Game Discussion: Titanfall (Xbox 360)

Regarding the inevitable death of this game...

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 July 16 at 05:50, Edited on 23 July 16 at 05:53 by
    Irrelevant of when it happens; these are the terms...

"RESPAWN MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AND SERVICES AFTER 30 DAYS' NOTICE POSTED AT WWW.TITANFALL.COM.".

I know not everyone is aware of this. I believe it takes a minimum of 34 days to unlock this achievement...

Titanfall (Xbox 360)All Day Every DayThe All Day Every Day achievement in Titanfall (Xbox 360) worth 309 pointsComplete 100 Daily Challenges
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,119,022
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 06:04
    Oh shit, I got to hop on this game cause titanfall is going down the shitter shock
  • JumboWarioJumboWario1,126,015
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 11:07
    I need to get back on this as well. If anyone still needs Frontier Defense stars or regen challenges let me know.
    Game On.
  • Czesio83Czesio83940,766
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 21:02
    Kronos Khaos said:

"RESPAWN MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AND SERVICES AFTER 30 DAYS' NOTICE POSTED AT WWW.TITANFALL.COM.".

I know not everyone is aware of this. I believe it takes a minimum of 34 days to unlock this achievement...

Titanfall (Xbox 360)All Day Every DayThe All Day Every Day achievement in Titanfall (Xbox 360) worth 309 pointsComplete 100 Daily Challenges
    exactly where you found the information about it?I was looking at this site and found nothing about this roll
  • Vito084Vito0842,591,603
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 22:12
    Kronos Khaos said:

This sounds like fear mongering to me. But that's just me, I hope it is not true tho. I would like to see the site or thread you read this on please.
    Got to love stackable games :P
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,119,022
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 22:38
    He is making it aware that this could be happening soon since the game is dead on the 360 side and couldn't get axed when titanfall 2 comes out. He is not saying it is confirmed or rumored but that it can soon
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 July 16 at 23:32, Edited on 23 July 16 at 23:41 by
    Czesio83 said:
    exactly where you found the information about it?I was looking at this site and found nothing about this roll
    Are you a twelve year old girl? That's about the only time for "rolling eyes". However, people can now roll their eyes at you.

Go look in a manual that comes with the game, geniuses. The same information in that manual is also at the bottom of this page...

link hidden

Enjoy being wrong.
  • Piston ToyotaPiston Toyota1,135,168
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 23:37, Edited on 23 July 16 at 23:40 by Piston Toyota
    Last I checked, every game in the universe features a disclaimer like that somewhere. At the very least all Activision games have one and that exact notice is on all EA games, it's their standard server shutdown grace period. It's really more a matter of legal ass covering than any kind of imminent doomsday prophecy.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 July 16 at 23:55, Edited on 23 July 16 at 23:57 by
    Piston Toyota said:
    Last I checked, every game in the universe features a disclaimer like that somewhere. At the very least all Activision games have one and that exact notice is on all EA games, it's their standard server shutdown grace period. It's really more a matter of legal ass covering than any kind of imminent doomsday prophecy.
    Games are meant to have a disclaimer. However, it's not the exact same one.

Look at the one at the bottom of this page...

https://www.origin.com/en-au/store/buy/battlefield-4/pc-down...

Conveniently, it doesn't include... "RESPAWN MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AND SERVICES AFTER 30 DAYS’ NOTICE POSTED AT WWW.TITANFALL.COM."; which is also in a manual for Titanfall.

I'm not making claims to a date; I'm indicating their terms. That's the entire point.
  • Piston ToyotaPiston Toyota1,135,168
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 00:18
    I can find mentions of that 30 day warning disclaimer on almost every EA game I checked. I personally checked Mirror's Edge, Burnout Paradise, Syndicate and Mass Effect 3 and all of them have that disclaimer verbatim on the back of their case somewhere. Titanfall is in no way unique on that.

Should people be scared of a server shutdown? Yes, always. But that warning is no more evidence of it happening than anything else is.
  • Vito084Vito0842,591,603
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 00:37
    All this means if you want to complete Titanfall on the Xbox 360 you should get on it ASAP. Which is what i will be doing when i have done the One version next week.
    Got to love stackable games :P
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 July 16 at 01:15
    Do those games have anywhere near the online-dependent achievements that Titanfall does? No. Mirror's Edge doesn't even have a single online achievement. That disclaimer means nothing for Mirror's Edge.

Those terms are far more relevant to Titanfall; they uniquely identify Respawn; should they choose to do so. It's also more relevant as Titanfall uses more resources to run on both consoles. The 360 version doesn't have a heavy population; don't expect it to be supported for years on end. It also has a sequel on the way. Let's not pretend they want people to stay on their first game. They also made all of the DLC free for both versions of this game. Not true at all; Titanfall has far more evidence to suggest they don't want it around for years on end.

Such a pointless detour to my original post; given the terms; there is a potential clash with one of the achievements. The end.
  • Strategy OneStrategy One706,966
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 10:05, Edited on 24 July 16 at 10:08 by Strategy One
    I just checked the source and that's a disclaimer stating that they have the ability to halt online activity with a 30 day notice at any time and giving the link where they would post it, way to scare people.
  • ElyohElyoh1,098,031
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 10:11, Edited on 24 July 16 at 10:17 by Elyoh
    Especially as they have, commonly, given quite a bit more than 30 days notice. That is just the minimum.

Edit: Case in point, they've given over 2 months for their most recent closure.

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 24 July 16 at 21:23
    Kronos Khaos said:
    Do those games have anywhere near the online-dependent achievements that Titanfall does? No. Mirror's Edge doesn't even have a single online achievement. That disclaimer means nothing for Mirror's Edge.

Those terms are far more relevant to Titanfall; they uniquely identify Respawn; should they choose to do so. It's also more relevant as Titanfall uses more resources to run on both consoles. The 360 version doesn't have a heavy population; don't expect it to be supported for years on end. It also has a sequel on the way. Let's not pretend they want people to stay on their first game. They also made all of the DLC free for both versions of this game. Not true at all; Titanfall has far more evidence to suggest they don't want it around for years on end.

Such a pointless detour to my original post; given the terms; there is a potential clash with one of the achievements. The end.
    I, for one, appreciate the heads-up. I have not started the game (and not sure I will) so I didn't know of the 34 day time frame for challenges, but this does show that the usual 30 day notice on EA titles DOES apply even though Respawn aren't "owned" by EA which I did wonder. So thank you! rock
    You get people to buy your DLC by making it attractive, not by screwing them out of their current activities -- PuckJunkie
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads