Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Rocket League Cross-Network Play Coming Today

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic646,222
  • gallzy111gallzy111254,355
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 10:51
    Is this going to be cross play with the PS4? If so can you speak to those people in game, like have them join your lobby?
    History is a story we tell each other over and over, until we forget that it's a lie.
  • Posted on 24 May 16 at 10:52
    So can we add steam user accounts now or just play randoms?
  • ReaboReabo780,932
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 10:54
    I Welcome this and hope it becomes standard in the future.
    Need to buy a windows phone for ff1...
  • Posted on 24 May 16 at 10:54
    gallzy111 said:Is this going to be cross play with the PS4? If so can you speak to those people in game, like have them join your lobby?I think PS4 will follow soon.
    Not sure about (voice) chat possibilities tho.
  • Ereaser NLEreaser NL500,711
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 10:59
    don1delanoochh said:So can we add steam user accounts now or just play randoms?From what I understood you just end up with people from other platforms randomly.
    So you can't invite each other.
  • FoogaFooga2,510,338
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 11:11
    Hopefully the start of something great.
    Currently playing: Gears of War Ultimate Edition, DC Universe Online
  • eNaRGeeNaRGe327,014
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 11:15
    What a time to be alive
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,075,907
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 11:18
    Whoop-de-doo roll
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666222,879
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 11:33
    NawtyCawty said:
    Whoop-de-doo roll
    What a jerk. Why would you be like this?
  • SpecOp3SpecOp3153,314
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 12:43
    Zorlac0666 said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    Whoop-de-doo roll
    He clearly doesn't have friends that play on different platforms. Or you know, doesn't have friends. Tomato Tomato.
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 13:20
    SpecOp3 said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    Whoop-de-doo roll
    He clearly doesn't have friends that play on different platforms. Or you know, doesn't have friends. Tomato Tomato.
    You don't have to have friends is the trick. Matchmaking is a wonderful thing.
  • WyyvernWyyvern801,755
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 13:49, Edited on 24 May 16 at 13:50 by Wyyvern
    SantaUndercover said:gallzy111 said:Is this going to be cross play with the PS4? If so can you speak to those people in game, like have them join your lobby?I think PS4 will follow soon.
    Games having a bigger playerbase is a good thing, although I'm not sure if PS4 will adopt crossplay. Reason being that it's the more common and popular console so the answer to "what platform are my friends on?" will most likely be PlayStation, leading the person who asked it to buy the console.

Sony probably recognise this so don't be surprised if they don't add crossplay anytime soon.
    Here be dragons.
  • Posted on 24 May 16 at 13:51
    AWWYESSSS!! clapclap
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • Posted on 24 May 16 at 14:13, Edited on 24 May 16 at 14:14 by MonkeyCMonkyDo
    Wyyvern said:SantaUndercover said:gallzy111 said:Is this going to be cross play with the PS4? If so can you speak to those people in game, like have them join your lobby?I think PS4 will follow soon.
    Games having a bigger playerbase is a good thing, although I'm not sure if PS4 will adopt crossplay. Reason being that it's the more common and popular console so the answer to "what platform are my friends on?" will most likely be PlayStation, leading the person who asked it to buy the console.

Sony probably recognise this so don't be surprised if they don't add crossplay anytime soon.
    I don't understand your logic here, perhaps I'm missing something. You state that PS4 is the more popular console and the one peoples friends will most likely be playing on, you then go on to assume the person asking would buy that console (a PS4.) Why then would this be a bad thing for Sony? Why would an increase in console sales be a reason to not implement cross-platform play?

Just to note as well that PS4 is already cross platform play with PC for Rocket League.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 May 16 at 14:21
    toast Great news. I'm not too shabby at this game and my cousin(who is on Steam) is pretty good at it too. Look out Rocket world, we are coming for you! rock Hope other games do this too, it's definitely the way forward in my opinion.
  • Posted on 24 May 16 at 14:24
    I'v been playing this alot lately n looking forward 2 the cross over

If any of you need any 1 to play with, drop me a msg or FR :)

(No one seems to talk in game for some reason? lol)
  • Ereaser NLEreaser NL500,711
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 14:42
    Stevie Boi ENG said:I'v been playing this alot lately n looking forward 2 the cross over

If any of you need any 1 to play with, drop me a msg or FR :)

(No one seems to talk in game for some reason? lol)
    Also the chat has not been working for a while now in some games.
  • WyyvernWyyvern801,755
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 15:17, Edited on 24 May 16 at 15:18 by Wyyvern
    MonkeyCMonkyDo said:I don't understand your logic here, perhaps I'm missing something. You state that PS4 is the more popular console and the one peoples friends will most likely be playing on, you then go on to assume the person asking would buy that console (a PS4.) Why then would this be a bad thing for Sony? Why would an increase in console sales be a reason to not implement cross-platform play?

Just to note as well that PS4 is already cross platform play with PC for Rocket League.
    Adding crossplay will remove the need for people to buy the PlayStation 4 to play with their friends who will most likely be on the PS4 since it is more popular. Sony use this to their advantage to drive more sales. If crossplay was added between the two consoles, someone would not have to own a PS4 to play with their friends who use a PS4.
    Here be dragons.
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 15:23
    Wyyvern said:MonkeyCMonkyDo said:I don't understand your logic here, perhaps I'm missing something. You state that PS4 is the more popular console and the one peoples friends will most likely be playing on, you then go on to assume the person asking would buy that console (a PS4.) Why then would this be a bad thing for Sony? Why would an increase in console sales be a reason to not implement cross-platform play?

Adding crossplay will remove the need for people to buy the PlayStation 4 to play with their friends who will most likely be on the PS4 since it is more popular. Sony use this to their advantage to drive more sales. If crossplay was added between the two consoles, someone would not have to own a PS4 to play with their friends who use a PS4.
    Rocket League isn't a system seller since it's on all systems negating all your points.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads