iffy on but I'd probably wait a while to boost it.
  • Posted on 25 May 16 at 00:59
    Elite1111111111 said:Back when I first started on Live I wasn't big on achievements and when I finally did it took me a while to want to boost (did DJ Hero 2 legit even with a dead community). Now I've been pretty good about keeping up with recent games. Did Titanfall and BF4 at legit. This game I'm iffy on but I'd probably wait a while to boost it.See that's my plan too. Like I already got the quad reaper and quad genji ult kills. I'm going to get everything I absolutely can legit haha. That reaper one for 3 kills in a single clip will be hard tho...:/
    Posted on 25 May 16 at 05:11
    ReptarOnIce3000 said:Elite1111111111 said:Back when I first started on Live I wasn't big on achievements and when I finally did it took me a while to want to boost (did DJ Hero 2 legit even with a dead community). Now I've been pretty good about keeping up with recent games. Did Titanfall and BF4 at legit. This game I'm iffy on but I'd probably wait a while to boost it.See that's my plan too. Like I already got the quad reaper and quad genji ult kills. I'm going to get everything I absolutely can legit haha. That reaper one for 3 kills in a single clip will be hard tho...:/Got it earlier. Your best bet is to get a kill with your first shot, then just focus on squishy characters. If you can risk it, reload in combat when the person in almost dead, then kill them with your first shot.
  • Posted on 25 May 16 at 06:31
    It's not that it just came out, it's that it just came out and it's multiplayer only. Why would you buy a multiplayer only game and not even attempt to play it right?
  • Piston ToyotaPiston Toyota1,135,168
    Posted on 25 May 16 at 09:44
    Maybe, and stop me if you've heard this before, but just maybe it's none of your damn business how someone plays a video game.

Personally, I hate multiplayer in just about all it's forms. I often say that I'd rather saw off a limb than play a single legit match of any multiplayer mode. You know what I do like? Earning achievements. I don't really care how I get them or if I did it "legit" enough for some people or if they're even in a game I like or not. I just want them in as fast and efficient a way as possible so that I can drop the game in question and move on to one of the literally hundreds of other games on my plate. The vast majority of the site feels similarly, from what I've seen. Boosting will almost always be the shortest route between starting a game and finishing it and for a lot of people that's all that counts.

So keep on researching those boosting methods. In 6-12 months when the game is cheaper and some of the community dies off I'll likely be right there with you.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,402,293
    Posted on 25 May 16 at 16:24
    Our Afflictions said:It's not that it just came out, it's that it just came out and it's multiplayer only. Why would you buy a multiplayer only game and not even attempt to play it right?I haven't bought this game yet..but to answer your question..... to get the achievements out of the way, so you can just play the game, without having to think about how to do your kills to maximize chances of unlocking achievements...

You are probably also the kind of guy, who would rage at a player. Who spend the entire match trying to get three kills wallrunning, instead of just playing the game... so be happy if the people you meet did that in boostsessions instead of in your game
    Posted on 25 May 16 at 16:54, Edited on 25 May 16 at 16:55 by Elite1111111111
    TheMaize said:Our Afflictions said:It's not that it just came out, it's that it just came out and it's multiplayer only. Why would you buy a multiplayer only game and not even attempt to play it right?I haven't bought this game yet..but to answer your question..... to get the achievements out of the way, so you can just play the game, without having to think about how to do your kills to maximize chances of unlocking achievements...

You are probably also the kind of guy, who would rage at a player. Who spend the entire match trying to get three kills wallrunning, instead of just playing the game... so be happy if the people you meet did that in boostsessions instead of in your game
    Yeah, some of the achievements really require you to not play right, or at least not use teamwork. Like for Reaper's Shotgun achievement. Since you need 'solo kills' you kind of have to ignore getting any assists to help your teammates. While I personally am not a fan of boosting this early I can see why you'd want to. Possibly better to boost them than to play the game wrong.
  • Posted on 25 May 16 at 16:58
    Our Afflictions said:It's not that it just came out, it's that it just came out and it's multiplayer only. Why would you buy a multiplayer only game and not even attempt to play it right?On top of what everyone else has said. Some boosters (me) DO play the game. I enjoy getting achievements legit, but for some of these, if I attempt it for 2-3 hours without even coming CLOSE, then that's one that's going on my boost list. Because I would much rather focus on other achievements, or just playing the game for fun, than to grind and give myself a migraine.

I boost so that while I'm not boosting I can play for fun!
  • Posted on 25 May 16 at 20:11
    I get the achievements in multiplayer games while playing. I nay switch up my style a little for certain ones, but I won't rage at people for going for achievements or for not going for them. They'll come as I play. Smite has some ridiculous achievements without boosting and I've never joined one for that either. You shouldn't be trying to get them out of the way without any effort as soon as it comes out so you can "enjoy the game"
    You should be enjoying the game WHILE getting them.
  • Posted on 25 May 16 at 20:16
    ReptarOnIce3000 said:Our Afflictions said:It's not that it just came out, it's that it just came out and it's multiplayer only. Why would you buy a multiplayer only game and not even attempt to play it right?On top of what everyone else has said. Some boosters (me) DO play the game. I enjoy getting achievements legit, but for some of these, if I attempt it for 2-3 hours without even coming CLOSE, then that's one that's going on my boost list. Because I would much rather focus on other achievements, or just playing the game for fun, than to grind and give myself a migraine.

I boost so that while I'm not boosting I can play for fun!
    Okay, so basically you try an achievement for a couple hours, decide it's too hard for you, and instead of trying to get better and come back to it, you add it to a list to be handed to you.
    Got it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads