Game Discussion: Forced

Forced Multi-Genre Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 31 July 16 at 21:25
    Please use this thread to discuss this games classification under the new multi-genre system.

Click here to cast your votes.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,666,343
    Posted on 01 August 16 at 22:24
    Action-H&S. No main/side quests, no skill trees, no leveling up, barely any story. Just some skills unlocked via collectibles. No real RPG elements at all.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,612,976
    Posted on 04 August 16 at 19:50
    Thanks Blue Slime! I only have the first achievement, so I wasn't sure, but RPG definitely didn't feel correct to me from my hour or so of play.
    Faker Faker Playmaker
  • Information
    Posted on 29 March 17 at 23:22
    LV 1 Blue Slime has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    LV 1 Blue Slime has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
  • Zonrith1Zonrith1671,264
    Posted on 24 April 17 at 18:29
    Not familiar with this game. The enemies, are they strong/weak to particular weapons types? I'm assuming the desire (from the prior discussion) is to tag as H&S, and that trait would make for a very easy sell. Definition does rely on weapon upgrades, which this clearly has, but if that's just a proxy for a leveling system then it gets a bit nebulous. RPG is looking like a poor home, just not sure yet if H&S is a good home.

Others who have played willing to weigh in some thoughts?
    Eclectic Gamers Podcast: http://eclecticgamers.com
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,666,343
    Posted on 02 May 17 at 23:19
    I don't remember if the enemies are weak to certain weapons, but different characters excel at different stages and tasks because of their movesets. Gameplay consists of doing each stage in a "world" before you can move on to the next. Each stage has 3 crystals you can earn by doing certain tasks, and as you get more crystals, you unlock skills in each class. These can be things that affect your main weapon's attack, or unlock moves like a warrior charge or spells. It's basically your typical character progression system almost every game seems to have nowadays, sans RPG elements. The game has no leveling system, gaining crystals doesn't increase stats, they just unlock skills.

If you don't put it in H&S I'm not sure where else could go, honestly, aside from just Action.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
    Posted on 03 May 17 at 12:59
    The character approach sounds like a proxy mechanic. We've seen that on some other H&S games. I'm loathe to use Action unless there's really no other place. I think, with the mechanics, a H&S player would be satisfied the classification is proper. Thanks for the additional details.

Recommendation:
    Add: Hack & Slash
    Remove: Role Playing; Action-RPG
  • OldMateClownOldMateClown1,061,815
    Posted on 05 May 17 at 15:55
    Hack and Slash seems fine as does the removal of RPG
    Posted on 05 May 17 at 17:18
    Change has been made, game is now just H&S. Thanks all.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads