Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Platinum badges

• Strategy OneStrategy One706,483
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 19:25, Edited on 03 February 17 at 23:50 by Strategy One
    Ok, I am making this idea because of this idea being brought up:

1MIL TA button

I am sure no one has said this idea before so im making a new thread.

People are flying way past limitations of gold badges and I believe people who go above and beyond should have a new reward without moving the gold badge (taking it away from other people so to say). I also believe some badges should be corrected because they are impossible to achieve or take absolutely forever. PLEASE do not post about REMOVING ANY BADGES THIS IS NOT A VOTE ON REMOVAL OR ADDING NEW BADGES.

Heres my idea:

TA point badge: 1Mil TA points Platinum badge

TrueAchievement Ratio: 2.30 OR 2.50 Platinum badge

TA position: 1st Platinum badge, .1% gold badge (10% and further for each one, Brown being 90% and grey being everything else)

Completion percentage: either 97%+ or 95%+ being platinum badge (those people who have insane completion percentage)

Site Registration date: Year 0 platinum badge

Friends: 1000+ friends platinum badge

Referrals: This one needs complete reconstruction because NO ONE BUT STALLION HAS 500 referrals. I say:
    Grey: 1 referral
    Brown: 2 referrals
    Pink: 3 referrals
    Purple: 4-5 referrals
    Blue: 6-8 Referrals
    Teal: 9-10 Referrals
    Green: 11-12 Referrals
    Red: 13-14 Referrals
    Orange: 15-16 referrals
    Gold: 17-18 referrals
    Platinum: 19-20 referrals
    (If the referrals badge is brought into an achieveable range then people who want a good badge for it will easily refer the site more, trying to get 500+ makes people not give a crap about this badge.

Completed games: 1000+ Platinum

Gaming session feedback: 1000+ feedback Platinum badge

Walkthroughs: 100+ platinum badge

Walkthrough contributions: 150+ Platinum badge

Reviews: Completely re-done to the same as Walkthroughs

Review score: platinum above .85

Solutions: 1000 solutions platinum badge

Solution score ratio: .85 for platinum

Movies: 1000+ platinum

Community events: I think this one should be entirely redone and is too easy

Grey: 1 events
    Brown: 2 events
    Pink: 3 events
    Purple: 4-5 events
    Blue: 6-8 events
    Teal: 9-10 events
    Green: 11-12 events
    Red: 13-14 events
    Orange: 15-16 events
    Gold: 17-18 events
    Platinum: 19-20 events (or if re-doing is not an option put platinum at 15)

Posted messages/comments/votes: Gold being changed to 5000-7999 platinum being 8000+

Again please do not bring up any changes other then the badges requirements being changed and platinum badges being added.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 June 16 at 19:38
    This is cool. I see myself get one in next decade when I past one mill in TAS.
    .XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 19:39, Edited on 06 June 16 at 19:39 by Strategy One
    People are passing 1 mil every day now and there is nothing hurtful about adding something for those with significant time invested in gaming for a new badge to show their dedication.
  • AwooAwoo2,206,331
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 19:43
    Yes please
    What can change the nature of a man?
  • EurydaceEurydace652,577
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 19:44
    I can get behind this.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 June 16 at 19:44
    I'd get an extra badge or two with this +1. Also I would love a badge for being the first to unlock a particular achievement. (show-off time)
    Project SparkMatch Game 25The Match Game 25 achievement in Project Spark worth 131 pointsMake 25 matches in the Spark Treasure Trove game or collect 25 coins in Crossroads.
  • EurydaceEurydace652,577
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 19:45
    I'd also say the ratio badge should be reworked to scale up to 3.0. 2.5 is like your average 30 hour completion on Xbox One.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 June 16 at 19:48
    Yup, good idea.
    Written in the stars.
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 19:49
    Eurydace said:I'd also say the ratio badge should be reworked to scale up to 3.0. 2.5 is like your average 30 hour completion on Xbox One.I thought about that but someone already said that only slightly over 1% of members are above 2.0 atm, if that % increases then I would agree but for now its uneeded
  • DrMmmPieDrMmmPie471,919
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 19:59
    I think the events badge should be a % based stat
    Note: This post contains my personal opinion. So don't hate on it.
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 20:03, Edited on 06 June 16 at 20:04 by Strategy One
    DrMmmPie said:I think the events badge should be a % based statThat would be unfair to late starters.

and its not like events happen all the time.
  • Posted on 06 June 16 at 20:09
    I'm definitely interested in this +1
    Gaming 4 Life
  • AxessAxess186,545
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 20:12
    Nothing wrong with more badges in my view. Would love to see more. Great idea.
  • Posted on 06 June 16 at 20:12
    TAKE MY VOTE!!!

Sure, why not? (2.3 for ratio plz!) wink
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
  • capicawlcapicawl739,405
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 20:28
    Could do platinum for those and then use higher elements thereafter. I think it's a great idea and makes the badges colorful and stand out.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,663,284
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 20:32
    Strategy One said:Eurydace said:I'd also say the ratio badge should be reworked to scale up to 3.0. 2.5 is like your average 30 hour completion on Xbox One.I thought about that but someone already said that only slightly over 1% of members are above 2.0 atm, if that % increases then I would agree but for now its uneededThere's absolutely nothing wrong with 3.0. With One/F2P inflation becoming so prevalent on the One a high ratio is getting much easier to acquire. As for the small % of current qualifiers, there's nothing wrong with being ahead of the game.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead773,681
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 20:33
    I hate to break it to you, but the top badge is yellow, not gold, and platinum is in danger of looking a lot like grey.

I would support referrals being lowered to 100 for yellow, but that is about it.

Don't touch ratio, as that penalizes those who played 360 games for the past 10 years. Only a completion percentage of 99% or above is worthy of recognition, taking into account some games have achievements that were never obtainable.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 20:40, Edited on 06 June 16 at 20:43 by Strategy One
    HolyHa1fDead said:I hate to break it to you, but the top badge is yellow, not gold, and platinum is in danger of looking a lot like grey.

I would support referrals being lowered to 100 for yellow, but that is about it.

Don't touch ratio, as that penalizes those who played 360 games for the past 10 years. Only a completion percentage of 99% or above is worthy of recognition, taking into account some games have achievements that were never obtainable.
    It would be grey mixed with blue which is a great color, im sure they could tweak and make it really cool. I didn't touch ratio, just an additional badge to it, and 97% at least would be a good number to have a new badge for, 99% is too high especially since when people start new games it continually drops them and 97% is a safe number.

Heres an idea of a tweak:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/maxpayne/images/f/f0/Pla...

(Not a trophy but the colors of the badge)
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 20:46
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:Strategy One said:Eurydace said:I'd also say the ratio badge should be reworked to scale up to 3.0. 2.5 is like your average 30 hour completion on Xbox One.I thought about that but someone already said that only slightly over 1% of members are above 2.0 atm, if that % increases then I would agree but for now its uneededThere's absolutely nothing wrong with 3.0. With One/F2P inflation becoming so prevalent on the One a high ratio is getting much easier to acquire. As for the small % of current qualifiers, there's nothing wrong with being ahead of the game.Im not against it, but im not putting it in my proposal because not enough people would agree to the whole badge being changed and cause less votes or more downvotes because of that 1 change that would be massive. That can be in a different thread if anything, again I don't believe this is the right time for that proposal. If they think its needed they can change it.
  • Posted on 06 June 16 at 20:47
    What's the next one after a Platinum Badge? A shiny badge with Diamonds sparkling around it? laugh Just a thought, but I do like an idea of a Platinum Badge. SHINY!!! laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads