Game Discussion: Dex

Skip this trash

• LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,607,673
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 21:42, Edited on 24 July 16 at 11:44 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Got through most of the game last night, get on today and all my fucking saves are gone. Every single one. It's like I turned it on for the first time. And this shit was 20 fucking dollars?
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm646,879
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 22:02
    That's terrible. This game was on my buy list. The only reason I had not got it because I was out of town.

Since you're supposed to have a saved game in the cloud as well as local, I wonder if you have a chance of recovering your saves from the cloud. Play on a different console (preferred) or delete and reload your account on the console where you were playing.

At any rate, I sure feel for you.
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 00:00
    I checked the cloud, nothing there. I didn't even have any local data when I got up. The game is short enough it can be done in one sitting, and that's what I'm doing now. Just sucks because I think I was on the second to last quest of the game. Kinda felt like I should finish it but I was tired after work. Guess I should have known better...
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 02:17
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    I checked the cloud, nothing there. I didn't even have any local data when I got up. The game is short enough it can be done in one sitting, and that's what I'm doing now. Just sucks because I think I was on the second to last quest of the game. Kinda felt like I should finish it but I was tired after work. Guess I should have known better...
    Is the game good? I was enthusiastic about it before your post & am willing to grit my teeth through the roadbumps if it's worth it. Your recommendation?
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 05:53
    I would probably have rated a 2.5 before this (and obviously .5 stars now). Story is mildly interesting but gets bogged down with quite a few cliches, combat is boring as shit and shallow, and the game world is very small. You'll be doing a metric fuck ton of backtracking, which is pretty sad when the game is only a 5-10 hour completion. And they charged $20?

If you get it on sale for $5, maaaaybe $10 and can play through the whole game in one sitting, I guess you could do worse. Not much worse though.
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 09:29
    Got it. I'll wait for a sale.
  • FinnanFinnan1,274,768
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 02:23
    Sale tomorrow! Only 25% off though...
    Posted on 25 April 17 at 03:20
    I think I'll hold out till a better sale comes around.
  • FinnanFinnan1,274,768
    Posted on 01 May 17 at 22:26
    After just finishing this, I concur, 15$ was still too much for this game.
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 01:01
    Finnan said:
    After just finishing this, I concur, 15$ was still too much for this game.
    LV 1 Blue Slime is a great judge - I think I'll wait till it's free on GwG. It's a pity because the pre-release info looked great.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,118,735
    Posted on 09 January 19 at 00:50
    On sale for $3. Sounds like a pretty annoying save bug. Lots of complaints in the store reviews too.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 February 19 at 11:36
    I bought it for 3$ and had a great time. No bugs, lost saves or crashes. Well worth it, I would be comfortable with paying 15$ for this game. The voice acting was surprisingly good. Recommended if you are interested in cyberpunk stories/ settings.
  • Posted on 06 February 19 at 12:28
    I also had a great time and experienced no bugs
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • Posted on 24 February 19 at 19:47
    Adding to the thread to say that I was able to complete it without any issues either. Was pleasantly surprised with the title, considering the price.
    "This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I have to spend all day computing Pi because he plugged in the overlord."
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney1,078,985
    Posted on 30 November 20 at 02:39
    Had hours of progress wiped from last night, so I played all afternoon and got to Chapter 4. Made sure I had multiple saves, including the Checkpoint Chapter save showing I was in Chapter 4. Quit out of the game like I would any other XB1 game to grab a bite to eat. Come back, and I've once again lost several hours of progress. Un-fucking-believable. So done with this game.
    Hey, you! Pipe down!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads