Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Halo Wars 2 Story ViDoc

• EurydaceEurydace652,644
    Posted on 22 July 16 at 23:39
    The fate of the crew and the will of a Brute

Please click here to read the story: Halo Wars 2 Story ViDoc
  • planting42planting422,094,233
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 00:52
    So can't wait!
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
  • Strategy OneStrategy One706,966
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 01:23, Edited on 23 July 16 at 01:59 by Strategy One
    Going to be so fun!

I think im going to take a vacation just for Halo Wars 2 just because 1) its Strategy 2) its like THE BEST STRATEGY for XBOX and 3) ITS HALO

Going to get like no sleep lol
  • EurydaceEurydace652,644
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 01:31, Edited on 23 July 16 at 01:31 by Eurydace
    Strategy One said:
    Going to be so fun!

I think im going to take a vacation just for Halo Wars 2 just because 1) its Strategy 2) its like THE BEST STRATEGY for XBOX and 3) ITS HALO
    I hated the beta. Gonna buy for sure but on PC. It's a genre that just doesn't work on controller, as much as I want it to laugh

Plus I have a gaming PC. I should probably use it for something other than Civ 5 laugh
  • Temple JonesTemple Jones207,696
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 04:10
    i dislike the new cg character design for Cutter and the professor, should have left original looks and voice actors but with updated engine. These just look like completely different people.
    Also am i the only one who doesnt like the uber photo-realism that halo is moving toward, the trailers are basically live action people now. I dont think ive liked the cg design for any halo since Halo 4 which i think was pinnacle of character design ingame, and cinematics.
    Edward Temple Jones
  • Posted on 23 July 16 at 09:33
    Does it bug anyone else when they do these silly info trailers that give away a LOT about the game?? I wish I hadn't started the video.. I'm talking specifically about the real employees talking about the game. I was excited about the Halo Wars 2 news, didn't realize it was going to be such a spoiler. Stopped it maybe 40 seconds in. I want the game to be exciting when it starts... need to avoid any more trailers.
  • Posted on 23 July 16 at 20:57
    Love a good stratery game (think the glory days of C&C, they were the days) and Halo so I will be getting this. Maybe not day one but eventually. Also another play through of Halo Wars 1 will now be required ;)
  • Strategy OneStrategy One706,966
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 08:51
    Shadow 00 Fox said:
    Does it bug anyone else when they do these silly info trailers that give away a LOT about the game?? I wish I hadn't started the video.. I'm talking specifically about the real employees talking about the game. I was excited about the Halo Wars 2 news, didn't realize it was going to be such a spoiler. Stopped it maybe 40 seconds in. I want the game to be exciting when it starts... need to avoid any more trailers.
    warning

You should know better than to click videos of something that really hypes you up!!!!! Pictures only!
  • Posted on 24 July 16 at 18:46, Edited on 24 July 16 at 18:49 by Shadow 00 Fox
    Strategy One said:
    Shadow 00 Fox said:
    warning

You should know better than to click videos of something that really hypes you up!!!!! Pictures only!
    I was expecting a trailer.. not detailed explanations of what you're going to be encountering in the game. Fortunately I only got about 10% so there'll be lots of surprises. :-D

Another good/funny/stupid example is when I watched a movie in theatres earlier this year(maybe Xmen?); one of the actor's comes on the screen first and talks about her part in the movie and how they did some of the stunts... I felt like getting my money back I was so upset. The whole point is to make it believable? and then she does this stupid talk right before the movie starts. Dumbest thing ever.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic577,957
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 19:57, Edited on 24 July 16 at 20:05 by Rhyolitic
    Eurydace said:
    Strategy One said:
    Going to be so fun!

I hated the beta. Gonna buy for sure but on PC. It's a genre that just doesn't work on controller, as much as I want it to laugh

Plus I have a gaming PC. I should probably use it for something other than Civ 5 laugh
    See, the difference here with Halo Wars 1 & 2 are they are games designed for the controller first and keyboard+mouse second. That's unlike other RTS games that are trying to get the functionality of a KB+M ported over to a controller. It makes a difference in which way the porting goes. I felt that HW1 was a damn good control scheme and streamlining of the menus necessary to do anything in an RTS.

Would it seem simplistic? Yes. But that simplism gives the game a MUCH better playability factor (IMO) than trying to juggle 104 keys and 18 ways of plopping a building down. I do wish that there was more freedom in the base building rather than having that central hub which limits the bases.

Edit - On topic, but 28 years out? How are they going to handle their shipboard AI? Those things go rampant after about 7 years. I know they mentioned Isabella, but still, that original smart AI needs to be addressed. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.
  • Posted on 25 July 16 at 03:04
    Great comments Rhyolitic!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads