Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Remove "want to boost" for single player games

• SwordofWhedonSwordofWhedon1,795,800
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 05:38
    I don't know if people don't think or don't look or that they're just dumb. But every time I go into a single player game there are people wanting to boost when it's impossible to do so.
  • DarthGoose13DarthGoose13542,205
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 10:22
    Why? People use it for their own reasons such as myself. I'm not dumb, I just use it in a way that you think is not intended. Each to their own.
    Who moderates the moderators?
  • GMNGMN492,607
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 10:26
    DarthGoose13 said:Why? People use it for their own reasons such as myself. I'm not dumb, I just use it in a way that you think is not intended. Each to their own.explain
  • DarthGoose13DarthGoose13542,205
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 10:33
    GMN said:DarthGoose13 said:Why? People use it for their own reasons such as myself. I'm not dumb, I just use it in a way that you think is not intended. Each to their own.explainThere is no need for an explanation, I will use the feature as I see fit. It does not affect anybody or anything else.
    Who moderates the moderators?
  • RayvenMorriganaRayvenMorrigana1,329,429
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 10:54
    Some people use it as an alternative wish list, as a reminder of what games they want to play soon or as a list of what games don't contain multiplayer achievements so they don't need to worry about server shutdowns, etc. or games in which they have finished all of the multiplayer achievements. Before the Game Collection existed on here I used to use it as a way to track my unstarted games.

I am sure there are many other ways that people use it that I have forgotten or an unaware of.
    I said hey listen to me, stay sane inside insanity <3
  • Piston ToyotaPiston Toyota1,135,168
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 20:39
    Then shouldn't we just give people more options for creating lists and categorizing games in their collection so that they don't need to use a site feature for something it's not intended for? I feel like that would be a better solution to the whole thing.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,109
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 21:20
    While I'm not sure it's worth even the effort of flagging which games do or not need boosting options, since it doesn't do mean anything, the fact that people use a feature in a way it's not intended for is never a good reason to keep it around.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,120,086
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 22:21
    DarthGoose13 said:GMN said:DarthGoose13 said:Why? People use it for their own reasons such as myself. I'm not dumb, I just use it in a way that you think is not intended. Each to their own.explainThere is no need for an explanation, I will use the feature as I see fit. It does not affect anybody or anything else.Yes it does. The boost list is for people looking to boost. By using it as a to do list or anything else means your are in the wrong place. One may PM you regarding the game and they would be wasting the time.

There is no reason to use the boost list for anything other than boosting.
  • Posted on 18 June 16 at 23:24
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    DarthGoose13 said:
    GMN said:
    DarthGoose13 said:
    Why? People use it for their own reasons such as myself. I'm not dumb, I just use it in a way that you think is not intended. Each to their own.
    explain
    There is no need for an explanation, I will use the feature as I see fit. It does not affect anybody or anything else.
    Yes it does. The boost list is for people looking to boost. By using it as a to do list or anything else means your are in the wrong place. One may PM you regarding the game and they would be wasting the time.

There is no reason to use the boost list for anything other than boosting.
    Whoever messages him to boost a single player game is an idiot. They will be wasting time no matter who they message. laugh
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 23:37
    Obviously, but in MP games, it is a problem.

Anyway, I have seen sad people create boosting sessions for SP games and get their friends to join.
  • WyyvernWyyvern800,715
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 23:54
    LuckyConquerer2 said:Obviously, but in MP games, it is a problem.

Anyway, I have seen sad people create boosting sessions for SP games and get their friends to join.
    That sounds like feedback score manipulation, you should probably report it.
    Here be dragons.
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 00:03
    It was dealt with a long time ago. Seen it a couple of times.
  • Strategy OneStrategy One706,966
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 01:51
    Who cares if people put they want to boost single player games
  • planting42planting422,094,233
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 02:48
    Strategy One said:Who cares if people put they want to boost single player gamesAgreed. How is this hurting anyone?
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl249,880
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 04:05
    planting42 said:Strategy One said:Who cares if people put they want to boost single player gamesAgreed. How is this hurting anyone?Exactly, I think it's amusing.

25,473 tracked gamers have this game, 2413 have completed it (9.47%) | 54 are idiots
  • Posted on 19 June 16 at 04:07
    planting42 said:Strategy One said:Who cares if people put they want to boost single player gamesAgreed. How is this hurting anyone?idk, I used a vote to neg. -1
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,932,118
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 06:12
    planting42 said:Strategy One said:Who cares if people put they want to boost single player gamesAgreed. How is this hurting anyone?Exactly. Sometimes I use it just for irony. #DogOfWar #DisneyTheLittleMermaid

If the feature is used for some purpose that isn't on the site, cool. That means no time spent creating a feature that may not be needed. As long as it isn't for feedback, it's really not an issue.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth. Always carry [popcorn].
  • WyyvernWyyvern800,715
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 08:26, Edited on 19 June 16 at 08:27 by Wyyvern
    I use my boost list as a "working on" list, which is why I've got Crimson Dragon and Forza Motorsport 6 in it even though I've finished the MP parts of both games.
    Here be dragons.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,109
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 08:32
    planting42 said:Strategy One said:Who cares if people put they want to boost single player gamesAgreed. How is this hurting anyone?It doesn't hurt anyone, but like I said, using it for unintended purposes isn't a reason to keep it, and neither is "it doesn't hurt anyone". Of course, again like I said, I don't see it as being worth even the minor effort to remove the option.
  • GMNGMN492,607
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 08:43
    DarthGoose13 said:GMN said:DarthGoose13 said:Why? People use it for their own reasons such as myself. I'm not dumb, I just use it in a way that you think is not intended. Each to their own.explainThere is no need for an explanation, I will use the feature as I see fit. It does not affect anybody or anything else.yes but what is the reason you use it for, that's the point of this thread.

No real need for an attitude, everytime I see someone adding a single player game to boost list i think oh someone's trying to be edgy and failing.

Going by the responses to the thread this isn't necessarily the case.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads